Everything is a mathematical equation and since everything is governed my math, and by the principle of probability...

Everything is a mathematical equation and since everything is governed my math, and by the principle of probability, there can only be one possible outcome if something happens, human beings have no free will. Thank you, I will accept my fucking nobel prize now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ue7Hjokgok&index=14&list=PLKPqcmrIyVNAONO2YTFQYY34ARfhR_P1Z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Faggot

Thank you. I take that as a complement.

waht would you do with "free will"?

What's your fascination with traps?

I don't understand your question.

They're sexy and they make my penis hard.

That's not even a trap.

Fuck you, 3D traps are disgusting

2D all the way, beautiful little dicks, pink penis and light beautiful skin like a girl and have a beautiful midriff to lick all day and love until you die

Pic related, i would fuck him so hard, he will stop hating dressing like a trap

So you're basically saying you like girls, which is straight. Lmao breeder.

define free will,
do you mean that you're not free because you cant fly like a bird? or that you cant read peoples minds?
or do you mean that you're not free to change the world in some way so as to make it better because politics?

define freedom first then find ways to gain it, isn't that how the world works?

Prove your argument follows

btw, the flying is done now because science
and the later can, up to a point, be done through logical deductions by the sum of facial features, the context of the situation, voice tone, etc.

INCREDIBLE
THREAD
>cutest programmer
you ARE a shit breeder who's into girls ,go away

I mean it exactly how I described it in the OP. Since there was only ever one possible outcome for a sequence of events, that means that there could have been no way for you to choose the outcome of your actions.

if a glass fell and broke, do you stand and stare at how things might have been different or do you clean up and buy an exact same set if you want to replace (Theseus's ship)?

events have only one possible outcome because it has happened. if the same situation is likely because the environment is the same and you don't want that event to happen again, why not use your memory to remember not to keep the glass on the edge or hold it tighter?

anyhow, im just trying to understand what event you mean. you're generalising and i am too

You're obtusifying the argument with your questions. There's a constant series of nows, saying you think in the future would imply that you exist similtaniously in the past and present, so you can control the outcome of your actions. The particles inside of your brain exist in this constant series of nows, hence there is always something "happening", which means that there is indefinitely no control over the outcome.

you must be very bored but so am i-

so, this:
existing in past and present is a romantic and a poetic idea and might come to be true...
but since we are in this world where we eat, have to digest and shit, and not in the realm of ideas we have to move by time.

now to free will. if you can simulate every logical sequence of events faster then current reality through computer and see that danger is imminent, would you not change certain decisions in the sequence to have a different, more peaceful outcome?
if and when this is possible through uber computers, would this not be freedom?

and since humans have been doing this from cavemen times, avoiding dangers by planning ahead, does this not prove the existence of free will?

Ugh god, your post is making me cringe so fucking hard. First of all, your wording and grammar is terrible, you don't even capitalize the first letter of your sentence which is irritating. And no, it wouldn't prove free will exists. Consciousness is a massive contradiction, and because you think that moment to moment you are making decisions, you are not actually making decisions. You're you may be making calculations inside of your head, but those calculations aren't perfect and they're not independent of the constant "now".

The only way you can believe there's free will, without giving some insane scientific explanation, is by thinking there's some sort of duality between consciousness and your body, in which case you're just making naive guesses, or you're confusing a computer as having free will. That's pretty much what our brains do as far as "making decisions" go, we're no more free in that regard as a computer that makes decisions. The only difference is that we have this contradiction (which fools us into thinking we're free) where we're aware of our own decisions, which btw aren't actually ours, they're just decisions that we become aware of and never actually orchestrated our own biology to make, our minds still "calculated" these decisions like a super computer would, we're no more free.

>and because
and just because*
>you are not actually making decisions
does not mean you are actually making decisions*

>Complains about capitalization
>Capitalizes and after a period.

Nigga you dumb.

That's not even improper form. Points though because you made me look it up.

