Islam = [i]I slam[/i]

Islam = [i]I slam[/i]
(a violent religion)

Thomas Pynchon

More hijinks from the trickster of the typewriter!

wtf

“Sure, if you’re a Buddhist. These are Wahhabists. They’re pretending it’s spiritual, but it’s political, like they can’t deal with having any competition around.”
“Shawn, I’m sorry. But aren’t you supposed to be above this?”
“Whoa, overattached me. Think about it—all it takes is, like, a idle thumb on a space bar to turn ‘Islam’ into ‘I slam"

Bleeding Edge

retard

hmmm

>all it takes is, like, a idle thumb on a space bar to turn ‘Islam’ into ‘I slam"

I never got the sense he liked Islam all that much in the references he makes to it in GR. He probably would have stayed practicing Catholic if not for the death of Richard Farina.

Also, I think it's more of an apt perception than a criticism. Muslims are easy to manipulate.

Reminds me of Chesterton's quote, which offensive it may be, is the theological problem (Sunni) Muslims need to answer:

"A void is made in the heart of Islam which has to be filled up again and again by a mere repetition of the revolution that founded it. There are no sacraments; the only thing that can happen is a sort of apocalypse, as unique as the end of the world; so the apocalypse can only be repeated and the world end again and again. There are no priests; and yet this equality can only breed a multitude if lawless prophets almost as numerous as priests. The very dogma that there is only one Mahomet produces an endless procession of Mahomets."

Why would Farina's death make him stop being a practicing Catholic

B/c in catholicism atheist go to hell (richard was athuest) and pynch wanted to be with his bff.

Did he lose his jaw because of chewing tobacco?

Where on earth did you hear that?

I didn't. It just looks like he did in that picture. In older pics he doesn't have an overbite, just buckteeth.

Atheists go to hell in protestantism too, retard.

Pretty sure they were BFFs. Wasn't Pincho best man at Farina's wedding?

Isn't he from a WASP family?

But he want a protestant, fucko

Yeah, and he dedicated GR to dick

its not a real picture

The pope said they will go to heaven if they are "good people".

Literally heresy.

Actually whatever the pope says is infallible so you saying what he says is heresy is heresy in itself.

That's not how Papal infallibility works, heathen.

The pope is only infallible when he speaks 'ex cathedra.'