Trump election and what it means for the environment

Long story short Im an Environmental Science major and Im worried that the projected job growth for the field will plumet given Trump's perspectives and plans of action.

Should I abort for Economic Geology or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

alandethic.blogspot.com/2016/11/how-to-get-wildlife-job-in-trump-years.html
washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/12/18/a-new-poll-shows-an-astonishing-52-of-republicans-think-trump-won-the-popular-vote/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shameless self bump

help

Absolutely not. Trump will be out in 4 years after his fuckups and failures are mainstream news and a new government will be put into place. People are already freaking the hell out and he's not even in office yet. I think even conservatives are starting to wonder about a man who's putting oil shills in charge of our nation and probably don't want to actually live in a world where polluting is normal.

I will also quote my Fluvial Hydrology teacher. "I'm not handing this nation over to them"

LOL
expect 8 years of Trump followed by another 8 years of his hand picked successor

MAGA
Hail Trump o/

Thank you- the reassurance means a lot.

I went into this field because Im passionate about it AND its lucrative- and Ill be damned if Im gonna let a pampered brat fuck it for me cause he can't accept that climate change is a problem

You're scam industry is done little boy

You should go into mining or nuclear.

>Scam industry

You're mentally challenged

kek in what universe is environmental science considered lucrative

this one

Look it up

>Long story short Im an Environmental Science major and Im worried that the projected job growth for the field will plumet given Trump's perspectives and plans of action.

I hear that a lot of firefighting positions are going to be opening up soon.

implying there aren't various other things I can do.

>implying there aren't various other things I can do.

Do you know how to build seawalls?

should've gone with civil instead of a meme degree

enjoy your unemployment I guess

>Im worried that the projected job growth for the field will plumet given Trump's perspectives and plans of action.

this is Veeky Forums

your post is an economics issue

>Field with no productive applications except justifying leftist politics
>Not scam industry

Yep, definately challenged

Keep this shit off Veeky Forums

tagging on to this thread:
How easy is it to enter the EnviSci field if I got my degree 4 years ago and don't have any work experience in the field (except an internship 6 years ago)?
I made the mistake of going to law school. Went to a highly ranked law school and did well, but the legal market is still dead so I can't get a law job. Been thinking of applying to envi sci jobs since that's my undergrad, but it's been 4 years since I graduated so idk if that would hurt me

"environmental science" isn't really a cohesive field that hires ppl with degrees in those areas. to get hired in any scientific field, you need experience doing research in the field you're interested in. That said, declining funding for environmental sciences has made these dwindling research technician jobs way more competitive than they should be, and ppl with master's and sometimes even Ph.D's in STEM fields are disproportionately getting them. I say this not to deter you, but to paint a picture of the state of the field(s).

>that pic
Do liberals actually believe this?

It obviously depends on the type of science you want to do, but you it'll probably be worse than under Obama. GWB, however, unpredictably increased funding to the basic and environmental sciences during his second term.

alandethic.blogspot.com/2016/11/how-to-get-wildlife-job-in-trump-years.html

> Economic Geology
Is that an actual field? What does one even do in this?

>using the word ''industry''
>totally unemployed and unemployable

what school?

>What does one even do in this?

How do you think resources are discovered?

>conservatives
>worried about putting oil companies in charge of the EPA
???

Just think about it this way. You'll have loads of work in four years when you have to find a way to clean up all the damage.

Ah. I'd never heard the term used before.

As a Solar PV Engineer the market seems pretty strong on our side. Most don't believe the Renewable Energy industry is in danger. That being said you could always travel to somewhere like France or Germany where eco stuff and cuckery is pretty strong. #MAGA

OP, what's your desired field of work?

EnvSci opens you a broad number of doors to open: research, public service, industry, consulting... you can get specialized in water, soil, air, fauna, flora, and an array of subsets within each field. You can make a decent living modelling atmospheric dispersion of gaseous emissions from stacks, just to name something. That's not going anywhere Trump or not Trump.

Maybe you should have chosen a real scientific field, rather than the garbage you chose.

I hope your student loans aren't to big. It will be hard to pay them off on a fast food salary.

Trump administration will do much to ruin environment. If something is ruined there is need to rebuild. This means demand for experts in environmental science will go up.

outside of guaranteeing that the oil field in texas is tapped ASAP and a move toward nuclear as metro-wide energy sources, I don't know what he's going to do to hamper environmental efforts.

I reallydon't think he's going to be any worse than Obama on this, minus signing treaties that are utterly meaningless or economic suicide.

>Trump will be out in 4 years
he won't survive the debates...
he won't win the nomination...
he won't win the general...

