How bad is sugar for you if you manage to stay normal weight?

How bad is sugar for you if you manage to stay normal weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-carbohydrate_diet
dietdoctor.com/low-carb/side-effects
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you eat it, you will die within a lifetime.

Almost all people who died have consumed sugar during their lifetime.

Being thin doesn't mean you're safe from diabetes.
Sugar isn't literally hitler, but it's best to stick with fruits and juices.

>fruits
>no sugar

amerifat education

Untreated diabetes makes your fingers fall off and you certainly will go blind.

his point was to eat little sugar OUTSIDE OF EATING FRUITS you fucking autist

my point was that fruits have sugar too you sperglord

it's much safer than artificial sweetner

Why are we constantly worrying about stupid shit like this?

If it is bad, so what? Will that make you happier? Who knows.

I say not to have a long life, but a good life.

just eat apples bruz much healthier and they're a delicious sugary treat with the occasional lobster for tea; you are what you eat and lobsters are forever ageing immortally down below in the great big sea, "ahh fuck me". and thats how we became to be.

one big fuck fest now know as an orgy

Shoot yourself in the head while enjoying a rollercoaster ride.

Back to .

A diet low on sugar improves my mood.
Now stick a candle of dynamite up your ass.

How much sugar would you have to regularly consume to get 'beetus?

??
What kind of a retarded fucking question is this?
Sugar is an essential nutrient

>sugar
>essential nutrient

For some reason Ive started to dislike fruits.
They taste great but everything about them is so annoying.
You get sticky as fuck hands wheb you eat most fruits and afterqards you feel like you've filled your stomach with junk. It fucks up your eating cycles because it stops hunger but isnt a proper meal.

No it isn't you piece of trash.
You can live with 0 sugar on your diet.
The body can make it's own glucose.
Not only that, but you can live without carbohydrates as well.

Really? Cool, can you link me to some pages where I can read up on that? Especially on the carbohydrates part.

Man, you have NO idea how wrong your are....

Stop eating your fruit like you were born to swing in trees then, and i dont know why youd feel like you've just ingested junk; maybe your so prone to corporate foods the apple is seen as a threat to your carefully constructed disease ridden system.

just like when you quit weed or something.. your body suddenly becomes ill

>You can live with 0 sugar on your diet.
Are you retarded? You think your brain survives from fat and proteins? Glucose is the only source of nourishment the brain uses and it's the first organ to use it within minutes it enters the body so don't bring up gluconeogenesis.

It is possible, i knew a guy that didnt sleep for 9months. Indigenous fella, went on a spirit walk and couldnt find his way home for 416 days; he returned to the world that matters, a stinkin raving lunatic. With his eyes have the ability to see 1000miles and could smell the blood lubricating your bones, only being deceived by his scent of dumpers and glue that kept him at bay, which drove him insane wondering the day/night cycle becoming a notorious Blackboy.

he grew over 9000 hairs in that 416days reborn a filthly fuck of society acting like he invented the stick(stick of wonders) whence dribble from the didgery dooo enthuthiast

>blood glucose and table sugar are the same thing

kek fucking brainlets

what did he mean by this?

Gluconeogenesis is absolutely sufficient to provide the brain with glucose.

Is there any molecules of sugar in water? Then 100%.

>Really? Cool, can you link me to some pages where I can read up on that? Especially on the carbohydrates part.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-carbohydrate_diet
Have as well a look at the [See also] at the end of the page.
Get bent.

Is it as bad as dihydrogen monoxide? I was told it is a toxin and to avoid it at all costs, but everything I look at it contains dihydrogen monoxide. What do I do? How to I avoid the toxins!!!!!11!

Drink Liquid Nitrogen. I've done it before and I got the worst brain freeze ever, and all the way down my throat to my stomach I felt like someone was shoving ice down me! And later I had to be sent to the hospital because my stomach acid had frozen. But it's way better than that ebil 2h1o

>How bad is sugar for you
It isn't bad for you.

I've been eating nearly nothing but sweet pastry with honey, cocoa and milk for nearly 20 years.

Have no health problems aside from seasonal diseases.

Attempted suicide?

> juices

pls don't

xDDDDDD
> dihydrogen monoxide
This had to be Americans.

It alters your gut microbiome, increasing bacteria that are good at processing sugars, which in turn makes you fatter from less food

fpbp /thread

amazing contribution

You'll smell like solvent, please stay away from me carbs hater. Sugar is bad bud long chain carbs are good

>glucose = good
>fructose = bad

>juices
Enjoy your cirrhosis, retard.

"If you stay normal weight" implies regular exercise. Keep it up and you'll live longer than your doctor.

Candy has more sugar gram for gram than honey and you'd rarely come across honey as a hunter gatherer, you'd have to climb trees, smoke out the bees and still get stung a bit. High blood sugar causes glucose to replace vitamin C in immune cells. Sugar consumption is strongly linked with pancreatic cancer. It sates hunger quickly, however after blood sugar rises then falls below normal you will feel hungry again. Many foods are deceptively packed with sugar and high fructose syrup.

You can consume a lot of fat with no health problems, the "ketogenic diet" is a bit of a fad, but it can help with certain conditions and folks like the inuit survive fine on a staple of blubber. Carbohydrates are fine too, however some foods have a high glycemic index with similiar effects to sugar. Cornbread and beans have a low glycemic index.

We definitely consume excessive amounts of sugar. It is addictive like a drug, your body's ability to release blood glucose and ketone bodies diminishes if you can get a sugar buzz on demand..

