Who else Misguided Medieval Monk tier? Let us have a little chat. I just reread Boethius' Consolation: beautiful...

Who else Misguided Medieval Monk tier? Let us have a little chat. I just reread Boethius' Consolation: beautiful, comfy and I very much like its dialogue form.

>taoism
>level 6
>mfw

level 6 is bullshit, you just loop back to level -1 and start again

level 6 is buddhist shill lmao

what's with all the boethiusposting lately?
new meme?

>eastern “philosophies” over Christian/Jewish mysticism/ascetism
THE TRASH

Brainwashed peasant here.

1 Corinthians 2:11

level 5 is neither nihilism nor enlightened, and it's certainly not above the average freshman philosophy student. in fact it's probably common among them. level 6 is just back to religious memery. level 7(?) is meandering bullshit and the person who made this image knows it

Level infinity is Hegel and absolute spirit you fucking faggot.

bump

These charts are like Veeky Forums's equivalent of tween girl magazines surveys. "10 questions to find out if your secret crush REALLY fancies you."

I feel bad for most people that follow them too.
"If I follow these rules on this chart, i'll get accepted by my cool friends"

>Wanting to be cool
>Visiting Veeky Forums

Absolutely delusional

>For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?

Not even the spirit of the man really knows. Subconcious/repressed aspects of the psyche exist.

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 are not entirely mutually exclusive

Siddartha was Level 5-6

>upset

yeah...but can u link more charts pls

MMM reporting in.

I must admit, I have never read Boethius.

Out of interest do you own it in hardcopy or did you read on an ereader?

how is level 6 any different from level -1
how isnt level 7 just the feeling you get when you drop acid
answer me you fucking goblin

levels of enlightenment are a linguistic fallacy. It;s just conflict between the letters "enlig" and "htment", which are meaningless.

At this point what differance does it make?

>"enlig" and "htment"
defo not en-light-en-ment

The difference is the ability to control the feeling when you drop acid, even when you are sober.

I own a hard copy. Very plain. I wish my Latin were better; I'd have bought myself one of those fancy, old editions. If only for its aroma.

The person who made OP's chart seems like a day 1 philosophy student who hasn't actually examined any of the presuppositions of their belief system.

We're bounded by the universe we live in, nothing more nothing less.

>that present at hand lack of heidegger tier

How can I archive that

>Misguided

>I have attained ultimate detachment
Then eat shit and die, since neither of two things can affect you.

I know this is bait, but I disapprove of the premise of the chart. There are very good arguments both for and against deism. Additionally, I'd argue that existentialism (at least in the classical sense) is pretty entry-level for a framework.

Was that chart was made by a 19 year old who just discovered eastern religion lmao

There should be a level 8 where you have direct experience with the divine/supernatural and realize the peasants were right all along.

That would be, like, Saint Tier.

What is it about Buddhism that attracts pseuds?

Yeah, except for the fact that its very hard to prove that these people aren't just severely mentally ill.

Sometimes they do shit, you know, miracles and such.

my thoughts too. There should be a level 7 that basically covers the idea that our lives should be dedicated to the prevention of our own deaths rather than the maximization of carnal pleasure.

>existentialism
>the edge of mortal knowledge
please tell me whoever made this is still in high school

that's basically level 2 according to the chart lol.

idk i feel like new atheism leans more on the embracing pleasure (lmao look how much serotonin i have 5ht lol) and I'm kind of thinking of a more stoic, the denial of personal death IS the purpose of life, that's literally why our experience of life exists.

>tiering faith

interesting, but i think hedonism has always been around in one way or another. the denial of death being our purpose in life is kind of an existential reaction, no? anyways the chart was cute but it's all fucked. people's conceptions of life will always change throughout a lifetime.

It's almost true, but.. almost.

top lel

the most attractive idea and at the same the most unattainable

>That would be, like, Saint Tier.
there's no need for another tier, there's already the tier 'infinite'

I worship art. What tier is that?

level infinity should be pagan neoplatonism

it's somewhere between levels 0 and 2

level 5-6

>loop back and start again
Buddhism confirmed them.

psychosis=supreme enlightenment

personally I haven't reached such heights, so I can only observe the inescapable absurdity of life with mild amusement

Transhumanist scum pls leave.

what's the difference between enlightenment and supreme enlightenment?

enlightenment is seeing the truth, supreme enlightenment is attaining it

how can you attain truth? is it a thing?

>how can you attain truth?
it's the difference between observing and being
> is it a thing?
depends on your definition of "thing". lets just say the world is all that is the case

Sorry but that chart is simply incoherent, it's a bunch of philosophical doctrines from unrelated fields thrown together at random (at least from a philosophical perspective). The "essential belief" of level 6 is a non sequitur, is that supposed to describe your "enlightened apathy" or something?

I mean my God if you want to be a fideist so bad just be one but don't try to suggest intellectual superiority by implying you could deliver any OC here based on reason.

I seriously hope you guys don't fall for this, seriously.

>level 7
>I have achieved complete ego-loss
>I
>delusional dream which we call 'existence'
>complete ego-loss
>come with me before its too late
>ultimate detachment
>I have achieved complete ego-loss
Mhh what u mean baby gurl mhh whatever bitch shut up and succ

>all knowledge is inherently founded on faith
???

I actually have entirely understood the Buddhist doctrine of egolessness in myself but still can't handle Gurdjieff's belief that a unified "I" must somehow be formed.

We all have inherent faith that the input of our senses are reliable and useful, and it is impossible to collect knowledge outside of that except for awareness of one own thought processes, and the logical conclusion of our mind's existence from that observation, I.E. Cogito Ergo Sum.

The protag from Stranger in a Strange Land was "Pure Nirvana and Divine Ascension" tier

kekd