Flatbread ideas

I have been into making pita and other flatbreads recently and came up with a basterd mixture of naan and pita bread recipes to get the kind of flat bread I'm looking for.
After the first time I got it right I decided to start trying flavored versions of it I made
Rosemary sage flatbread
Tumeric jalapeno and also a saffron one. I'm starting to run out of ideas does CK have any flavor ideas?

Pic related rosemary sage pita

anise flatbread would go good with seafood stew

Cumin cinnamon and cayenne pita with sundried tomato hummus

sorry I'm on a lot of opiates right now

A Dill and garlic flatbread served with havarti cheese topped w roasted red peppers, basil, and olive oil

OP that looks great. Could you share the recipe since it's a bastardized mixture?

Why are you frying them? Just dust your pan with flour and cook it slow, it's gonna be a way better experience.

nah bitch it's like an elephant ear

welcome to the future

Well this was actually only the second time i them now I'm using an almost dry pan

This sounds awesome might end up making it today if I do and the threads still up I'll post it

Makes 8 medium pita breads
First make a sponge with
2 1/4 teaspoon dry active yeast
1 cup warm water
4.5 oz AP flour (1 cup if you don't have a scale)
Pinch sugar
Let sit 15 min
Then add
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 to 2 cups ap flour
(Any flavoring added in here as well)
Mix with dough hook
(Dough should be slightly sticky but not sticking to the sides of the bowl)
Rise about 2 hr or until doubled in size
Roll into log
Cut into 8 equal pieces
Form into balls
Covet and let rise for 30 minutes.
Roll out and let rest 5 minutes
Cook in pan with a little olive oil

If you want them puffy like the first pic roll out to about 6in all-around
If you want them big and flat roll out till the thickness of a tortilla and let rise for 15 minutes instead of 5 after rolling
be sure to flour your work surface

Pic related turmeric jalapeno flatbread with yogurt curry chicken and taziki sauce
I used the thinner variation for this

That sounds like a very interesting combination have you had this before or is this the drugs talking

Sorry don't like anise

That looks really nice user, good job. I'll keep monitoring in case you make the drill and garlic version, looking forward to it

Thank you so much. At the moment, I make a bastard pitta bread as I can store the dough in the fridge and bake as needed. Will this dough keep in the fridge for a period of time?

Maby a day because the yeast will continue to ferment and it will over proof and taste bad but it might last longer I have never tired refrigerate it

You could cook them all off and freeze them and defrost as needed

Thanks matey. I'll give them a go tonight.

What I do is make some dough in the bread machine, roll it out on a pizza pan, let rise, divide it into three pieces, and bake. Great breakfast food. I freeze them and toast them with sugar and cinnamon and oil on top.

Im from Cincinnati and our chili has that shit in it so I dunno sounds good

they go well together

How do you make dough in a bread machine
I have never seen one irl I thought it just cooks bread in the designed shape of the maker

Gave your recipe a go. Looks nice so far.

Just ate it. Excellent recipe. My pitta recipe can fuck off.

>How do you make dough in a bread machine.
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
1-2 tsp oil
2 3/4 cups of bleached AP flour - bleached is just better flour, hands down. Stuff is cheap as hell too.
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp yeast

Turn on dough cycle. My Cuisinart's kneading cycle lasts 30 minutes. Dough comes out warm and ready to be shaped.

Bread machines are great at kneading dough. Very little mess, so I make bread constantly now. I usually make sourdough which is a little different. I pour 100% hydration fermented dough into the machine then add flour and do the dough cycle.

>bleached flour is better

Ok, grandma, the 50's marketing campaigns have kind of lost their effectiveness. I'll drive you back to the nursing home.

BLEACHED

thats a tasty lookin loaf

thanks for sharing, OP
saved

No problem glad you guys like it

this a good thread

thanks op

Potato flatbread.
8oz warm mashed potato
1 ounce butter (should melt with the potato heat or just melt it prior)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2oz flour (or more)
make a dough, roll flat, and cook in a pan. cooking dry or in oil works depending how you like it. add extra seasonings like garlic powder or whatever you want. it's pretty similar to nan.

There's no leavening agents at all and way more potatoes than flour I made potato bread before using potato flour and also with real potatoes I just don't see how this should work as a flatbread that wouldn't break the moment you picked it up

Do you have any pics of it
I might try it just because it's so easy though

Any pan or skillet based flatbread recipes?
Preferably something simple. I make cruddy flatbreads that, while tasting good, aren't fully cooked in the center, and need to learn how to fix that without burning the whole thing.

Nice recipe, OP. Will try it later