What are some GOOD books involving a weak, cuck male protagonist? I need something different

What are some GOOD books involving a weak, cuck male protagonist? I need something different.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Py5jAkbR5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ulysses

Werther

>Ulysses
>weak, cuck male protagonist
Did we read the same book?

nice digits

Mein Kampf

In a sort of way Raskolnikov from "Crime and Punishment" was a cuck

The story of OP's life

Herzog - Saul Bellow
Bonus points: your self insert is a jewish professor

The Metamorphosis by Kafka if you haven't read it. It's an ode to the depressed, ugly, alienated beta male.

I was about to say that.
Another suggestion: Saeterbakken's Don't Leave Me. I imagine the protagonist will hit very close to home for the /r9k/ shits you described.

Christopher Tietjens was a literal cuck.

Just go back to Pol, everyone there is a weak cuck male protagonist.

Othello has a strong black bull as the protagonist

Maybe someone should rewrite it from the perspective of Desdemona's husband

You apparently didnt

checked, and Bloom got his wife tag-teamed by Blazes Boylan and Stephen Dedalus

my diary, desu

Gregor wasn't a beta male though?

A book called 501(c)4 non-profit Nimble America. It's pretty notorious.

Karl Ove Knausgård - My Struggle

the once and future king. except he's a strong cuck

This actually

i'm not from pol i just want something different and most books i read seem to have pretty decent men, at least when it comes to relationships.

Tao Lin's Taipei is an example of a book with a cuck type guy but he's still in college so it's different.

OP's Autobiography

/pol/- the Complete Guide to Being a Beta

Did you read the ending?

Well I'm sorry for being a cunt then. When I read a little of Wuthering heights, the main character felt like a huge effeminate pussy to me.

Steinbeck often includes weak characters in his books. Usually broken folks who snap under pressure

Is this true?

>"I judge books without reading them" the post.
Hitler was probably one of the greatest badasses ever.
If you actually read his book, you would know that, even though his destiny was painful and bitter, he was able to overcome his enemies and become a true übermersch.

The Art of the Deal

>tag-teamed by Blazes Boylan and Stephen Dedalus
I actually laughed out loud at this for a long while, Molly does not get "tag-teamed" by Blazes and Stephen, she gets bagged by Blazes and fantasizes about bending over in front of Stephen and seducing him, even if that happens it doesn't mean they're going to screw. Moreover, it's also a joking reference to Freud's Oedipus theory, since Molly is Penelope and Stephen is Telemachus.

lmao, really, thanks for the post +1 i'm still laughing

I'm laughing more at the word "tag-teamed" to make it clear, kek. It's still obvious Bloom's getting kinda cucked by Stephen, but probably not more than Molly is by Bloom jacking off to (interestingly) a girl bending over in front of him --- actually an interesting parallel I never realized.

(You)

/thread

Hamlet.

White Nights is pretty much all you want.

Was thinking of reading this. Worth it?

Wowza

Not to degenerate this thread into /pol/posting but why do trumplets never respond to top banter like this? Whenever someone their own size fires banter that's better than common SJW word diarrhea they cower and slink away.

any books about teen superheroes (I still can't believe they write books about comic book shit) most of them come from single mothers, few even have cheating gfs

hitler was not a cuck but lets not kid ourselves. hitler had a too high opinion of himself and was a total hypocrite

pic related is a top seller in south africa at the moment

it funny how some people view whiteness. also is this an auto biography?

Bloom is ultimately heroic, like Odysseus. The book ends with Molly saying yes yes yes, not to Boylan but to Bloom.

There is a reading of Sirens where it is proposed that the 'siren call' of Sirens is not Bronze and Gold, but Bloom's opportunity to stop and confront Blazes Boylan or at least follow him, confirm what he already knows, and catch Molly in the act. By resisting this temptation he prevents wracking his marriage, his station, his daughter's perception of her parents and any other number of things upon the rocks. He is choosing a broader, more perceptive action which confirms his masculine identity at a broader more perceptive level. Not that he isn't riddled with insecurity throughout the whole book about being a cuckold.

