Hey. what should you read when your parents pay for an apartment for you...

Hey. what should you read when your parents pay for an apartment for you, you're bored and alone and you feel that you have no future for yourself, and you failed at school because it's so uninteresting that you can't even focus on the work, and all jobs just seem like learning some robot skill so you can be a cow or a cog, and a subservient little bitch; where you just want to escape it all into a strange world where everything is strange and interesting? Is there a book for that feeling, when the crushing hopelessness and loneliness seem to have taken over, and you want to feel some sense of wonder for the world again?

siddhartha. thank me later bub

read your horoscope

I know it's a meme but my diary, desu.

read a history of philosophy book then start with the greeks you've got unlimited time and no worries just start reading

Enter the world of wage slavery and write a novel with your free time... also read lots of 19th century english lit

how about going outside and pursuing an interest/hobby/something huh you ever thought of that

an interest or hobby? dude, idk what sort of interest or hobby there is to pursue that doesn't cost money. I already have a really nice headphone setup, a big collection of CDs which are just for display and I literally never play, all my books on my book shelf which I always read, my gigantic collection of music that takes up several terabytes, and I'm burned out on video games. I can only imagine having a sex life of some sort being interesting, but to be honest I've never had a sex life because I always desired to have sex with people who I know closely, not just some random person.

How old are you?
Arent your parents paying for your apparment?
Just go back on their basement and use that money to go to film school or whatever
Literally anything is better than the situation you are now

The problem is not that you somehow lack the correct media, the problem is that you're a whiny piece of shit

Go do something, and don't quit in 5 minutes because it's "too uninteresting" and come back to complain about your 20 year old upper middle class white kid ennui on Veeky Forums.

fucking hell my dude. I wanna go study literature, but that's not gonna be 'lucrative'. Honestly, there's nowhere to channel my anger for this feeling, you know what happens then? Despair. There's not even anyone to be angry at, you just realize that everything sucks ass, and the age you live in is literally guaranteeing you suffering, unless you somehow are okay with doing school work and being a slave.

this guy

I work for 40 hours a week, but I enjoy my work (moving company so heavy manual labor). After work, I go to the gym and practice olympic weightlifting, which I look forward to every day as sport. Then, I come home, eat a very rewarding meal,smoke a bowl, and read until I peacefully fall asleep and start over. I'm saving ~80% of my earnings thanks to a short-term free housing situation, which will allow me to live at ease for the coming future. On the weekends, I go to a bar and chat with girls to get to know them, getting laid inconsistently but consistently. If you do all this, you will like life. I eat well, sleep well, look well, and think well.

I am well, thanks for asking.

Dude, work in a bookstore, especially one of those buy/sell/exchange cheap bookstores.
Also Great Book of Amber.

your life sounds like garbage.

I really hope this is OP telling me my life sounds like garbage after asking us how to make his life not garbage.

Your parents dont want to pay for it?

they would, but I have apprehensions.

You have "apprehensions" because you're a lazy piece of shit who wants someone to spoonfeed him fulfillment. You don't actually want to go and do something.

Do you have the least idea how ridiculous this sounds? The world is guaranteeing you suffering because nobody will pay you to read books all day (despite this not even being true)? Everything sucks ass, as you post from a paid-for apartment filled with tens of thousands of dollars of things to do (that you probably didn't pay for either)?

Please take your pointless self-pitying blog threads to /r9k/ in the future

Lol
Of course is not going to be lucrative
But, have you seen those posts of people who went to STEM for the money and and are neet now?
Im going to fucking music school next year
That if i pass the admission
Is a really retarded choice, just as literature or whatever, maybe even more, but I dont really care and you shouldnt too
Life is not like "follow these steps and you will have money and everything will be fine :)"
You can get hit by a truck tomorrow

>You can get hit by a truck tomorrow
I will fight to make it to the singularity. I eat the healthiest possible diet I can too, so I can live longer. My diet is strict as fuck, I'm not kidding. All shit that comes straight from the ground to my plate, cooked up, fats, proteins, vegetables, complex carbs. Dude, I got this shit. You know how unfortunate we are to be born in the fucking 21st century, we could have been born in the fucking 22nd century and made it, but I'm gonna try, I'm gonna hold out for the singularity, the one hope.

>fats
monounsaturated fats, I should add. the healthy kind, avocados and wild sockeye salmon mostly mostly.

>i was totally born in the wrong generation X)
Stop blaiming the 21st century
In other times you could have seen all your family rot on the black plague or whatever
Jesus I thought I was a pussy faggot but you are setting the bar to damn high
Maybe you should drop acid to stop your faggy thought patterns

I wish I could smoke weed, but I'm not gonna buy black market weed.

jfc
Just when I thought I couldnt hate you more
Weed is literally the most faggy drug in existence
It will just make you lazy and more depressed
I know this by self experience
Now go back to your moms house and help her clean it instead of making her pay for some faggy apparment, faggot

Dude in 1000 years, we're gonna live in a star trek civilization, we were born in the infancy of the human race, thousands of years of religion have causes progress to stagnate but we're finally breaking out of it and we're gonna live in a world where all this ridiculous strife will be looked back on with awe. They're gonna marvel at how awful our lives were in this day, I'm not even fucking kidding dude. Probably even 50 years from now they're gonna look back on the way we live and just say holy fuck, I'm glad I wasn't born in that shit heap generation, sort of like the dark ages are to us. We are still in the dark ages, civilization hasn't gotten off the ground yet.

Why make it to the singularity?

Mmm really made think

DUDE YOU CAN FUCKING UPLOAD YOUR brain into a computer, and virtual reality, and robots taking over all the boring crappy jobs, and fucking life expectancy soaring. You think I wanna die at some crappy young age when technology has the capability to extend my life way beyond what we think is capable now, and live it healthy and able bodied? Dude, one of the only heels right now of my life is I wanna spend just fucking ever doing whatever I want, taking time to find the perfect date, not feeling like everything is a fucking rush before I die or get old. I have so many books I wanna read and so many things I wanna do.

Start with the Greeks

Exercise you idiot. Lift some weights, ride a bike real fast. Get that energy out and get some cheap dopamine in your system. Then sit down and read a fucking book. You'll feel better.