He sees a movie in his head when he reads

>he sees a movie in his head when he reads

I see pure abstractions when I read. Sound symbols signifying pure concept. I am too intelligent for 'imaginings.'

pure concept isn't symbols, your brain is fooling you

No one does this.

You don't have an image of what's happening when you read?

i perceive haptic moments, hands on objects, the light through windows, skin on skin
and sometimes if a location is well described i get a sense for a layout of a room or area

>read pinecone
>anime plays in my head

>read corncob mccarthy
>western plays in my head

>read DFW
>tennis game plays in my head

>read Kerouac
>shaky camrecorder footage plays in my head

You're missing out senpai. There's nothing more moving than seeing an anime girl shit into an old anime dude's mouth.

>he doesn't think in images

not only do i see a movie, i see an anime

Interesting.

I've never thought about what others 'see' when they read, I usually have some kind of an image of whats going on in my head.

>see abstractions
Wew lad pseud alert

Only sometimes, regardless of genre.

This killed me

>he hears a radio-drama when he reads braille

>subvocalizer detected

>mfw words spontaneously form a movie in my mind as I scan over the page at 2000wpm

Seconding this. I also see motion like moving water, wind through grass, etc. Sometimes I get an aural sense of what I'm reading too but it's usually more ambient. Wait a second, no, I hear character voices pretty clearly too.

the crying of lot 49 really is just a wacky proto-anime

When I read Gravity's Rainbow, I read it like it was a musical comedy with a laugh track. Dostoyevsky's books were the books that I imagined as anime in my head.

I see the realm of forms when I read

the brothers karamazov is the NGE of literature

Do you do this just because anime is aesthetically pleasing, or because consistently imaging human faces is too difficult?

I don't mean in my case to say I see an entire book as an anime, or movie or anything else. Just certain scenes jump out at me and need to be imagined that way.

because i've spent more of my life immersed in Japanese cartoons than i have around real people, experiencing real life. my imagination is anime, i dream in anime, when i die, my life will flash before my eyes as an anime.

I read the Illiad imagining it as an anime.

I think I've done something wrong.

>There's nothing more moving than seeing an anime girl shit into an old anime dude's mouth.
Where does this happen?

What is Gayniggers from Outer Space of literature?

>I see pure abstractions
>see
>pure abstractions

Ahhh, another kiddo who couldn't make it past the bananas. Well go on now, how 'bout you make like a banana and split yuk yuk.

what? I haven't readed the book but I might now

>He reads fiction

I see it as if I'm an unseen force just observing the characters.

I couldn't help at times picturing what Blood Meridian would look like on screen though. Had a great opening shot of Holden's back as he sits naked atop a massive boulder, the sun scorching in front of him creating a silhouette where his nakedness is just barely visible and the sky is a light reddish orange colour.

Same. Started imagining everything I read as an anime with Anna Karenina and haven't been able to stop.

Everyone does whether you notice it or not. OP was just being a facetious asshat

I do it.

Sometimes I even take my time to think of what a place would look like exactly, so I can imagine it more detailed when reading.

>he reads a head in the sea when he moves

This book actually makes me imagine a Tarkovsky-ish kino.