How do you eat a bread bowl without looking mentally disabled?

How do you eat a bread bowl without looking mentally disabled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UxB-H6f3crY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Start by not ordering the bread bowl like a tourist

FPBP

>implying people actually order and eat bread bowls while being serious

it's messy. you use your fingers. in terms of not looking mentally disabled, try chewing with your mouth closed. other than that, just get your soup without the bread bowl.

>Passing on something delicious because you're scared of looking retarded
Please

use a fork and a knife after eating the soup with the spoon

I like that you're implying that "being scared" is the reason I don't order a bread bowl

you don't

With a serrated steak knife and a fork

you make it at home for yourself so nobody else watches while you pig out

Do you really think people care about the way you eat? Just eat the damn thing and stop giving a fuck.

You know they didn't actually eat the bread in ancient times, right? it was thrown to the dogs/slaves

this

Order the bread on the side and dip it in the soup as you go.

>Throwing away the best part.

Pretty sure dogs can't eat bread or they'd die

Pretty sure you're retarded and so is the user your responding to.

He's right. Food was served on pieces of stale bread known as 'trenchers'. It was customary for the trenchers - which had soaked up all the grease and juices - to be given to beggars or to dogs, and it was viewed as a mark of gluttony to actually eat the trencher.

t.Veeky Forums

Sourdough is shit.
But just use your spoon to scrape out the inside, then when it's empty, use your fucking knife to cut it in quarters or whatever and eat it with your fingers.

Hello this is 2017

>Sourdough is shit.
heathen!

>be me
>eating bread bowl
>try scraping some bread off the inside with my spoon
>side rips open sending soup flying everywhere

You're shit.

t. Idea of sourdough is a mass produced cellophane wrapped chemical flour paste soured with citric acid.

FPBP

this

>eat all of the soup
>tear bowl into chunks and eat
>???
That or just don't eat the bread bowl

Order it in a bowl with a bun on the side instead of some retard who gets 1/3 of a bowl of soup in a soggy bun. It's like you enjoy giving your money to Jews!

Isn't it one of the few things that count as traditional USA dishes? As in not stolen from Europe like apple pie, burgers and hotdogs?

No.

I just feel like I look like a savage when I tear up the bowl in public.

Nope. Hungarians eat their garlic soup in a bread loaf.

That's the mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich

Well, nowadays we don't give it to our dogs because they need a balanced diet, and we don't give it to beggars because 1) they dont want it they want booze or 2) they need to get a job. That literally only leaves throwing it away or eating the trencher yourself, and accommodating your diet to eating them.

This post made me stop to think: in 30+ years of cafe/restaurant-going, I don't think I've ever paid attention to anyone else eating. Either I go with someone and pay attention to them, or go alone and pay attention to my own food/book/phone. The only time I've ever paid attention to another table is if something showy was happening like a flambe or the waiters were singing or some gay shit like that.

Eat your damn bread bowl, OP. Spill some on your shirt while your'e at it. Nobody will notice or care.

If you don't want to look mentally disabled, just dress up as Stephen Hawkins. No one will doubt your mental abilities then!

you dont

Eat it like a normal human bean

Order it to-go, silly.

Just order a bowl of soup with some bread on the side to dip with. Bread bowls are only for the Autismos

>Eat soup with spoon til half way, then rip bread around edges and dip.
>Eat soup with spoon to new half way mark now that the height has lowered.
>Rip more edges.
>Repeat til done.

Lift it above your head and eat the bottom first then guzzle out the liquid. Poke your tongue through the hole and spin the bowl around.

eat it like a taco and just play it cool

If you order the bread bowl, it usually means you get less soup/pasta to start with, so I never do.

This. Why would you order a stupid gimmick item? No sane person would prepare this at home, its pure meme stupidity, "look at me!" and take a selfie with it for your instagram, snapchat, and facebook, and post on all three so everyone can see how cool you look with a BREAD CRUST FILLED WITH SOUP! Wow, how incredibly clever is that? Everyone, look at me! Please comment, like, and subscribe!

if you keep making a half way point you'll never finish the bowl you'll just be eating soup infinitely

You eat the soup like you'd eat soup out of a normal bowl, and eat the bowl as the level of the soup lowers. So... eat some soup, eat the top layer of the bowl, eat some more soup, eat more bowl, etc...

I've never ordered one out, but made some at home plenty of times.

Wouldn't the bread bowl get too soggy to the point it starts dripping?

It's typically some rather thick bread. The inside gets pretty soggy though, and that improves the texture when you're ripping off pieces to eat.

Daily reminder not to respond to tripfags.

If the side of the bread bowl got torn, it would not send soup "flying every where". It would simply ooze out slowly like a cut on your arm with blood. Unless you rip open the side with a sledge hammer, that is.

It's not a hamburger. A bun is bread but bread is not always a bun. Learn to slja uash 3gaiuyh

Are you saying that's a bad thing?

We've solved world hunger, boys

What does FPBP stand for?

faggot penis breadbowl penis

with a knife and fork, like you do a snickers

youtube.com/watch?v=UxB-H6f3crY

first post, best post
lurk more, newfriend