What is the point of investing in any coin besides bitcoin? when bitcoin is up, alt coins go up. when it’s down...

what is the point of investing in any coin besides bitcoin? when bitcoin is up, alt coins go up. when it’s down, they go down. why not just invest your money into bitcoin when it’s low, sell when it’s high, rinse and repeat?

discuss

Attached: EE45DFC5-4D2F-49C3-A349-8933A57C2730.jpg (207x268, 13K)

No need to discuss. That's correct, but once alts break free of Bitcoin, you'd be left behind. Plus you can get into many alts at a great price right now.

>once alts break free of Bitcoin
Even though I'm pretty skeptical of arrogant bitcoin maximalists, what you're talking about is simply not gonna happen

Buy verge at 1 sat
Goes to 2 sats
You doubled your money
Buy bitcoin
You have to hope for btc to hit 18k to double your money
That's why I reccommend BABB

If* Do you agree now?

I started with 2 Bitcoin and now I have 20 (equivalent, since I don’t actually have any BTC) and I did it buying and holding altcoins.

wouldn’t alt coins be better off if they weren’t totally reliant on bitcoin though? is the better question how do we kill bitcoin without killing our precious alts?

Attached: 41967E30-3B6C-4E23-B141-770B219F054C.jpg (504x756, 165K)

Just need more trading pairs

It will happen in the next year or so. Mark my words.

I thought it was common knowledge that more trading pairs are coming this year

Buy altcoins on bullruns as they provide better return.
Fall back to btc while bear fags are out

The idea is that they can go up more than bitcoin.

wouldn’t we need normie awareness of a coin in order for that to happen?

Personally I'm accumulating ethereum, I don't believe any of that flippining BS but I think it'll gain on bitcoin.

Thats not what happens really. The entire market trends with bitcoin. There is some small fluctuation, but overall you need money coming into bitcoin to boost everything. Thats not happening right now so everyone is fucked.

Invest in the alts you personally think will give you a nice return
Most alts are complete shit and nobody will really use them for anything

Kys newfaggot

alts are the poor man's leverage

link

if you aren't selling alt coins and accumulating bitcoin right now you are legit retarded and don't see how the market works.

Obviously big money is manipulating bitcoin and are accumulating it right now. What other crypto did they make a futures market around?

Come on you fucking retards its so fucking easy to see the FUD being spread on bitcoin and how the only shit coin that is being pumped is link. Everyone is accumulating bitcoin right now retards

So should we get linkz then :3?

More trading pairs is what kills alts when BTC goes up, because of arbitrage.

If an altcoin has multiple pairings
e.g. ALT/BTC, ALT/USDT, ALT/ETH
it becomes susceptible to arbitrage.

Say the current price is:
BTC - $10000
ALT/BTC - 0.01 ($100)
ALT/USD - $100

Then BTC rises to $12000 in a single candle. Before any arbitrage happens, the current prices are suddenly:
BTC - $12000
ALT/BTC - 0.01 ($120)
ALT/USD - $100

Arb bots will immediately see this discrepancy, and buy the cheaper asks on the ALT/USD market, to dump it on the (now more expensive) bids on the ALT/BTC market.

This is why alts with multiple pairings tend to suffer in their BTC-paired market when BTC goes up significantly. But alts that have no other pairings are usually unaffected.

Alt-heavy hodlers asking for more pairings have no idea what they are asking for.

i could tell you what crypto will go up regardless of bittcoin, but really you need to give something better than jason alexander pics

Truth be told, even alts with BTC-only pairings still suffer when BTC rapidly goes up (or down)