Isn't the whole point of humans to create an automated physical world and live in the world of dreams with our wifus where we may do anything we wished?
and are we not working towards this freedom?

But for now, I really need a solid definition of freedom that you mean.
There is political freedom, which i don't understand much about, and the sequences of events you're speaking about, again, very vague
and no clue what you mean.

you're in Veeky Forums please be more specific.

also
I have a free will to kill myself. just thought I'd note that down

>I have a free will to kill myself. just thought I'd note that down
That would be the final outcome of a sequence of events, yes.

Dude I seriously just can't respond to you anymore, I'm sorry. I think your argument is stupid and I don't want to have arguments with someone who's not competent to even address the points I made. I can't expect to change my perspective, I don't think it's possible to argue otherwise.

by biology, genes, do you mean that if I were to turn out a physical or mental retard, i lack a certain
sort of freedom?

so freedom for you is living life as described in some poetry and adverts?
-i was gonna add, if so, why not use your logically trained mind, to make money but then politics of business... of which i have only vague and superficial understanding, but enough to note that

understood- sorry

>everything is governed my math
No, math is invented to model the way things work.

amen

>Everything is a mathematical equation

Wrong. Math is a conceptual framework that we use to model the universe. You've got the map and territory backwards.

Are you kidding? of course he is.

Who is this semen demon?

It's a trap.

Guys he means that there is a single outcome for everything, regardless of the probabilities, that could be predicted by the way particles and energy were organized at the moment of the Big Bang.

This is called a deterministic view, it is not proved because we don't yet know if there can be a deterministic description of quantum phenomena, in fact, we have reason to assume that true randomness exists at quantum levels, which in turn means that we cannot predict how everything will be at a certain moment in the future even if we knew the state of everything at a certain moment of the past, because it would only take one quantum reaction with a 50% probability of happening to create two different outcomes that were just as likely to happen as eachother

Back to OP, applying this hypothesis to the human mind gives us what some people consider a "troubling" result: that all of our decisions are in fact the result of how matter and energy were organized in the beginning of the universe, which would lead us to the idea of "Free Will" not existing due to the fact that it was determined that you'd make the decisions you made.

I'd like to ask tho, even if the nature of quantum mechanics was indeed deterministic and everything was going to happen all along, does it really make your decisions any less "yours"? I beelieve that it wouldn't, in the end our decisions are the results of our experience (and of things derived from experience, in the end, just experience) but that does not mean they are not ours.

Simply put "Does it really matter if you were going to do that all along? No, what matters is that you did it."

Anyway this does not belong in Veeky Forums, this board is for science and this thread is about the philosophical implications of a yet unproved hypothesis.
In Veeky Forums's terms: OP is a faggot talking out of his ass

Your bright theory was published over 200 years ago, and since then proved wrong.

Quantum mechanics prove there there are things in universe that are purely random. And therefore even if you knew position of the every particle and it's energy at single moment, you couldn't recover history or predict future from that.

See - Laplace's demon

>Everything is a mathematical equation

indeed

youtube.com/watch?v=_ue7Hjokgok&index=14&list=PLKPqcmrIyVNAONO2YTFQYY34ARfhR_P1Z

I don't see how pure randomness can equate to free will.

Just because not everything is deterministic doesn't mean that humans can control themselves. It just means that you might do some shit for absolutely no reason whatsoever because of a quantum glitch

>there can only be one possible outcome
that's wrong

>Just because not everything is deterministic
It can be either "everything is deterministic" or "nothing is deterministic" in a grand scheme. Since we already proved that there are things not deterministic, then everything isn't, because even those 'little' things impact everything in a long run.

Nobody is denying that everything that surrounds you craft the person you are and your choices, but even if we could prove that everything is deterministic, nothing would change. Do you think we should abandon law and all the rule just because a guy killing a random passerby with an axe was influenced by his father and type of soup he ate in a 6 grade?

>complement

>Not realizing that free will is an illusion by age 10.

>Making a point then going off on a complete tangent.

I scoff at ye brainlets.