What are some pleb/pseud filter books?

What are some pleb/pseud filter books?

Is pic related (without any kind of annotation) a pleb filter?

Only in the Greek or Rodney Merrill's translation

Fagles and such do not filter plebs

Most of the higher-tier stuff on the Veeky Forums Top 100 is too much for plebs or pseuds to handle. Recently someone posted something like an "exit level" chart that looked pretty hefty. I should have saved it. Some of the books on there were books that I myself haven't been able to finish. Guess I'm a pseud then.

Odyssey filters better

>tfw bought a random translation of the Iliad from amazon because I was born with a few too many chromosomes
>its the fagles version
>tfw just read snippets of other translations that are more true to the poetic ancient Greek and it was amazing
>fagles is apparently nothing like this

F U C K
U
C
K

I'm not going to enjoy this am I

The Fagles Edition is p great, man. Unless you need archaic language or something, it shouldn't be an issue.

Orlando Furioso
The Peloponnesian Wars
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
A Hero Of Our Time
Don Quixote

>A Hero Of Our Time

Still funny

untranslated borges, second part of faust, second and third part of the divine comedy

>Peloponnesian wars
>wars
>s

nice job ironically outing yourself as a pseud

PS Even disregarding that, Thucydides is entry level ancient world. He's great, but merely reading him doesn't mean you're worth your salt.

Fagles is good, cunts.

Get rekt

It was the third translation I've read so far.
Its fucking pig disgusting.

FUCK

WHICH TRANSLATION DO I READ

Call be a pleb faggot piece of shit, but the barnes and noble enis rees translation has been my favorite.

Rodney Merrill is the only one in dactylic hexameter that's enjoyable to read. It's also extremely literal, not only is it literal, but it is also consistent--by that I mean, he translates the word almost always in the same way way regardless of context, instead of changing translation as a crutch.

that wassn't what wass assked
mfw when you hoped I'd be concerned about your validation

How's the George Chapman translation lads?

Joyce Carol Oates

The true dominatrix of literature.

Just thank your stars it wasn't Fitzgerald.

Lattimore is objectively the best btw.
Lattimore. Or Merrill, apparently, though I've never heard of him. The important thing is to get a literal translation which uses Homer's imagery, rather than their own, inferior spin on it.

Then read Pope, for the exact opposite reasons.

Lattimore is definitely the second best. Merrill is only better because he's just a much better poet, but both are extremely faithful.

Exclusively read by pseuds and special snowflakes.

You're repeating yourself.

Special snowflakes read Chapman because they have to use the "different" version, which nobody now reads.

Pseuds read Chapman because they want to look like they use the different version, and also because they've genuinely fallen for the "masculine" meme.

You're pretending not to be a pseud.

What a pseud.

Someone who pretends to be boring.

>pleb
>pseud

You people disgust me. Cunts

I said what a pseud, not what's a pseud.
What a pleud.

Just wondering because I bought a version translated by him a few weeks back for like 50c at a garage sale. What exactly is problematic about the translation itself, aside from your perception of it being associated with 'pseuds'

Related question but how does everyone like the new Anthony Verity translation for OWC?

Nothing, if that's why you got it. But it itself isn't anything better than the standard fare today, so deliberately seeking it out is a surefire signal of pseuditry.

You're not a pseud. You're a normie.

>normie
What a normalfag.

It's you.

I said what a normalfag, not what's a normalfag.

Pleud.

fucking bluepilled cuck

lol you're not doing any fucking, blueballed cuck

What a pleud?

No, that's

Shakespeare
Aristotle
Greek Tragedy
Cervantes

Concerning the issue here of translation, if you are reading Homer in English, there is not a single reason, apart from class prescription, to read any version other than Merrill's, which is both the most accurate and most enjoyable by far, by comparison, none of the others are even worth consulting.

Is this that drunk guy from Ireland again?

What a drunk guy from Ireland.
He's hard to find, pirated and legitimately.

He's someone who has the same rhythm, just varies the words.

That doesn't sound like a good way to translate Homer.

good and "pseud" are not compatible.

Nobody says pseud any more, old man. Street lingo's all about the pleud.

Until you pass out.

BASED

I never pass out.

If anything, I pass in.

Addict.

You, sir, are an enemy of reason. I do not deign to speak with you. You are deignless.

Paranoid.

Deignless!

There's not enough caps and exclamation marks in the world for you.

I like to wear things on my head. Is that really such an evil?

I've taken to using a Game of Thrones dust jacket over all my books when reading outside to keep people like you away from talking to me.

omg so randum

This shit is why you don't get any caps.

Put a cap on your bottle.

That would be obscene.

Addict.

What an addict.

obscene

Can always tell a pleb by how they react to pic related, I worked out today.

the smartphone thing?

Fuck you.

thank you.

Until you pass out.

;)

You wish.

Put a cap on your bottle.

I have no idea what you mean

normie

Now he's talking like me.

He's someone who has the same words, just varies the rhythm.

>How to spot the pleb.

A rhythm of zero is no rhythm at all.

How is the one to the left better in anyway?

I bet you read Fagles.

Pleud.

I like both.

>get rekt xD

>posts both equally beautiful passages

Yeah, I think most ancient Greeks would agree with you.

Because most ancient Greeks were plebs.

I'm struggling through it in Greek. What the hell is the point of a dual number? Who in his right mind would ever have the need to say "Let those two be in a state of having loosened for themselves", and what species of madman would come up with a way to say that with one word (λελύσθων)?

It's cool though, very beautiful, very forceful, swift and concrete, it makes me really hear the beating of waves on the shore, and the smell of pine trees (I don't even know if there were pine trees in the Troad but that's the association for me), and all that sort of thing.

αὐτὰρ ἔπειτ' αὐτοῖσι βέλος ἐχεπευkὲς ἐφιεὶς
βάλλ': αἰεὶ δὲ πυραὶ νεkύων kαίοντο θαμειαί.

That's really cool, the verse beginning with βάλλ', like you can hear the twang of the bow of Apollo.

άλλ

Would also like to know. Anyone?

lmao

Merrill seems overly wordy and has a dull rhythm. It reads like a prose translation. Epics are meant to be memorised and sang, Fagles reflects this. Try reading any passage from both versions out loud, and you'll see.

That's why you also read Pope.

Merrill's translation is nothing like prose. If you have trouble picking up the rhythm (which can definitely be sung, Merrill translated it with the intention it be read aloud and even "sung), take a brief pause after each line, and read each either at a brisk pace, or slowly enough to sing

>tfw I can read untranslated Borges since I'm Argentinian
>tfw I haven't beacuse I'm a lazy cunt

If you can read English there is no filter.

Books don't become popular by being cryptic and unrelatable.

Pretentious idiots.