I need a definitive answer. I will drink a crapload of one of these. Which one will kill me slower...

I need a definitive answer. I will drink a crapload of one of these. Which one will kill me slower? I keep hearing that aspartame will literally rot your liver and rape your mother but I'm really not seeing some public outcry

Other urls found in this thread:

news.temple.edu/news/2014-05-28/diet-beverages-might-play-positive-role-weight-loss-study-finds
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/09/17/349270927/diet-soda-may-alter-our-gut-microbes-and-the-risk-of-diabetes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zero is objectively less bad for you

Do you know how much fucking sugar is in regular coke?

yeah no I get that part

but my friends seriously make this face when I mention Coke Zero like "dude what the FUCk"

family members encourage me to drink sugary soda instead (if I insist on soda) because the rationale is "at least it's sugar and not some crazy artificial chemical"

Your friends and family may all have a mild intellectual disability

they just overdose on facebook science

I like Stevia.
Why doesn't Coca Cola or Pepsi release a 100% Stevia sweetened drink?

You'll find the same phenomenon when you decide to become a vegetarian. People feel threatened when others start making better decisions that they are not willing to make. So they lash out and reason with you to stop making that decision.

Coke Zero is a better choice in every sense.

Regular taste best, (((Zero))) is just a ploy to make "healthy" people drink soda as well.

Regular coke is Beet Sugar - that shit will rot you from the inside out.

Coke Zero is Aspartame. that shit will rot you from the inside out.

Mexican Coke (10 oz glass bottles) is cane sugar. much sweeter, so it needs less than sugar than regular american coke. Your body is better equipped to process raw cane than refined beet. Also mexican coke tastes MUCH better than regular american coke. So, the winner is obviously mexican glass-bottled coke.

because you'd need a fuck-ton of stevia to achieve the sweetness level it needs to become coke. I'm sure they've been playing with it in the lab and they just can't get there.

>beet sugar

No it's high fructose corn syrup which destroys your liver.

Notice how nobody bitches about people replacing soda with water? That's because it's a sensible decision. People feel threatened by other people making irrational choices, not better ones.

Take vegetarians for example. There is no rational reason not to eat chicken, and so there is no rational reason to be a vegetarian.

While both are really bad for you, a crapload of sugar will lead to diabetes, which is likely to kill you faster. Current research suggests Coke Zero will make you gain about the same amount of weight, by stimulating your appetite, but you might avoid diabetes depending on what you consume to gain that extra weight. As far as aspartame "rotting your liver", that sounds like quackery, not science.

Studies have shown people gain weight when they switch to diet soda.
At first they thought it was because people just ate more food thinking that they would make up for it with fewer calories in the soda.
Now they have found that it fucks up your gut bacteria creating a situation where you are able to absorb more calories from your food than you otherwise would.
Google that shit, it's fucked up.

there are a raft of reliable studies that show artificial sweeteners do not harm your body or your metabolism in any way, but actual sugar in fact, does.

Tell your family they are the idiots for drinking sugar drinks, and challenge them to a 5 mile run.

drinking liquid sugar is the actual problem here you fat fucking sack of shit. stop spreading your pseudoscience and failure germs to innocent people

>mexican coke does taste the best
but it has exactly as much sugar by gram as HCFS coke you drooling moron

Average lifespan for a person with mild obesity is reduced 3 years and for a person with really fucking bad obesity 10
So drink a lot of regular soda and your life would be around the average minus 6 years

no they haven't. this is a myth and a lie. people LOSE weight when they switch to diet soda

because they are consuming less calories.

Scentists HATE him!!!
>Learn this simple trick and make energy from nothing also known as perpeto mibile

Don't fucking make drop sources on your fat little ass there tubby.

Don't call me fat cocksucker.

news.temple.edu/news/2014-05-28/diet-beverages-might-play-positive-role-weight-loss-study-finds
now go get your fuckin shinebox

in the late 80s canadian scientists force fed canadian lab rats a bunch of diet soda and then they got sick
that's the only reason people say diet soda is "bad" for you

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/09/17/349270927/diet-soda-may-alter-our-gut-microbes-and-the-risk-of-diabetes

BAM!
You asked for it, now deal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NPR
Try again

>there is no rational reason not to eat chicken
Beyond the ethical and environmental benefits? I eat meat but just so you know, broad declarations are unbecoming.

>you are able to absorb more calories from your food than you otherwise would
So it makes your GIT more efficient? Only in a world where people have more food than they need could that possibly be a bad thing.

They're not going to just stop farming chicken, people eat it the world over. It's available and it's cheap, and you like the taste, why not?

Just send industrial quantity of aspartam to Afrika. I think.we just solved world hunger. Nobel prize fucking where???

Yeah, man, it's not like, how much you, like, eat, dude. Satiety is like, a state of mind. You just have to will yourself to digest more of the like, nutritional elements and stuff. Peace.

still drinking calories, even if it's less of them.

I like Zero's taste so I just never bother with anything else.

