Rate my comfy birthday present haul from my dear parents lads

Rate my comfy birthday present haul from my dear parents lads

Most excited about Butcher's Crossing

What translation of Faust is that?

Black and White Classics

>getting books a bd presents

LMAOING @ YOUR LIFE

the wind in the willows looks fun. i like redwall.

That's the edition. What is the translation?

>paperback books
>not even hardcover
wow how poor

How come? Not OP, but I got 14 books for my birthday last week. My parents have a list I gave them a few years back of things I like and want.

I-it doesn't say
Very but I'm thankful

At least two of them look heavily used too...

happy birthday user :^)

I have some Tuttle paperbacks and theyre mighty fine, lad.

Thanks user. First time I'd seen them in two years since we are so poor and I'm away at school. They just showed up I was so surprised. Very comfy :)

>making fun of poor people for spending money on books and loved ones
I wish I could call you faggots to your faces but your cool rich dad probably does that already

Faust is the best thing there.

Just remember though, Part 2 is for patricians.

>buying books in new condition
How's buying books for decoration?

Shit edition of Faust.

My condolences, OP. Also, happy birthday.

>tfw you're German so you can read Faust in the original language which best conveys the author's intentions

Feels good.

Also, happy birthday OP, enjoy reading the books, Faust is a solid work.

>>in the original language which best conveys the author's intentions

wonderful meme!

How would a translation better convey the authors intention than the authors original writing?

t. monolingual american

>reading originals instead of translations

its like you guys want to be plebs lmfao

There's no info on the translation?
So you don't know who translated it, and you've no way of knowing if it's a translation of the German original or a translation of a translation?
Holy fuck throw it out

>buying used books as a birthday gift

Literally the only acceptable social convention regarding this is for a childs birthday you dont really love so that you can buy for .99 on thriftbooks.

post some excerpts i can probably tell you which translation it is if you're curious.

No, you're brainwashed by the book jews.
It's also more like the opposite that's true: It's the condition of the book which determines the quality of the present, not the bare fact that it's been used, and a fine, used book from an antiquary is at least valued as highly as a new book. Or more, seeing how there's undeniable prestige in owning old books and how some books also go out of print, further increasing their value.

8.5/10 nice

yes yes, r/books is the other way friendo maybe they appreciate your pseudness a bit more.

books are the best presents imo

I agree. There is no other way to make people spend that much to just to not feel ungrateful.

um, this is something completely positive. he has a good hobby, and his parents care enough about him to notice it

Trade paperback are better than hardcover. Hardcover books are for people who don't read but like to leave baits in every thread, like you. In that case, I would stop beating around the bush and buy a set of fancy fake books.

+ Butcher's Crossing, I Am A Cat
- Faust

pleb

I am a cat

More like

You am a pleb

I loved butcher's crossing. You will not be disappointed if you read Stoner and are expecting something good from Williams.

Also that cover is comfy as fuck. Sometimes I'll pull it out an look at it for a few minutes and go over a few chapters again

That's exactly what I was expecting - loved Stoner, wanted more. My mom picked up on it because I was telling her about Stoner like 6 months ago and she remembered I like Williams. She so sweet. You're right too... the cover is extremely comfortable.

Looking good, OP. Happy birthday.