My wife is having a very severe allergic reaction to dairy. What should I do?

My wife is having a very severe allergic reaction to dairy. What should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4298661/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have her put down. She's not worth the trouble.

Not funny. She's having a very difficult time breathing.

Have you tried CPR

No I don't know how

Why are you posting on Veeky Forums if she's having breathing problems? You should be put down as well.

Just looking for help/advice.

Ask a Louisiana worm farming board. Oh you already did.

How about getting off of Veeky Forums and going to a hospital you stupid faggot. If you have an epi pen use it.

If you're stupid enough to get on an Angolan cooking image board to ask for advise in a life threatening situation, then you deserve whatever awful outcome happens.

We don't have an epi pen and we're too far from a hospital

How do you not know cpr? That shit gets taught in like junior high.

I'll have you know here in Louisiana, 85% of our worm farmers are CPR certified

There's this number you can call in case of emergency which sends emergency services to your location and then transports you to a medical facility. I wish I knew the simple three digit number to dial.

I didn't want to take drastic measures but her breathing keeps getting worse so I'm probably going to call

Make an incision in the cricoid cartilage. Insert a breathing tube. Ball point pen tube will suffice in a pinch. Breathe into tube. Insert thumb in anus.

Wash her eyes out with salt water. Should help with the swelling.

Don't fucking make a Veeky Forums thread about it, and go see a professional you fuck.

Even if a hospital isn't nearby, maybe a doctor's office. If you're going to waste precious time on fucking Veeky Forums, at least use that time instead to google a doctor's office near you and go for a walk in. Just call to make sure they do walkins, most do.

Also, you really are retarded.

Watch it with the hostility

>my wife is literally dying right in front of me please help
>ehhh I don't want to take any drastic measures, though. Instead I'll take twenty minutes to argue on a chinese basketweaving BBS

Am I being trolled
Is this a bait thread

Your wife might be dying you idiot

And it only took you 20 minutes to make this decision knowing she's having an allergic reaction with no epi pen available. I hope there isn't another emergency occurring which could possibly delay first responders further.

If there is a major delay then you may have to take this user's advice and learn how to perform a tracheostomy. I know thinking clearly during an emergency is difficult, but goddamn dude.

We're on our way to getting medical help now, thank you to those of you who actually helped

>old people call emergency services when they can't find their tv remote
>your wife is dying but you "don't want to take drastic measures"

hmmmm

have you tried giving your wife chocolate chip cookies?

I'm not a doctor but my gut tells me it'll help, soak up some of that life giving dairy

You are so fucking stupid

OP, my thoughts are with you and your SO. No one should have to suffer dairy allergies in this day in age. If medical science can't find a way to make us all able to drink it we need to just get rid of it. No one NEEDS dairy. If it can save one life it's worth it.

It's called an emergency cricothyroidotomy. There's probably a wikihow on how to do it. Don't forget the thumb in the anus. You'll fail your skills test if you don't. Your wife will think you're a bad ass.

>if one person has an allergy to a thing, no one is ever allowed to consume that thing ever again

Hope you enjoy scurvy, I'm allergic to fruits and vegetables.

It's for the sake of equality. Don't you care about equality? No need to joke about it.

Please don't dismiss my allergies as a joke, it is offensive to me.

you're bait isn't funny but keep going fag

Whenever I watch a romantic comedy with my wife, I always root for three female lead to die so the protagonist can live life as a happy Batchelor instead spending every waking hour being nagged to death by some ungrateful harpy.
But that's just me.
Drive slow user. Much safer.

They're two separate procedures differing by placement of the incision. The crico would be the better method in this case though. It's easier to find the incision point and is more temporary. However, both do require the thumb in the anus.

Sorry but there is no such thing as a dairy allergy. If I was an emergency room doctor and your wife came in telling me she is having an allergic reaction to milk, I would tell her to shut up and go home. Name a single constituent in milk, literally a blend of proteins/carb/fat, that would trigger an anaphylactic response in a human. There isn't one. Even lactose intolerance would not cause these symptoms.

Sage goes all in fields.

by the way, the solution to an allergic response is to take diphenhydramine. go fuck yourself

Shitpost on Veeky Forums obviously.

>The major cow’s allergens belong to the casein fraction of proteins (αs1-, αs2-, β-, and k-casein) and to whey proteins (α-lactalbumin and β-lactoglobulin) [62]. There is some cross-reactivity with soy protein, particularly in non-IgE-mediated allergy.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4298661/

You are double stupid.

1) Dairy allergies are not extremely common, but they are certainly real.

2) While antihistamines may be used in the case of a mild reaction, in more severe reactions such as anaphylactic shock (what OP described) epinephrine should be used.

Cop a feel. This is your chance!

Nah, all he has to do is cook french toast for her and he can finally get laid

I can hardly believe anyone would be this stupid. I wonder how much misinfo you spread to your friends and family.

Literally just got out of a Nutrition lecture: 4% of the population (I imagine US) has a milk allergy. Lactose intolerance is much more common.

Marry a white women, next time.

Yeah, and 4% of the population has an allergy to this that and the other food item until we're sure 100% of the population is at least allergic to something. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if after childhood every individual were forced to go without food for 7 days, the total percent of the population allergic to any food item would be in the single digits.

K

Feed her some 'go 'za

4% is already a single digit, you boob.

Read better you nignog. I said everyone will be diagnosed with some kind of allergy until 100% are allergic to something.

You said "something" as in "something other than food allergies" which is strange and unrelated to your other point:
You said "food allergies would be limited to single digits percentage under this absurd system of mine" even while admitting that they're already single digit just one breath previous.