Anyway, it's not as if Bloom is not philandering as well. To paraphrase something I read elsewhere: his cuckold's horns have made him king of the forest; Pan free to wallow in Dionysian excess without guilt or remonstrance.

He cucked himself by preoccupying himself with his dad's cucking and usurpation. Ophelia was raring to go but he was so mentally cucked he winds up cucking himself right out of her living vagina.

The Great Gatsby

Gatsby literally gets cucked to death.

I am fucking disgusted that no one posted Madame Bovary. Her husband was a fucking KEK

ym dyrai pnsaie

Gertrude and Claudius by Updike also holds the interpretation that Claudius was cucking the king.

>pretend like you actually fought in the war even though you just delivered mail
>make your entire foreign policy based upon autistic ""racial"" ""science""
>lose like the idiot you are, and cause your entire country to get raped by the Allies
>kill yourself like the bitch you are, while destroying Germany eternally in the process

Hitler was the greatest cuck of the 20th century.

Heh, ever heard of the redpill?

I remember when I was your age, kid

yikes

Letter carriers don't win the Iron Cross. They also don't get wounded in action multiple times. I'm not a neo-Nazi by any stretch of the imagination but it's childish to make ad hominem attacks on his war record. Most of us would shit our pants if we had to go to the front.

wait so hitler did not fight in the war? was that british guy also lying about having had him in sights?
>make your entire foreign policy based upon
nothing wrong with putting your country first. you just have to be an idiot to proclaim it to the whole world and be surprised that other countries don't support it
>kill yourself like the bitch you are
honestly the best option. no one wants to get knifed in the ass like gaddafi or otherwise be humiliated
>lose like the idiot you are, and cause your entire country to get raped by the Allies
marxists did that in ww. ww2 was more like a last ditch effort.

>They also don't get wounded in action multiple times
youtube.com/watch?v=8Py5jAkbR5k

russians won the war (against both germany and with their invasion of northern japan, prior to the unnecessary, economic powermove of US nuclear testing on civilian populations with hiroshima and nagasaki in the south)

us recognized this and promised reperations to the soviets, and never followed through because of our 4-year administrations, which allow us to lie to and exploit our allies systematically

*tips trump cap*

Are you German?

[Spetsnaz intensifies]

No, but my post is pretty Germanic there, so I could see how you think that. I come from Albania, an obscure little Balkan country, but was raised bilingually.

First, why the namefagging.

Second, this post strikes me as such pseudery. The ending of Ulysses is tragicomic, some critics have even interpreted it very pessimistically, we don't know what's going to happen to (financially and emotionally) poor Stephen, and Molly's still fucking Blazes, emotional impact of "yes I will Yes" aside. Actually having an affair with sex outside of marriage is a bit more serious than Bloom writing letters to women, looking at women and masturbating to one who bends over in front of him, Bloom doesn't even have the guts/moral laxity/cruelty to have a genuine affair like Molly does or go to a brothel and use prostitutes, he only goes there because he's following Stephen out of concern for him, if I'm remembering it aright.

I don't mean to put down Bloom, it's obvious he's a great guy and Joyce wanted the end to be redemptive and to imply that Bloom's kindliness and gentleness are heroic, but he's also creating a sometimes ridiculous comical contrast with the chauvinistic heroism of Ulysses and even making something both hilarious and sad out of his cuckoldry, something that doesn't fit with the neatness of heroism.

Although your post is still good for at least having an interpretation of Ulysses and even referencing some interesting critical view of Sirens I've never heard of or considered, how many people on Veeky Forums can do that nowadays or since its beginning?

/thread

It's good but painfully as described. Bellow's great at writing a downer.

He always blamed others for his failures. He definitely was a decadent

>Actually having an affair with sex outside of marriage is a bit more serious than Bloom writing letters to women, looking at women and masturbating to one who bends over in front of him, Bloom doesn't even have the guts/moral laxity/cruelty to have a genuine affair like Molly does or go to a brothel and use prostitutes, he only goes there because he's following Stephen out of concern for him, if I'm remembering it aright.

