I'm a jew and I can't solve this... so there must be something wrong with the question

I'm a jew and I can't solve this... so there must be something wrong with the question.

What is the minimal force(T) that the fag(m1) needs to apply for on the rope to pull himself up

Does the pulley have mass?

no, nether does the rope

>A jew that can't do math
Kill yourself

its not math retard it's physics

Alright. Then you can simply say fuck you in jewspeak to the pulles. The important part is that the force on the loose end of the rope must be equal or greater than the gravitational pull on the lil goy. Seeing as the grav. pull is m1 * g, His pull must be equal to that.

tl;dr T = m1 * g

you forgot the chair's mass and the normal force brainlet gtfo

Wrong actually. Goy pulling on the line is exerting downward force on it, which must have a counter reaction in the same amount force lifting him up.
m1*g - T = T
m1*g = 2T
There is no chair mass given. m1 gets treated as the entire mass then. Why even use normal force here?

Physics 101: If it isn't mentioned, it isn't needed.

youre right
can explain a little more i'm kinda lost

the chair has a mass of m2

Then add it to m1. Though it adds a funny situation where the goy might have a better luck climbing the rope himself without the chair if m2>>m1. You can write it with normal force but it will be the same shit.

can you explain which T belongs to which ?

T is the downward force pulling the line. Due to simplified tensile mechanics it will be pulling the seat up as another force at the end of the line.

Newton's third law states that if the arm is pulling something down, it's also pulling itself up. You can simplify it as an upward force attached to the dude of the same magnitude.

But that wouldn't mean the force needed is less than T?

Answer: by symmetry [math]\bar{T}=mg/2 \hat{e}_y[/math]

WTF does this has to do with anything faggot?

T is the force needed though? It's less than m1*g.

Ooo, so you just need half the the force equivalent to your weight.

can someone draw it I still don't know what the fuck is going on?

i aint drawing shit but here's how it works

if the guy is sitting on the chair and holding the rope, the right side of the rope is being pulled up at mg
just to remain perfectly still, the guy has to counteract that force by pulling down on the rope at mg, but by doing so he also lifts himself off the chair
the harder he pulls on the right side, the less he weighs on the left side
that's what means

Everything. Learn physics, ultragay.