Anyone here tried chinchilla? I had one for about a year now and recently the thoughts crossed my mind...

Anyone here tried chinchilla? I had one for about a year now and recently the thoughts crossed my mind, can i eat her after she passes? Unless it dies from sickness or old age, or some fucked up reason.

Any chinchilla recipes?

make a glove out of it too

that would be an awesome fapping glove

I imagine you could. Chinchillas are related to rabbits and guinea pigs, both of which are eaten as food. Rabbits are commonly eaten all over the place and guinea pig is a big deal in south america (same place chinchillas come from)

There will be very little meat on it though. I've had chinchillas as pets before. They look big but that's just all the poofy fur. It probably wouldn't be worth the effort as you'll get very little meat.

As for how to prepare it, I'd look at recipes for similar animals like rabbit, guinea pig, and squirrel.

You may want to keep in mind that the quality of meat from an animal that dies of old age tends to be really poor. The older an animal gets, the gamier and tougher its meat becomes.

I'd suggest you only use the chinchilla's fur, or just give her an honorable burial in the back yard instead of desecrating your pet's corpse. But if you insist on using the meat, you might want to look up Peruvian recipes for guinea pig. They're probably pretty close to chinchillas in terms of eating.

Chinchilla are too cute to eat

I'm really starting to hate ck and the repetitive shitposting

>Unless it dies from sickness or old age, or some fucked up reason

Nigga what other ways are there to die?

Chinchillas can spontaneously die of surprise, or can will themselves to die if they're sad.

Old age is one thing that would not make me want to go through with it. Chinchilla run around a lot, and jump off of high places. If she brakes something and im forced to put her out, then i would try some chinchilla burger.
Im serious, user

>eating animal corpse is desecrating not reverence

There are multiple human tribes/communities throughout history that would like a word with you faggot.

>can will themselves to die if they're sad.

Like nearly every mammal on the planet.

>Unless it dies from sickness or old age

How else would it die?

Are you in those tribes? Then shut the fuck up and stop being weird

"suicide"

Is that some type of squirrel?

>weird

Implying the customs of other humans are weird because it isnt doing something fucked up like burning the body to ashes or putting it in the ground for the worms and maggots to feed on.

Funny how you take exception with that user calling a group's customs weird yet you call other group's customs fucked up

Im trying to point out to you that what anyone else does isnt any less weird than what you do yourself.

are you suggesting this guy is 2edgy4u?

this sounds true but it's not, relativism is not infinite

Are you chinese?

If you're serious how is this like the 4th time Ive seen this same thread

It's just you. Searching the archive for OP posts with the word "chinchilla" only returns this thread.

There are some extremely obnoxious reposts on this board, but this seems way too earnest and specific.

what a fag

guys are so gross

Feeling a bit triggered?

That doesn't explain why I'm not dead yet

get out bitch.

post tits

kek

It's likely to be full of tumors and abcesses when it dies if they have any of the same problems rats do. As much as I want to try chinchilla, I'd suggest burying it.

if she's snuffed via veterinarian methods, her meat will be incredibly toxic from the lethal chemicals.

I just need to talk about chinchillas for a second

Is there a more pointless fucking animal in all of nature?

If it gets wet, it dies
If you talk too loud near it, it dies
If it sees another chinchilla getting fed before it, it dies
If it gets slightly too warm, it dies
If it gets slightly too cold, it dies
Sometimes they just straight up die if they get a little bit lonely

How are they not extinct? Like how do they survive in the wild?

They do pretty okay in nature. It's only in captivity when they seem like horrible animals. They don't stress so much when they can have their 100 chinchilla colony and have their own burrows and have plentiful food and they're not trapped in a small cage surrounded by unfamiliar things.

By having 8 trillion babies at a time to increase the odds that at least one will survive long enough to have 8 trillion babies of its own.

What?
No. I have two of these cute little bastards.
>If it gets wet, it dies
No. The thing is if it gets wet too often the moisture stays under the outer fur layer and might start to get moldy. But it not like they spontaneously just die from it. There isn't that much rain in the andes, which explains why this is a thing
>If you talk too loud near it, it dies
How loud to you talk?
>If it sees another chinchilla getting fed before it, it dies
It IS hilarious how jealous these are.
>If it gets slightly too warm, it dies
>If it gets slightly too cold, it dies
Ehh, pet chinchillas are a bit more robust, and it is never the cold that kills them, heat IS a problem though, but less so than to most terrarium creatures.
>Sometimes they just straight up die if they get a little bit lonely
No. They don't. Sometimes it is actually better for them to be alone, if it is an anti-social miserable bastard chinchilla.

Anyhow. I'd suppose you'd eat a chinchilla in the same way that you would eat a guinea pig. But i would not bother, they are skinny as fuck under that fur.

Fuck the haters, OP. They're probably all McChi/ck/en-guzzlig, obese virgins. You have to at least try to butcher it and if the meat is passable, try to cook it.

FOR SCIIIIEENCE!

Make sure to report back.

>2017
>assuming genders
Away with you

Please teach me how, I don't know where to get cyanide