Is there any lit which is essential to read if you're lgbt?

Is there any lit which is essential to read if you're lgbt?

Oscar Wilde, Marcel Proust and Andre Gide

The Holy Bible (RSV-CE)

This is good advice. I'd suggest some biology and psychology textbooks as well.

bump

The Picture of Dorian Gray
Carmilla
Dracula
Strangers in Paradise (comic book but definitely read if you're interested in LGBT fiction)

How to suck dick if u gay
How to lick pussy if u lez
Read both if u bi
Read how to kill u self if u trans

same as everyone else.

If you're actually asking for books with lgbt themes and characters,
>Orlando
>Mrs. Dalloway
>Confessions of a Mask
>A Single Man
>A Picture of Dorian Grey
>Middlesex
>Giovanni's Room
>That one new novel with a greyish-blue cover with a white dude making a face like he's blowing his load

>Dracula
hahahaha

well it is about a bisexual rapist

Tennessee Williams - the plays are great, but many of his short stories are much more explicitly gay-themed
Sappho's poetry - just think, there were once 9 volumes of them in the Library of Alexandria and now all we have are scraps
Gore Vidal - Myra Breckinridge
Truman Capote - Answered Prayers
Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time
Carson McCullers - Reflections in a Golden Eye

The importance of being earnest has gender role reversal. This may not seem too crazy but this is considered fairly groundbreaking for its time.

Oscar Wilde is a homo so that's gotta be the type if auther you want.

rip zyzz

:'(

>Psychology textbooks

These will paint homosexuality in a positive light but ok.

>biology textbooks

Regurgitate a better joke next time and don't trigger me again you little nigger.

Science has proven that homosexuality is ubiquitous throughout nature.

Just because you like to nibble on the same genitals has no correlation to your literary choices.

Read Foucault OP.

The Silence of the Lambs

particular works? anything about sexuality?

He was a homosexual himself and he made genealogies of history and culture to understand the discourse about sexuality and deviation today. He wrote a book called The History of Sexuality which is a common starter book for him. I would suggest to read a short introduction of him as a whole first together with The History Of Sexuality. He's very exciting and engaging.

>CE

Samefag here btw. It's much, much more interesting than Judith Butler and stupid mainstream LGBT philosophy handbooks.

well, thanks, gonna read it
anything else?

I know he's great, but unfortunately all I know are some lectures that have nothing to do with the question of sexuality.

Not really. I find Foucault to be the central point of understanding gender and sexuality himself. However the reason why i suggest a short introduction to him is because he has a very charateristic use of tools to analyze such as discourse, the use of the word subject as being a subject to something, power and so on. It's ofcourse hard theory. For fiction i'm not that well off with suggestions. GL man.

Well luckily he wrote books. Ofcourse the main topic in the book "The History of Sexuality" is sexuality.

That's obvious, I mean: certain works were a part of my study, but none of them on sexuality. I didn't even know this guy was a foremost expert on the subject

The Divine Comedy
Aquinas on sexual sins

No it hasn't. Male animals may fuck other males, but not exclusively therefore they are not homosexual

Start with the Greeks and stop being such a stupid tumblr faggot
t. Bisexual

>not exclusively therefore they are not homosexual
So, I can fuck your ass and we won't be homos if I don't exclusively fuck it? Hot sick stories, only on Veeky Forums.

Naked Lunch

>I've literally never heard of bisexuality holy fuck I'm a stupid faggot please let me suck your dick
you

male animals actually can have sex exclusively with males

Male animals also rape and murder, do away with your appeal to nature fallacy my man.

there's a japanese book on tips for suicidals (i don't recall its name), read it and KYS

Its still disgusting

Moby Dick

The Hours or pretty much anything by Micheal Cunningham.

Disgusting how men love each other and make you regret your bigoted upbringing, because you're really just disgusted with yourself because you've been conditioned to be? It's okay sweetheart, hate is learned, love is natural. There's a sweet man out there somewhere waiting for you whenever you decide to come around.

>if you disagree you must be secretly gay xddddd
>sweetheart
>bigoted
Seriously my man, people like you are why gays still get so much shit. Just fucking stop.

>s-senpai stop teasing me

keep it in your pants mr. lewd

501(c)4 Nimble America Thread

>hate is learned, love is natural
I don't mind gays ever so slightly, but really dude? lmfao

>monkeys perform sexual actions on a variety of animals
>fucking other animals is ubiquitous throughout nature
>therefore I'm justified in my sexual attraction to cats

The legal issue here is consent. Animals cannot consent or give consent, ergo the consent is called into question. Two people of age, are really, free to take a shit on each other and there's not much you can do about it, and shouldn't be much you can do about it.

If you want to say that "Y-Y-YEAH WELL GAYS CAN'T CONSENT", and I've really seen this argument made on this bloated whale's corpse of a website this has become before, somehow through convoluted ass pull. You wouldn't be able to because your argument is literally too nonsensical to ever be presented to the supreme court.

Which is why this is law. If you don't like it and it makes you uncomfortable for some reason, go to Yemen.

But it should more uncomfortable to know your parents fucked than two random people.

>male animals actually can have sex exclusively with males
....if they are unable to find a mate

Well your argument about homosexuality being ubiquitous throughout nature doesn't justify it because violence is also ubiquitous throughout nature.

Do you think the world of life is honestly this simple across the board. Most vertabrates have genes in place from times when they could shift sex from male to female or female to male in a single sex environment, as in certain amphibians. The game of sex can be played in a multitude of different ways.

And if you're trying to dismiss the argument "but that's not true no girl animals were there!" My question to you would be, ok, and? What does that prove? Two things still have sex.

You're caring more about the reasoning behind it than the fact of the matter, in the most bizarre way

Mods, please clean the shitty discussion off of this thread.

I'm not that user.

Do you guys realize how lenient as fuck the mods on this website are? If you say the sort of shit you're saying on /jp/ or /a/ you'd be banned so fucking fast, across all boards too. It's really sad how some boards just have really lenient moderation while other boards have strict moderation and a higher quality of discussion. I think a board dedicated to literature should have a high quality of discussion value, because literature is a noble and worthy topic of discussion.

This board is a bit different. You're berated if you can't debate your side effectively, not banned. People usually leave under the argument that this board is pretentious or elitist because they get BTFO. You only really get banned for spamming or posting NSFW images.

yeah, because /a/ is sooo high quality

No one is beating the fuck off anyone else with their stupid anti gay arguments.

Nah, pro-gay argumentation is the opium of the masses.

>Nah, pro-gay argumentation is the opium of the masses.

What the hell are you even going on about now

>stupid anti gay arguments

You said anti-gay arguments are stupid. I say you're drinking the Kool-Aid, my dude.

Stop assuming everyone is the same user.I'm a totally different user actually telling you to stop saying nonsensical argumentative bullshit. Take your problems elsewhere on boards devoted to them.