>Many foods are deceptively packed with sugar and high fructose syrup.

Opinion discarded: HFCS breaks down into glucose and fructose in the body, just like ordinary sucrose (table sugar). People who talk about HFCS as a boogeyman are typically cranks. To be clear, I'm not saying that excess sugar isn't bad (it is) nor that fructose isn't bad (it's terribad) but that HFCS isn't actually worse than sucrose.

>juices
retard

sugar in juice is classified as free sugar just as in sodas or table sugar, aka the bad kind.

extremely.

fucks up all kinds of metabolic shit. i can't believe it's actually legal.

holy shit, does no one on sci know their nutrition?

OP would do better to ask this on fit it seems.

Heres a quick overview of out current knowledge of sugar.
>Free sugar is directly absorbed, such as added sugar, honey, syrups, and juices
>Bound sugar is absorbed slowly since its trapped inside fiber and other structures that need to be digested first, such as in fruits, nuts, meat, most other things
>Free sugar spikes your blood sugar levels, which is bad outside of very specific situations
>Free sugar must be limited to 25g per day, but less is better (one coke = 33g)
>Bound sugar has shown no negative effects outside of the calories it contributes
>Bound sugar is needed by your gut microbes to function properly

tl;dr: sugar is good for you, FREE sugar is bad.

it is just a common ingredient so I mentioned it

>>Bound sugar is needed by your gut microbes to function properly
0-carbohydrate dieters don't fart, have sturdy and odorless logs.
The gut microbiota has benefits but we don't yet know about the NET benefits.
As an unfortunate IBS sufferer, IF-keto does wonders for me.

Enjoy your fatty liver.

Any thoughts on dextrose.

Eating fruits doesn't stop hunger doe

It is study some biology it fucks with the liver lad

You're not able to smell yourself. You guys smell gross, like hobo alcoholics

HFCS is as bad as sucrose or fructose, so it's very bad. Americans use such huge quantities of it that it makes it the main health hazard for the US

>juices
Might as well take a tablespoon of sugar and add it to a glass of water.

But yes, pretty much your only source of sugar should come from fruits.

Try to minimize your grains as well. Lots of sugar. Only eat them if you do sports regularly.
No need for them if you're a desk jockey.

>pretty much your only source of sugar should come from fruits.
What about milk?

>minimize your grains as well
shitty advice, minimize your overly processed grains, but you should consume whole grain products, about 1.5 cups of pasta/ cooked cereal, or 3 slices of bread a day.

>slices of bread
>cooked cereal
>pasta
>overly processed grains
>processed
Kek. Try oats.

Grains aren't necessary for out diet. That myth came from the debunked food pyramid.
sugar/carbs aren't necessary if you're a desk jockey.
You should get by with less than 100 grams a day.

Don't know jack shit about diary products. Cheap source of protein if you're a Veeky Forumsizen.
Haven't heard many good things about it though.

Sugar is the normie term for carbohydrates. Their is nothing wrong with consuming excessive sugar if you eat your micronutrient requirements and if you do NOT gain weight (assuming you don't need or arent trying to gain weight).

That's why complex carbohydrates are recommended over "sugar" despite the fact that they are metabolized basically the same way, the complex just require a bit of hydrolysis first before consumption. As for weight loss, that solely depends on calories in vs. calories out. Sugary drinks are not satieiting foods, and thus make it easy to overconsume calories.

But to answer your question, no sugar is not bad if you stay normal weight + consume proper micronutrients. Sugar is actually one of the 2 energy sources required for humans.

>tl;dr no sugar is not bad if you take your vitamins and become a fatass

>You're not able to smell yourself. You guys smell gross, like hobo alcoholics
Your mum's cunt smells like that.
>Not everyone eating a ketogenic low-carb diet ever experience this ketone breath – and for most people who do it’s a temporary thing that goes away after a week or two.
dietdoctor.com/low-carb/side-effects
Not fat.
Experienced that once or twice after heavy workout last year.

Fructose is supposedly the worst sugar to consume. I question the validity of thay claim, but you should certainly stay away from juices. Because juices are not satiating

oats is a cooked cereal you retard

go away

Fat or sugar are interchangeable you tard, at least one of them is essential faggot

Go back to your food *sciences* major, retard.

>Sugar [is] an essential nutrient
>Fat or sugar are interchangeable you tard, [at least one of them is] essential faggot
That's what sugar did to you, make you a retard?

You're both thinking of fructose. Fructose gets stuck in the liver and over time can cause insulin resistance.

HFCS breaks down into fructose + glucose, just like sucrose (you can think of HFCS as a cheaper version of sucrose).

HFCS is not as bad as fructose, though people don't typically get pure fructose unless they got scammed by naturists into drinking fruit juice.

CORN

Okay. Go full paleo then,caveman

Fructose can supposedly bypass a regulatory step in the glycolysis pathway, basically it just can be metabolized differently from glucose, and something something ends up being bad. I forget. I also heard it might not result in you circulating as much Leptin as with other sugars, which is part of satiety.

Regardless you probably want to limit sugar in general.

sugar!=insulin
insulin sensitivity is an underlying factor to taking weight off and lipids are a less volatile fuel source.

Look at all the people spazzing out in here. This is why you should stay away from sugar. Just eat healthy and get fit. Best decision you'll ever make.

>Just
Oh yeah I'll "just X" right now, thanks for telling me to "just do it", you just turned my life around.

Jesus Christ dude

Weak minded pussy.