>implying Trump won't get assassinated by some liberal retard who is misinformed by the mass media.

neolibs do
classic liberals are okay i guess, but america hijacked that word

neolibs are essentially corporate fascists, just like DNC and GOP

this desu

Maybe if your meme degree in fee fee studies actually produced anything of economic value and your industry wasn't kept on life support by biting the government's tit you wouldn't be so fucked rn

Gg asspained Bill Nye enthusiasts

>what evidence do you have of anthropogenic climate change?
>ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

>implying Trump isn't loved by the police & Secret Service & doesn't have his own personal security too

>trying to kill Trump with a gun instead of using a small drone rigged to fire a dart laced with ricin

what a fucking amateur

>implying Pence isn't Trump minus the liberalism

> after his fuckups and failures are mainstream news
People who vote for Trump don't listen to news sources that are critical of him. They won't hear about anything that goes wrong, and they certainly won't blame him for anything. He'll be elected easily, especially considering that republican state governments will be able to restrict voting to people who will support republicans.

> implying he is
you even been watching the news?

>republican governors restricting voting from opposition
By far the most retarded thing I've read on this thread.

>its lucrative
>he can't accept that climate change is a problem
Conflict of interest detected.
The environment is far more than some harmless CO2 molecules floating around. Get over that and I am sure there is much work cleaning up after 7 billion monkeys. The environmental regulations will be your friends.

>Im an Environmental Science major

just because it has science at the end doesn't mean its science

His secretary of state is STEM master race and advocates cap and trade the oilman.

lmao. whatever you say, nervous beta numale.

>lmao. whatever you say, nervous beta numale.
Back to your board

Better to switch to a linguistics major and learn Russian. You'll be in high demand in a few years.

>meme degree in scam industry based around Marxist bullshit

Should have picked a real field.

NOT BY THE HAIR OF MY CHINNY CHIN CHIN

>Veeky Forums

>Environmental Science major
So does that mean you were too stupid to do Chem?

fucking chequed

Exxon pls go

In the US, it is technically legal to bar people from voting for various reasons including political party affiliation. You just can't restrict based on race or sex. You can, however, ban anyone who is of a particular political party. It would be wildly unpopular with the people you're banning from voting, but if you're a governor you probably don't need to worry about that because your own supporters are numerous enough to elect you in the first place.

After Trump, the pendulum swings back to the Democrats, fool. The Americans are so gullible for change that they constantly switch the parties in power in hopes of making the country better again.

Source?

>hurt durr all republicans are fascists
Come on. No governor, no matter how despotic, would do something as insane as that, nor would said supporters be behind such an action. Plus, you're basing this off a technicality that arguably can be fought in court and have that decision easily thrown out. This is Alex Jones level of stupid, pls kys.

It doesn't matter what the American people vote for. Most of them didn't vote for Trump, yet he won anyway. In the US, it doesn't matter how many people vote for a candidate, it only matters where those voters are. You can win total control of the government with only a small percentage of the population supporting you as long as you have the right distribution of supporters. And guess what, the republicans have that.

The US is likely to remain under republican control for the rest of this century. Doesn't matter how far the pendulum sings back, the federal government is too insulated from popular opinion for that to matter.

> nor would said supporters be behind such an action
They wouldn't necessarily know, they could simply not listen to any news outlet that would actually report such an action.

For example, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, but a majority of republicans believe that Trump won the popular vote because they simply do not listen to any news source that might say otherwise.

washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/12/18/a-new-poll-shows-an-astonishing-52-of-republicans-think-trump-won-the-popular-vote/

That isn't real is it?

> Plus, you're basing this off a technicality that arguably can be fought in court and have that decision easily thrown out.

In January the supreme court will have a republican majority, and it can only ever become more conservative now because the republicans will refuse to confirm anyone who isn't conservative. If there's a democrat in the white house, the senate will simply refuse to hold any hearings until there is a republican again. So there can't be any more democratic SCOTUS appointments, but there can be republican appointments.

>For example, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, but a majority of republicans believe that Trump won the popular vote because they simply do not listen to any news source that might say otherwise.

That, and Republican news sources (Fox News, Breitbart, etc.) are peddling the myth of illegal immigrants voting en masse for Hillary.

It's not like it's unprecedented in US history. For example, in the pre-Civil War south you could be barred from voting for expressing abolitionist sentiments. In the past states have blocked people from voting because they didn't approve of the person's political views, and the majority of the population in those states happily went along with such restrictions.

>myth
Why don't you take a look at the recounts, then only places where they have actually had a close look at the votes? Masses of dead / repeated / nonexsitent people voting for your corrupt as fuck candidate.

>they don't agree with me? it must be because they're dumb and don't know
through the whole election cycle these "news" outlets showed how little they cared about facts. the DNC attempted to rig the election (introducing millions of unlawful votes). don't believe me? take a look at the recounts.

