What should I do in order to succeed as a chem engineering major during my time in university?

What should I do in order to succeed as a chem engineering major during my time in university?

Study.

Research
Intern

Read a lot of books. And learn every formula basic physic.

Ask "why", there's a difference in knowing all words in a language, and speaking the language

Get and learn to use the bible.

Know what you're getting yourself into. The major is a lot of math, physics, thermodynamics, and transport phenomena with a dash of chemistry. It's not so much learning about chemistry as it is applying principles of chemistry to do these processes.

sucka da profesori dickko

dropped out of chem eng after 4 semesters, shit was killing me inside.

Why was it killing you?

It wasnt really what i expected, a lot of electical physics, signals and systems, control systems engineering and lots and lots of memorizing chemical tablets.

I dont really know what i expected tho, i just applied because of pressure to finally get into uni and because i liked chemistry in school.
Courses i was good at were pure physics and mechanical engineering stuff.

>tfw two intelligent to memorize stuff

jk i think i'm a brainlet, or at least i'm lazy as shit.
Studying a mix of programming, marketing and design right now and its a breeze, and the pay is gonna be at least equal.

Same here, I'm much happier in physics right now. The ChemE programme here was just too intense and had a lot of shit I just don't care about, like finance, management and the other engineering subjects.

I actually have time to go out now, I'm a bit worried about what I'll do when I graduate, but I think I will be fine just picking up some IT certs. I already have a decent CV from big data internships.

Fuck ChemE.

Switch to EE because you'll find no jobs in ChemE.

t. ChemE from Berkeley with a 3.8 and 3 internships and spent a year and 2 months with job

You made the right choice user, i have a deep love for physics but jesus christ the shit we did in some ChemE courses.

ChemE fucking sucks.

With no job, I meant

I graduated in 2015 and now I work at Best Buy

ChemE is a serious meme major

The job market is oversaturated because those fucking retarded IChemE shills keep advertising it as the god profession even though there have been way too many graduates in the last decade compared to the actual demand.

1. Change majors to EE or MechE
2. Study well enough to get internships in those disciplines.
3. Doing above will line you up a job or at least a position at a grad school.

ChemE is linked way too much to oil and gas which can fuck you over.

>i think i'm a brainlet, or at least i'm lazy as shit.
at least you're honest

Well i'm def lazy as shit, if i ever did put some work into school i did good.
I highly respect everyone thats in a non-meme field like i got into myself.

>barely transferred from CC to a 4 year into ChemE
>hear all the time that ChemEs are fucked, even from profs
How the fuck do I switch my major to an even more impacted engineering major like EE or MechE?

Please tell me it's significantly easier to change if you're already an engineering major. I got a 3.8 my first semester as a junior, here.

Isn't everything "over saturated" now? I had chemistry, then I was told its a meme with no jobs so I go on to ChemE which is also nojobslol now.

When will the suffering end?

Currently a ChemE finishing up his 5th semester (last final at 8am).

Thing you gotta realize, is ChemE is not like chemistry. Sure, you use chemicals in a lot of your course load (ie fluids, seperations), but realize that ChemE is a branch of MechE, with a little more focus on the processing in manufacturing vs product design (what MechEs often end up doing).

Study your ass off, go to class, do your assignments. Get familiar with your classmates and work with them.

Know what environment you want to work in before you choose your major. Currently hating myself a bit for this, but I know I want to do manufacturing, which is sorta fine.