>Coke Zero is a better choice in every sense.

Not when the sweetener it uses causes seizures, and you live with one of the people it happens to.

Found the trump voter
sorry for showing you some mean facts

that's why it has a warning label on it, snowflake

In the short term the regular is worse because the calories and sugar will make you become a morbidly obese fat fuck with fucked up cortisol/ blood sugar levels and you will get diabetes. Long term zero will give you cancer and myriad of other problems from the aspartame and other garbage they put in it. Both will corrode your teeth and generally reduce your health. The solution; drink one every now and then instead of chugging it like some disgusting pleasure seeking animal

>Coke Zero is Aspartame. that shit will rot you from the inside out.

>Long term zero will give you cancer and myriad of other problems from the aspartame and other garbage they put in it

>citation needed

really, in this age of fucking information I still can't understand how much "momscience" and "fake news" is going around. Chemophobia is really fucking up society

>thinks NPR is equivalent to alvin jones and breitbart

lel

>I'm really not seeing some public outcry

dead people can't protest

>it is better in every sense!

>but not this one

>lol wow your tard is has label??

Keep those goalposts a movin, pedro.

>Tillisch's take on the new research: It's hypothesis-generating.
>aside from mice testing the human tests consisted of only 7 people
>elevated blood sugar levels in 4 of them
I don't think they eliminated "they ate more sugar because of the psychological effect of the aspartame" as a cause, either. The reason they rejected an NPR link isn't necessarily out of a misplaced distrust in big media, but a knowledge that the studies that these articles bring attention to may be misrepresented by the journalist, either for clickbait or simple lack of expertise. You'd be better off linking to the actual study, if you could find it.

NPR does not do clickbait.
This story aired on the radio and this is probably the best news source in the united states.
None of these studies are iron clad but this one is at least as good as all the rest.

but sucralose is proven to fuck up your gut bacteria

how about just not drinking sodie pop OP? you're not a little kid anymore

You are preaching to the choir on NPR's virtues. I love them as a news source.

That said, when I say clickbait, I mean that they'll write an article along the lines of "a new study suggests ____ can give you ____" and they're not misinforming you or anything, it's very possible it could and scientists did observe evidence that suggests it, but it's not anything conclusive and in this particular case the study was very limited. It's too early to call this actual "news", but they need consistent content to keep people engaged, so they're blowing the horn a little early.

Maybe it'll turn into something later and they can point to their early reporting efforts, or someone will do a further study because the subject was brought to their attention by the article, but for now it's a useless source.

Kids objectively should be the ones not having sugar bombs filled with a stimulant. Adults can do whatever the fuck they want. its cool you dont like soda or w/e but that doesnt make your dick bigger bud

I know the syndrome you are talking about. I believe npr does it less than any other news source and I am not a guy who is going to read random studies so I tend to take npr at face value.
Best use of my limited time.

The diet drink has way fewer calories. The lack of sugar will keep your liver happy as it doesn't need to convert extra energy into fat.

The lower calorie count will help with meeting dietary limits.

The claims that diet drinks make you gain weight are all based on eating more of other things not the diet drink.

Simply put it's better for you. Although it tastes like shit.

Nothing wrong with using it as a personal news source, it just doesn't really prove anything in an argument like this. They probably limit it but, really, it's hard to defend a study of 7 participants.

Only a small part of the study was limited.
And for an informal setting like like Veeky Forums, I believe npr is about the best thing to source.
Not many here have the education to glean any useful info from a raw study.

the other link had 300 participants so I'm going with that study.

>OH SO YOU THINK THAT PEANUTS ARE A PERFECTLY HEALTHY FOOD TO EAT DO YOU?!
>WELL BUD I HAVE A BROTHER WHO DOES IF HE EVEN SMELLS PEANUTS
>CHECK FUCKIN MATE

The exceptions do not override the rule, my stupid, stupid friend.

why not just drink an adult beverage?
like water or beer

I guess 'cos it tastes like dick.
otherwise they would, retard

That was only a small part with seven participants.
You need to read the whole thing.
The story referenced several studies.

The part of the study that consisted of actual controlled tests was small. There was an earlier generalized nutritional study with more participants. The data on diet soda drinking and blood sugar levels from that study was the reason they looked into it further, but it wasn't controlled for this issue specifically, so it doesn't mean much.

Linking to NPR articles isn't an issue, but it's not helpful when the conclusion of the article itself is "this adds something to the debate, probably, but is inconclusive on its own and needs further research"

diet pepsi aspartame free

splenda is safer than aspartame in my opinion

drink zevia coke though if you really want to keep your health

it uses stevia

the regular soda with 40g sugar is the worst of all of them for the body

>but it's not helpful when the conclusion of the article itself is "this adds something to the debate, probably, but is inconclusive on its own and needs further research"
That is exactly how any reputable science story will read.
The ones that tell you that they have solid proof are the ones that are most likely be.
"Tends to" and other non commital phrases are the real language of science.
This is exactly what you should be looking for in any article on diet science.

this shit is completely safe if you got money

it is expensive

although its only 1$ per can its not really that bad but it wont kill you and its soda-y enough

regular soda will kill you faster
much faster

>this is better, no exceptions!