>the federal government is too insulated from popular opinion for that to matter
dead / fictional people and illegal immigrants don't really form part of the american popular opinion, you know

>You can win total control of the government with only a small percentage of the population supporting you
The people that support Trump don't make up a "small" percentage of the population.

Voting isn't a right, and universal suffrage is the fastest way to destroy a country ever divised

He didn't imply Trump there. He implied pure math. Run some simulation and give something like California 100% blue together with other big states but give no one here states 51% red for example. You can win the election with a pretty small minority.

Well thats a strategicly bad decision by dems to alienate 2/3rds of all the states, and to run up the vote hard in major states like Cali/New York

It's not about dem/rep but about political system. Dems are fucked mostly because their entire ideological all around the world is more popular in urban areas

If voting isn't a right you can never have truly fair elections. If voting isn't a right it allows the group in power to establish laws that prevent members of the opposition from voting thereby cementing that group's rule. At the end of the day this system is not democratic and might as well be replaced with a monarchy or dictatorship as that is basically what it is.

Voting has to be a universal right always, regardless of race, gender, class, or ideology. It will sometimes produce results you don't like but that's intentional and necessary.

Madman climate change is a hoax

depends on what is your field of study
if it's centered around theory like climatology or ecology, you might want to change that no matter what, most biologist end up signing up for the same jobs you would like to do
if it's more practical like analytics or enviromental technology (water treatment, decontamination, etc.), you have nothing to fear

of course petroleum engineering and prospecting is where the $$$ is

?
You are fucking insane
The point isn't "fair elections"
The point is the continuation of the country, of the nation, of the race, of the civilization

>regardless of race, gender, class, or ideology.
Non-whites should not be voting, period
Thats the whole point of self-determination.

>It will sometimes produce results you don't like but that's intentional and necessary.
Yea ok because if the whole world died in a nuclear war due to a democratic election, that would be both moral & ethical?

Absolute idiocy

You have elevated democracy into being a religion

Your opinion is shit and any attempt to impose it on America should be met with bloodshed.

The reason we even had a Revolutionary war was to escape from exactly what you are proposing.

Switch to Archaeology, trust me.

The founding fathers would have exactly agreed with me
They weren't a buncha cucks & liberals like exist today.

>I will also quote my Fluvial Hydrology teacher. "I'm not handing this nation over to them"
Did your teacher hold the entire nation!?

>you're upset that your circlejerking degree might be worthless

kek

Do you not want to deal with peoples differing opinions or something?
Cant take the heat?

>myth
you do understand they found more votes in Detroit than actual voters in that area right?

Source?

I made fun of my hillary supporting roommate because all the hillary supporters were extremely smug the entire time about how easily she would win.

I don't think Trump is a good candidate at all but I wanted him to win because I thought it would be funny, and by god was I right.

However, the other day when I was poking fun at him he said trump wanted to decrease government subsidies to research universities. Is there any truth to that? Haven't been keeping up with it all very much, figured this is the place to ask

It's a bit unclear. He's been highly critical of the NIH and says he wants to cut their budget, but beyond that he's been fairly opaque on the whole issue of science funding.

universities are hives of commies
Government funding of makework garbage or commie propaganda should be ended

>Government funding of makework garbage or commie propaganda should be ended
>Saddam Husein had weapons of mass distruction! We need to stop him!
>The United States has been attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin! We need to stop them!
>A foreign government just elected a leader the joint chiefs disapprove of! We need to stop him!

while I agree that some programs at universities are pretty useless and probably shouldnt get as much funding as they do, some programs (ie hard sciences) really do need dosh in order to get any results

Last time I checked, we don't live in Pre-Civil War era when not everyone had their rights. Now, committing an act that most (yes, republicans too) consider to be criminal would throw this country into chaos. Pretty sure everyone's read a fuckong history book and can see where that would lead. The power to take away the vote of the opposition may be there (and I still have no source on this so fuck you), it's unlikely that it will ever be used. What's so hard for you to understand?

>and can see where that would lead.
Yea it led to a first world civilization
Supporting race mixing is what led to south america

>implying conservatives lack any sense of morality
>again, implying all repubs are fascists
My god you have a thick skull, you're as bad as /pol/

>Implying Mike “if you like the cock you get the shock” Pence isn't insurance against this.

Trump is shrewder than he looks.

This would be struck down in Court in days.

>tfw Mike Pence never actually said anything about being pro-gay conversion therapy

all he said was he wanted to move funds to organizations that help people change their sexual behavior in order to contain the spread of AIDS. That could be as harmless as sex addiction orgs or organizations that discourage promiscuity. And we all know promiscuity is the biggest cause of AIDS spreading.

>race mixing led to South America's current State
I was referring to Hitler, since the left loves using him as a comparison to other people

Go back to /pol/ please. This shit is so fucking dumb.