That's what facebook is for, retard.

Chill out

i hope your wife is better but why the fuck did you ask Veeky Forums

Put your dick in her mouth and fuck her till you cum and make her swollow it

>Oh shit my wife is dying
>Better make a thread on Veeky Forums for help

excellent thread

If she loses consciousness, spread her legs before rigor mortise sets in, and if it's winter where you live, keep her in the garage when not in use.

rip

>this guy doesn't have benadryl in his house

Don't have dairy in the house anymore, eat it when you are out, before work but not after work, give it time to not have residue in your mouth.

Explore Chinese food, a lot are dairy free and delicioius. The Hong Kong / Cantonese ones does sometimes have cheese or stuff like fried milk though (or use butter), so read the menu and ask questions.

Finding a milk subsitute is hard, nothing will taste exactly like it. This stuff I love to drink is coconut soy milk by VitaSoy.

I heard that some people who get sick drinking cow's milk, are okay with goat milk, so you might want to look into that (with medical supervision).

Why are you asking a chinese artificial island forming board while your wife is fucking dying?

This whole thread made my day

>asking Veeky Forums for health advice

Obviously, you should be asking your facebook friends, or reddit...

Epinephrine does not reverse the symptoms of an allergic reaction you fuckwad. It keeps you alive long enough for the antihistamines to actually take effect

>being allergic to protein

Like I said, not real. This is a case of a defective organism that should have died at birth. Being allergic to cows milk is like being allergic to water.

This

OP here, unfortunately she didn't make it

I do agree with your sentiment that doctors are trying to come up with fake illnesses they say people have so they can push their pills and treatments to line their pockets

>If I was an emergency room doctor and your wife came in telling me she is having an allergic reaction to milk, I would tell her to shut up and go home.
Congratulations, you just killed a patient because they misdiagnosed themself. Not only are you struck off and out of a job (nice waste of 5 years medical training), you have the death of another person on your conscience, a married woman who probably had kids. Are you happy now that you killed a man's wife and took a mother from a bunch of children?

holy fucking shit OP you don't deserve to live

You should have an epipen. I don't understand how anyone who has allergies that severe DOESN'T. I have peanut allergies and I have it with me when I do literally anything. It's of dire importance because you will fucking DIE if you have a reaction and don't have one, and 911 can't reach you in a reasonable amount of time.

Unfortunately he's not allergic to milk, his wife is.

WOMP WOMP WOMP
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
There, now you know cpr.

get a lawyer

where do you live to get taught cpr in junior high

Keep a vlog instead

I was taught CPR in high school, along with the heimlich and how to tell if someone needs it.

TAKE IT TO THE VET
How many times do retards need to be told this?

This

Call 911?

>You are double stupid.
>1) Dairy allergies are not extremely common, but they are certainly real.
>2) While antihistamines may be used in the case of a mild reaction, in more severe reactions such as anaphylactic shock (what OP described) epinephrine should be used.
Hmm, wrong. You can go to the E.R. with throat closing symptoms and swollen tongue and they'll give you benadryl for any reaction, mild or sever, and not let you leave for like 8 hours of boring waiting while they watch you for signs of distress. They use the epi pen only if you can't be watched. I mean,they're there if you code, so your emergency pen deal isn't needed.

A secondary antihistamine like cimetidine (Tagamet) can be added on top of the benadryl too, if you're ever at home and this is a constant problem for you (some people have random reactions and never do get to the bottom of understanding what exactly the allergen trigger was). Like another user said, it's the antihistamines that need to kick in. Shouldn't call people stupid, let alone double stupid if you don't honestly know the protocol for emergencies like that.

OP, once you have a bad reaction like that, you can assume that the next exposure could be same but probably worse. It will never be milder. So make sure they get her a prescription and put in a plan in place for what you'd do next time. Always keep benadryl and tagamet in the house and in her purse too.

farts uh oh....STINKY!!
POOP!!!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHH FUNNY POOPIES!!!!!!!!!!!
XD ELELELELELELELEL PPPPPPPOOOOO
PPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH AHAHAH
AHAHAHA FUNNY POOP! POOP FUNNY! WEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR POOPIE! GOOD POOPIE! POOPIE FUNNY! AHAH XDDD
DDDDDDD
DDDDDDD DDDDD POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP
POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP
POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP LELELELELELELELELELELELLE XDXDXD
POOPY FUNNY! YAY! FUN FUN POOP
! TEE HEE XD POOP! POOPY! YAY! POOP MAKE ME HAPPY! HAPPY HAPPY P
OOP POOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHDXDXD
UH OH< I THINK I MADE A POOPIE :))))))):):)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POOP IN PANTS! NO DIAPER! THAT'S FUNNY! XDDD
OOPSIE! POOPY UNDERWEAR NOW! TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE
WE WANT POOPIES! WE WANT POOPIES! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHHHHHHH :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) AHA
POOP

What an insightful post.

Beautiful reply, also legitimate. People with allergies need to be euthanised because they can't adapt to the environment very well therefore is inferior, according to Darwin's theory.

>I heard that some people who get sick drinking cow's milk, are okay with goat milk, so you might want to look into that (with medical supervision).

That's presumably if the reaction is due to cassein, the primary protein in dairy. Goat's milk has something like 10% the ratio that cow's milk does. So for people with marginal reactions (say, gastric discomfort), it's a reasonable option, but for severe reactions (say, intestinal ulceration) it should still be avoided.

Kill her. Quickly.
Then find a better genetic donor for your children.

This

hahaha! fuck! chinese basketweaving bbs. dude. we'd be friends.