>actually there are pretty big exceptions

>LALALALALALA THEY DONT COUNT LALALALALA

I guess I was thinking within the context of this article specifically, where "it's inconclusive" was the result of weak studies rather than a single solid study that needs further research to show consistency, but you're absolutely right.

Kek, I just had some chicken stirfry but there is a plethora of ethical, rational and environmental reasons to be a vegetarian you dumb fuck. I can understand being unable to relate to vegans and str8 edge faggots because life requires some enjoyment, but hating people who dont eat meat is just retarded.

Link those peer2peer studies you alternative facts nigger.

And I think I am so used to very tenuous information on this subject that this feels like the best stuff I've found.
It was enough to make me quit drinking zero when I found this last year.
Could easily be corrected next year but for now I find it compelling.

Same fucking idiots that are antivaxxers. The uneducated hate for academics and experts is the biggest problem in the West, or at least rapidly becoming it.

>I keep hearing that aspartame will literally rot your liver
you keep hearing bullshit from people that think MSG causes headaches, organic foods are more nutritious, and GMOs cause cancer

Litralley this anyone that claims aspartme does litralley anything roo the is a memespouting dumb retard faggot. Aspartme is litralley harmless its like if some fagboy claimed water was bad for you.

amen brother

Some people are afraid of the shit they put in animals to keep them healthy and make them grow faster because it could have some adverse effect on them.

>tfw you eat much less meat than you used to because you started worrying about this shit

>There are actually people living on this earth RIGHT NOW who defend aspartame.

FUN FACT

>Diet Coke is the same recipe as the failed "New Coke" from the 80s
>Coke Zero is the original formula
>both use aspartame

This article is just about the risk of diabetes.
Not gaining weight.

> people gain weight when they switch to diet soda

Zero sources.

>Zero sources.

I think you mean Coke Zero sources

>somebody says coke zero causes your weight to increase
>backs it up with a source that's talking about diabetes type 2 (not weight gain)
Fucking moron.

I'm not even the guy you replied to. I was just making a dumb joke.

Why is it so hard to just drink water? Seriously, I can't wrap my head around this

Dumb you are.

Okay Yoda

ameritard's dont have water their get corn sirop out their tap's and their believe it is normal

Which irrelevant shit hole peasant country do you hail from?

Dosant matter becos litrally anywear is better then gaymerica

I see you're avoiding the question. If I was an impoverished serf like you I'd do the same.

light > life > regular (sugar) > zero > regular (corn syrup)

>Would rather spend much more money on soda
>Has to make threads on the 4chin to know which soda will kill him the slowest
Wow, so much for being """""""""civilized""""""""
As a side note, I'm from Argentina, so whatever dude, enjoy your diabetes

>being so poor that you think you have to choose between soft drinks and water
>probably doesn't make this same distinction with other. less healthy than water beverages

I suppose you drink nothing but water and eat nothing but salad greens and lean fish?

stevia is suuuuuper expensive compared to sugar and sucralose/aspartame/etc

I'm actually on your side but he's arguing that it effects your bodies ability to absorb and use calories.... not that it changes the actual amount of calories.

>Implying I'm poor
>Implying I don't drink soda just because it's fucking gross
Dude, seriously, the only way i can drink coke is with Fernet, that thing is fucking nasty

>I willingly put HFCS in my body and I've conditioned myself to enjoy it, therefore I've Made Itâ„¢
God this place is depressing sometimes

>implying i drink soda
>implying i made this thread
>implying I didn't just want to know where the big bad murrica basher lived
>mfw he's a nigger from Argentina
How do you even have the nerve to be condescending to anyone you fucking dirt farmer?

>Resorts to the "You're poor haha you're argument is invalid" pol tactic
Why do I even keep giving away free (You), I'll never know. Seriously dude, maybe so much sugar is fucking with your brain or something, drink some water haha :^)

>eat around 800 calories a day
>decide to buy a pepsi with my lunch (rice bowl)
>felt like someone melted a hole in my stomach
soda, not even once

Well, have a nice day, shitskin.

I've got news for you, numbnuts, the higher up you are on the socio-economic scale, the less HFCS you consume, which is why we're generally in better shape than the lower levels.

Enjoy your syrup and beetus you poor fatfuck.

t. American who hasn't had a soda in 5 years.

You really need to go back to your containment board, where people actually care where you are from

Jesus Christ, this thread is intense like 90% of the posts are just one guy insulting another guy. /popcorn

You need to go back to your favorite website.

>Le riddit boogeyman XDDDDD
Seriously, you run out of stuff to say and you just resort to memeing, you really need to kill yourself m'dude
Also
>imgur url
That really boggles the joggles, doesn't it?

I hate how it is clear though. Something about a clear mixer that makes drinking feel more degenerate.

>knowing imgur filenames