Math Thread

Math Thread.

Derive The Volume Of A Sphere With Calculus.
Winner Will Get Laid Tomorrow.

How to Win:
To get a solution is easy. Write date and time on it. Use handwriting.
If someone has a solution, he may roll for the solution to get nominated.
Dubs is nominated.
Out of all dubs, i decide who won.

Good luck to you.

>Use handwriting.

what r u lazy

int[0..R](4πr^2)dr=(4/3)πR^3 -- concentric shells

Dude you need to use 3 integrals. all steps. ahndwriting.
not permitted to be nominated.

Peel the sphere like an onion and lay the layers out flat and one on top of the other.
You know have a cone of base area 4*pi*r^2 and height r therefore the volume is 4/3*pi*r^3

no, you dont know nothing to begin with. you need the steps to get nominated.

Just do the revolution of half circle, then multiply times 2

do your own homework, faggot

xD its not my homework.

integrate 1 from 0 to V where V is the volume

trips kek

yes. you can either integrate in spherical or kartesian coordinates. i know the answer but you need to do it fgs. i have given you the duty.

no need for that.

use the Haar measure

well, thats maybe a bit overshooting dont you think ?

>Do my calc2 homework for me
No

>xD
Do your homework, faggot.

lol thanks but its no homework. if i wanted solution i could simply look into a sctipt. its aboutr you writing a nice solution and being no faggot.

But im not qualified to do triple integrals yet.

Just use cylindrical coordinates and then a >triple integral you fucking idiot.

>implying you don't learn this in first semester calc in high school

Jesus, retards really are ruining this board. You should take analysis and algebra at least before posting

well, why are you ranting ? either you have fun just remembering how to do it and write it fast down (itn not even 2 lines of text) or just ignore the thread.
why is it ruining anything for you ?

lol its a sphere
>cylindrical coordinates

well played m8

but i need

>spherical ones

hey if you like to try do and i will give you tips.

its about doing it without help m8.... thats the point of this. if you have no love 4 this its not my fault

well also we didnt learn it in high school m8. in university yes high school no

triple integral of a sphere radius r using spherical coordinates

>doing homework for the handicapped

ok nomiation accepted.
its not really nicely written thought.
If there are no other nominations, you won.

have fun.

also "cos=-sin"
>wrong.
you loose points.

yeah i meant the d/dx cos = -sin ,,, i did it in 5 seconds

i know you mean derivative but its not written. also no date.

aids lolo
but make more of these !!

really you like the thread ? :D thanks m8

hell yeah i do! I'd especially like it if the people who just howl " lleeelelel homework help" actually tried the problem

it's literally trivial and totally uninteresting given that it is something known since antiquity. get an interesting problem

He did it real fast.
So theres the challenge.
Also for many people its not trivial.
Maybe i will come up with more interesting for you sometime but not now. thanks for feedback.

And if its trivial, you still dont need to cry about "oh homework guy" especially when its to find everywhere.

if it's not trivial to you then you don't know any math, honestly.
for many people solving a quadratic equation is not trivial, that doesn't mean it's appropiate to put that here

you could propose non trivial problems to OP and perhaps develop problem of the day , or week etc thread?

bring something from project euler maybe? that seems about right for this board. or IMO problems. low theory required, can be high difficulty

well, we had a guy who didnt know how to do it and a guy who solved it and had fun. is that not enough ?
If you dont like it - why dont just ignore it then ?
There are many threads here i would consider trivial so wheres the problem with that ?

project euler would be rather interesting,,

hmm with IMO math maybe we could do a rather introductory level olympiad questions , that would be cool beans

You don't even need a triple integral for it, it's easy to do with a single integral

I support this idea.

I just have 1 year of pure mathematics undergrad under my belt so I would get rek'd but I like having something to think about for when I'm bored.

This would be really, really nice.

>You should have autism at least before posting
ftfy

I'm not against "models" of Reality: I'm for questioning all the stupid teachers that said x was "right" because they said so. I love chemistry models of nutrition. But to calculate this...

Calculus based on x2+y2=z2, on reports of a "pythagoras."
Unless you trust guys who've trusted other guys, that trusted guys before them (when most of them can't say how the gadgets that measure age "electronically" function). Some smuck stood up and babbled over-confidently 'the earth is 5.23 million years old from the time it was "not" massed/volumed as a planet to the following year that the mass of rock "was" a planet; I've calc'd it and I'm right +/- 5% 19 times out of 20, except in a full moon.'

And all of this xy-intersect calculation without a z-axis being considered, or tilt or deformity

All of it representing a circle (perfect) or sphere that does not, as far as I've seen, exist: except hypothetically.

Furthermore, we have a notational math system that cannot "truthfully" represent the answer except with "approximations" (that does not have a representation of the reaching from one static distance to the "next" static distance, unless your model for Reality is static and if only the answer then what good a static answer in a dynamic environment).

And good for what: calc'ing ballistic missile trajectories.

We got one going. First question is easy but if you have any harder ones to suggest sent email [email protected]

>posting your e-mail on Veeky Forums
not even being new excuses this level of stupid

[math]
\iiint_E \rho^2sin(\phi)d\rho d\phi d\theta = \frac{r^3}{3}(2\pi)(2) = \frac{4}{3}\pi r^3
[/math]

This is probably the 50'th time I've posted my email on Veeky Forums. Nothing ever happens. I don't want to be one to invite danger but only newfags actually worry about people doing bad shit to you over the internet.

Prove me wrong

Protip: you cant

>nothing ever happens

because Veeky Forums is both a) a slow board and b) a smart, not very malicious board

i just hope to god you don't post it on /b/ or /r9k/, or worse, frequent those hell holes

Archimedes didn't need calculus for this. Why do you?

>this thread

why what happens ? i am frequently on /b/

kek

OP here.not nominated.

Newton could have computed 1848.82543x43.4243655425 without punching it into a calculator

why don't you do it by hand?

>triple integrals
>on Veeky Forums
Nicely meme'd.

why ?
wheres the meme in that im new here
>OP here

also a guy solved.

>pretending not to know about triple integrals
>baiting this hard

i never pretended not to know about them.
>why did you even think that

I'll bite.

They're literally a Veeky Forums meme since most of Veeky Forums are math/engi undergrads who've taken and (maybe) passed Calc 2 and Calc 3. They're a pain in the ass to do by hand and probably the most intimidating thing to look at and do for any of the SUPER freshman undergrads who are in the middle of or have only passed calc 1. They're not hard whatsoever and the meme just kinda perpetuated for some reason even though they take the same process as any other integral to resolve... There are even threads about MIT vs Harvard in the "Field of triple integral research" with a """""witty""""" joke about a "quadruple integral research paper" thrown in there.

haha so i memed without even knowing.
>kek