First time cooking sirloin. Think it turned out bretty gud

First time cooking sirloin. Think it turned out bretty gud.

Looks delicious

nice job user! Looks great! 9/10

Looks great, how did you do it?
I want nice details.

good job on the meat user, your potatoes could be better though

Dude nice.

Damn, good sear, perfect inside. How long have you been cooking?

0/10 I'm angry I can't eat it.

Dad gave me some Omaha Steaks that were just taking up room in his freezer. Thawed out the sirloins overnight, rubbed them down with salt and pepper and let them sit for an hour. Buttered up the pan on medium-high heat and seared each side for 15 seconds. Then let each side fry, flipping every 30 seconds for 3 minutes. Sprinkled a bit more pepper on each side during the last minute. Turned out delicious, though I may have overdone it on the salt just a little bit.

Still experimenting with the best cook time on potatoes.

Only since I moved into my apartment a few months ago. This is the first steak I've ever cooked. Was pleasantly surprised, thought for sure I was going to fuck it up.

would consume/10

they look fine to me. i hate under cooked potatoes as much as overcooked. they look like they had a bit of crisp on the outside and a baked potato texture.

good job.

I wish I could eat sirloin, it's too chewy for me; can only do filet :(

looks tasty user, cheers

Speaking of, I still have these filets. Can I cook these the same way I did the sirloin?

Honestly, they don't look like a tender cut. Looks more like a slow cook braise application, but what cut is it?

tenderloin

Oops, my bad.

>Still experimenting with the best cook time on potatoes.
Cook them long as fuck, like 2 hours at 175c, and baste with butter every 30 mins. Sage also goes fantastically with potatoes.

Pretty much reiterating what that other user said, but that's a decent sear and it looks great on the inside.

Very impressive for a first time.

I'd personally cook the tenderloin a bit longer on a lower heat, but it's mostly down to personal preference, and with a good cut of meat you can't go far wrong anyway.

you do potatoes a bit different. I cooked mine for 30 minutes at 450F (232C) coated in olive oil and pepper. I don't like when the outside gets really crispy.

pic made me so hungry I actually went and made myself a PB&J. Splendid job user

You can cook them the same way if you want to. When they're done slice it thin across the grain about 1/4 inch thick slices. You could use the same pan and make some kind of gravy for it if you want or saute some mushrooms in it and some red wine and make a reduction sauce to pour over the slices but isn't needed obviously.

I cut my potatoes a little smaller, like quarter the halves, then parboil a bit then put in the oven with olive oil/butter/sage and bake until browned on the edges like that kind of. It makes them have a crispier outside and soft fluffy insides. I don't find issue in yours though. The meat nor the potatoes. Carrots look good also. Good job user

did you warm the plate OP? looks like you didn't.