It's high time I went into philosophy. Where do I start? Any good youtube courses for supplementary?

It's high time I went into philosophy. Where do I start? Any good youtube courses for supplementary?

Other urls found in this thread:

wattpad.com/298604005-darius-part-1
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tK7-0HlUusU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start with the Greeks.

Don't fall for the greeks meme. "The Spectre of Hegel" by Louis Althusser is a great way to start your studies.

Nicomachean Ethics
The Republic

I'm guessing bertrand russell's history of western philosophy would be the best place to start.

So this is a new meme, right

Philosophy without any gaps is a good podcast to give you a very brief outline of what everyone's responding too (kind of like being given all the edge pieces in a jigsaw puzzle, if that makes any sense). You'll probably want to listen to the bit on pre-Socratics, even if you do start with the Greeks.

Otherwise, dive in wherever you're most interested.

He does a shit job at describing most philosophies but he does introduce the major schools of thought and the historical context.

wow, like no one else has done that. as usual, my recommendation is windelbands history of philosophy.

If you can't google something why are you questioning anything else? Seriously, fuck off. We need to update the sticky with "START WITH THE GREEKS" or something so we don't have at least five threads about this.

brilliant
found a shitty pdf of this book too

I think that will do for a start

I think that's too advanced for a beginner, no?

Look up MostlyHetero on wattpad. He writes short stories.

wattpad.com/298604005-darius-part-1

He has more than one short story, this is just one example, but they are all well written and if you read them into completion you can pull a lot of philosophical values, ideals and understandings out of them. Michael and the Sex Goblin is probably his most viewed piece but who likes starting out with the best?

that books is absolutely awful why would anyone recommend that

>youtube
Jesus fucking Christ, fuck off.
It's obvious you have no real interest in learning anything and just want to play YouTube videos in the background while shitposting and jacking off just to claim some sense of progression as if you learned anything from them.
>well I'm done with Philosophy Course: Part 23/65, time for the next vid
>puts it on while shoving hot pockets into his fat disgusting throat

To be hilarious.
Hilarious.

ffs why is that book bad. people keep saying it's a meme but never say why, drives me mad. i have to start somewhere

mein nigger. starting this after im done with Meme and Punishment

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub

This guide is pretty good, especially for complete beginners.

You don't have to start there.

i'll start at your mom

Just read The Philosopher's Handbook and your good.

Nah, if you make it past the 10, 15 pages, you'll be fine.

Anthony Kenny - New History of Western Philosophy
Routledge History of Philosophy volumes
Copleston

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tK7-0HlUusU

If you get This, you will be able to find more and understand This world