So I'm just going to lay it all out like a total sperg:

So I'm just going to lay it all out like a total sperg:
>Extremely anxious about everything
>In a seemingly endless existential crisis
>Only drugs, irony, and sarcasm bring me joy. Dedication and sincerity are revolting and banal to me.

Okay, so what literature and/or philosophy can cure me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQCfQy9Yg2y8fi5cI8HYUUct
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A psychiatrist

Accomplishing something.

Christianity, not even memeing.

Whiny, pretentious blog threads are even worse than the "please recommend me pro-white literature with traditional gender roles and no nu-male beta cuck protagonist" threads, honestly

I tried that. It was nice at first, but I just can't truly believe it.

How do I know you're being sincere???

Wait until drugs and irony dont cut it anymore, you are in for quite a ride.

Have you tried sex?

The Ego and Its Own by Max Stirner

How old are you? How can we give you any answers that make sense if we don't know where you're at in life?

I'm 19.

Christianity probably won't make sense until your mid twenties.

What drugs are you taking, adderall and weed? Maybe some pills?

It's going to get worse.

>It made sense to me in my mid-twenties therefore that's the rule.

emil cioran

Adderall, MDMA, drink often but not too often.

bahhahahahhahaha

He said probably you fucking hippie
Just go for a jog

There's no evidence or reason that it "probably" will happen.

ITT: first r8 b8

If you're able to, only take the adderall as prescribed. If you're not able to do that, try exercising more. You don't have to cut way back. Just lower the adderall as you increase your exercise over time. Find something you can do by yourself. For me it was skateboarding.

Drop mdma entirely. It's not addictive so there's no real reason not to. It only has bad effects long term. That same sense of love and connection it can provide you can later find through mediation or prayer.

If you don't like Christianity, try meditation. Sam Harris is a meme on here, but he has a couple of guided meditations you can find if you scroll towards the beginning of the feed of his Waking Up podcast. That's a decent place to start.

I assume you probably ADHD given the adderall prescription, general drug abuse, and anxiety. You probably feel pretty bored with a lot of things too. IF you haven't been diagnosed, you should talk to a doctor and work out a plan involving behavioral and medication fixes.

Why does sarcasm bring you joy?

dumb advice

>Only drugs, irony, and sarcasm bring me joy. Dedication and sincerity are revolting and banal to me.

Maybe the reason you aren't dedicated and the reason you aren't sincere is because you're addicted to drugs, irony, and sarcasm?

Well, if that's the case, think of it this way; you can keep getting fucked up and you can keep being immature for the rest of your life, but if you get lucky and somehow stumble upon a place to live, a good source of money, and something that would have otherwise been an enjoyable occupation to someone else, you'll still be in the same rut. You'll still be getting fucked up as much as possible, drinking as much as possible, smoking as much as possible, and you won't be going anywhere. You can also make the effort and give up on that shit. The people who told you "if you just work hard enough, you'll succeed" are lying, it's mostly based on chance; but by finding other fulfilling things to do, you can live a less-than-moderately successful life and still be relatively happy. Also know that the worst thing in the world would be to live a less-than-moderately successful life while looking around for smack.

I could also be wrong and you're not addicted, and you just use drugs to 'detach' yourself, and the irony and sarcasm is just a symptom of that. People desire detachment when they are complacent with the mediocrity of their own life. Obviously, since you're in a crisis, there must be something at the center of it.

It could be both, or, least likely, your problem is genetic, and you actually can not derive any pleasure from anything else.

Shut the fuck up

At least these here are more honest.

your taste in art is shit

Another dumb assertion.

Man, you love writing, don't you. It's like watching the screen drip from the splooge of your masturbation.

You're on a literature board making fun of someone for enjoying writing

>You're on a literature board making fun of someone for enjoying writing

This guy is right. Shouldn't you go backt to /b ?

>everything written in the state of joy is good writing

I can smell the insecurity from here

Wow, you must be psychic.

>Christianity probably won't make sense until your mid twenties

What makes you think this? I'm nearly 30 and with each year Christianity has made less sense to me.

Shut the fuck up

You're a cunt (I'm assuming you're OP). You're an edgy teen who grew up in a comfy middle/upper middle class setting whos had no real turmoil or necessity to excel in life, you've never had to subsist on the fruits of your own labor so you turn to millennial drugs to give you satisfaction (that feeling non-cocksuckers get when they get up and accomplish things).

You wrote all that shit nigga and I ain't even OP

OP can still read it can't he?