In Circe his past philandering is brought to light during his mock-trial. Even then though you are right. I think they are all sort of onanistic in the sense that they are unrequited and engaged in though anonymous dirty letter writing to various women, and there is a maid he once tried to force himself upon who rebuffed him.

>he's also creating a sometimes ridiculous comical contrast with the chauvinistic heroism of Ulysses and even making something both hilarious and sad out of his cuckoldry, something that doesn't fit with the neatness of heroism

He does that with every aspect of Odysseus myth though. I think the wider implication of the parody and inversion are that he is exalting Bloom by turning the trivial aspects of one random day in his life into a parallel of the myth which heads the western cannon. He is bringing the myth into the realm of human life and proposing that this is the form heroic struggle takes in the day to day life of any random person. Bloom doesn't come in and conquer with a giant bow; he conquers with the kind of bland restraint displayed in Sirens and the neurotic, shameful self-inventory displayed in Circe, in which he finds outlet for all his paranoid frustration but also an avenue to mentally redeem himself -- which is equally ludicrous, and I haven't read it in a while, but I believe results in him being proven such a well-intended person that he is crowned king of Ireland and proceeds to build a new Eden according to his whims as the populace fawns about him, women all over professing their love for him, killing themselves for want of him.

And it is the same with the whole Stephen/Telemachus/Rudy scenario. He saves Stephen literally in the whorehouse, which is about the best that can be done. He can't replace his dead son with Stephen, or save Stephen from his uncertain future. But he does save Stephen, literally, a small and petty heroic feat, but the sort that actual life is made up of. I mean I think you're right there is obviously a ton of ironic contrast at play, that deprives the story of a mythic commodious resolution, but I think it operates at the expense of the Odyssey not at the expense of the characters in Ulysses. And I think if the 'big question' of the book is whether or not Bloom is ultimately a hero I would side with the 'he is' faction.

Your diary

>First, why the namefagging.

why not

srs?

Got to agree

Main protaganist is the buggest cuck

Othello is Desdemona's husband you retard.

In other thoughts, was Shakespeare a cuck? He seems to enjoy talking about whitey being scared of black people a bit too much.

What a cunt

What do you mean? He gets cucked at the end and he occasionally dwells on the fact that he's about to get cucked throughout the novel. It is even revealed towards the end that she has cucked him before... Did you read the book?

is not their white savior version of a rich guy taking in a poorfag to serve his family for years?The guy is usually a butler but I have seen other versions

>He seems to enjoy talking about whitey being scared of black people a bit too much.
That is because secretly he was a black woman

What an enormous faggot.

The Catcher in the Rye

Stoner. Also pic related.

The Sun Also Rises

>was that british guy also lying about having had him in sights?
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that happened later and was about British operatives penetrating deep into enemy territory (so nothing to do with WWI or the front line)

allegedly
>Private Henry Tandey, a British soldier serving near the French village of Marcoing, reportedly encounters a wounded German soldier and declines to shoot him, sparing the life of 29-year-old Lance Corporal Adolf Hitler.

>A photograph that appeared in London newspapers of Tandey carrying a wounded soldier at Ypres in 1914 was later portrayed on canvas in a painting by the Italian artist Fortunino Matania glorifying the Allied war effort. As the story goes, when British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain traveled to Germany in 1938 to engage Hitler in a last-ditch effort to avoid another war in Europe, he was taken by the führer to his new country retreat in Bavaria. There, Hitler showed Chamberlain his copy of the Matania painting, commenting, “That’s the man who nearly shot me.”
> Hitler had a reproduction of the Matania painting as early as 1937—a strange acquisition for a man who had been furious and devastated by the German defeat at Allied hands in the Great War. Twice decorated as a soldier, Hitler was temporarily blinded by a mustard gas attack in Belgium in October 1918 and was in a military hospital in Pacewalk, Germany, when he received news of the German surrender.

OK, I can agree with this, or rather with the well-written way you've put it. Good post. I too dislike the tendency of people and critics to make fun of Bloom and disregard how much Joyce likes him.

>Othello is Desdemona's husband you retard.

I swear that she ran from her husband and father to marry Othello

Who is Marcel Proust?

He's wounded from a war, that's different.