Is it possible to make above $200k a year with a PhD in Mathematics?

>Is it possible to make above $200k a year with a PhD in Mathematics?
>What STEM brach that will guarantee me to make above $200k yearly after graduation?

Other urls found in this thread:

payscale.com/college-salary-report/degrees-and-majors-lifetime-earnings
bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nat.htm#15-0000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I only got an Associate's in pure mathematics and now I make 300k.

Do you work for the gub?

Psychology or political science

Literally FPBP

But you won't make 200k, there is some page about it that said that Economists could even make 200k but i don't know where is it

There is a similar one: payscale.com/college-salary-report/degrees-and-majors-lifetime-earnings

Petrol Engy could give you that salary and i'm sure it's an underrated major like Stats, MBA Strategy, etc.

Literally nothing gives you 200k starting unless you have absurd connections/your dad runs a company.

The closest is probably a Petroleum Engineer but thats not stable.

Who are you quoting?

Oil is where the money is at.

As a synthetic chemist, I was making some model compounds for JPEC as part of my MSc work.
Easy synthesis to design and they were paying 10K€ per gram.
After a few months of figuring the synthesis kinks out, I could synthesize it on the gram-scale in a week.

Lol this is great boys

Oil is dead. You nerds don't know shit about Veeky Forumsness

OMG STFU YGAN

For the time being Machine Learning, until the field saturates

yep engineering for oil not do-able ATM.
where the money was at. Great from 2008-2014. That bubble burst.
Engineer - make 140K base, bonus, day rate, travel, per diem. Was good. Gas prices fell. That well dried up.

>What STEM branch will guarantee me to make above $200k yearly after graduation.

Literally none. You have completely out of proportion expectations to reality.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics categorizes 800 different jobs and reports the average salary as well as other stats. Of those 800, 5 jobs have an average salary of $200k plus. Those are anestheiologists (who go to med school longer than any other md), surgeons, oral surgeons, gynecologists, and orthodontists. This doesn't consider the incredibly debt of $50k a year for med school (for at least 7 years) and malpractice insurance that you will be required by law to carry.

bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nat.htm#15-0000

Yes good. Everyone keep focussing on fancy hyped learning so that I can get a more specialized and unique profile with almost no competition.

Financial math or actuary

>$50k a year for med school (for at least 7 years)
Jesus baby

Thats why I said
>but thats not stable
Faggot

Of course, it is posssible. There are mathematics PhDs who make over $200k/year. And, there are other science PhDs who make over $200k/yr. Some are in academia. They hold endowed professorships, have consulting contracts with industry, perhaps have spun-off companies, etc. There are more PhDs who make over $200k/yr in industry. This is because of the fact that there are far more positions in the entirety of industry than in academia; and because there is, well, more money to be made in the private sector than in academia. For examples of PhDs making good money in industry, there are engineering and physics and math PhDs in finance, life science and chemistry PhDs in biotech and big pharma, STEM PhDs in consulting, etc. So, no, there is no guarantee, but if I had to bet I'd say that the private sector is a better route to making big money.

>career advice for big bucks
this thread doesn't belong on the board, per the sticky

fuck, I bumped it, that was bad form, my fault