>Okay, so what literature and/or philosophy can cure me?
None, you must change your habits and so by starting small. This means going to bed at a reasonable hour, eating reasonably healthy food most of the time, leaving the house everyday to get sun (even if it's just for a walk), and taking up a hobby or activity such as reading or exercising, stop posting on Veeky Forums/checking all your major websites 24/7. Introduce these things slowly, until you are routinely doing them, and most importantly stop making off-topic posts on Veeky Forums.

And since you mention drug use, restrict your intake to once every few weeks. Drug use is fine, but not when it's being used as a crutch for your failures.

Change your habits you fucking retard OP.

Stop taking drugs for one, and stop being a pretentious cunt.

Disagreed. You're retarded.

You sound hurt, dude. Does it really bother you so much that some guy hasn't had to suffer?
>B-buh muh lyf xp, muh achiefmounts
Shut the fuck up, life isn't a game. Stop self-congratulating yourself for having been supposedly degraded. All your satisfaction and glory will amount to a bunch of bones and dust. You're not better than anyone, you pious cunt.

Your type of fucker is EXACTLY the reason why assholes like OP exist. "Oh, you have no real issues y'know? Back in my days, those were the issues. Your issues? Nah. It ain't got to do with money it's not an issue. You don't have issues like we did." Yeah, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that this generation keeps pilling more and more neurosis. It's not like you're beating a habit of not recognizing their problems into them. It's not like cultural life has been a shallow materialistic desert for the past half-century; oh wait, that isn't an issue either, right? No, just gotta keep chasing that carrot. Because that's what people have been doing for the past two thousand years. Where has that gotten us again? Oh yeah, fucking Nowhere.

We're the ones that have to deal with the fact you didn't know what the fuck you were doing, so have some goddamn respect.

I ain't even read this gay thread but fuck all of you.

DAVID
FOSTER
WALLACE

You need this youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQCfQy9Yg2y8fi5cI8HYUUct

>>Only drugs, irony, and sarcasm bring me joy. Dedication and sincerity are revolting and banal to me.
They should be equally banal. Why do you value one over the other? Are you not dedicated to your and sincere with your existential crisis? OP you are contradictory. OP you are the crisis.

Nobody will ever really know.

>boredom is bad

The absolute pleb position.

Where this has taken us? It has taken us to the point where most of us are fed and safe you retard. "Chasing the carrot" got us bring more happiness and satisfaction to more people than ever before. But nuffin matters cause we're all dust and bones? That's exactly why it matters you faggot, we make life pleasant for us and those around us and then we go. Easy as that.

So I'm just going to lay it all out and totally brag:
>same as you at like 16, besides that edgy last part
>intermittently, over the next 2 years I theorize about life and consciousness
>the theory touched on an the idea that we can learn to consciously control every facet of our body; and that, that was the next stage of evolution (away from unconscious, genetic evolution and into a conscious evolution)
>trying to consciously control the feeling of pleasure (serotonin etc) lead me to 1. the ability to dilate my pupils on command and 2. intense meditative experiences
>start relation the overall theory to symbols and drawing it
>come up with the final part one night and I was pretty much done after that, also stopped meditatin (I'm usiing the word mediation when at the time I considered it training to use a part of my body..just like a baby learns motor skills)
>2 years later realize I came up with an ancient Jewish thing called the Merkabah

And 2 years after that, my life is probably worse than it's ever been. Nothing special came to me for it. Go to therapy

Also since people are talking Christianity - which is a good idea - I'd recommend something more like the OTO.

It obviously depends on where you live, but you're bound to have a temple at your nearest big city. I live in Oakland, CA and the temple here has free dinner and wine on Sundays. There's always at least one attractive girl there.

That and Kaballah meetups. Christians are generally boring and OT > NT

>It has taken us to the point where most of us are fed and safe you retard.
Yeah, okay. So what's the guilt in that exactly. You people are goddamn schizophrenic; first you complain about kids being spoiled, then you suck your own dicks because you made it possible for them to. Which one is it you assholes?

>"Chasing the carrot" got us bring more happiness and satisfaction to more people than ever before.
And yet you people continue to bitch insesantly.

>But nuffin matters cause we're all dust and bones?
I didn't say that, asswipe.

>That's exactly why it matters you faggot, we make life pleasant for us and those around us and then we go. Easy as that.
And yet whenever someone voices his displeasure with life your answer isn't that the point is to make it pleaseant, but instead you tell him that he should make his life more unpleasant and get more problems in order to enjoy it somehow. You never appeal to pleasure or health as motivations, despite those being the only motivations worth a damn.

Agelet detected.

I'm 24 years old, use some other regurgitated label, please.