With the possible exception of Witty, why hasn't there been a single philosopher of worth since Mr N? Or the year 1900...

With the possible exception of Witty, why hasn't there been a single philosopher of worth since Mr N? Or the year 1900, to be more specific.

the memes are strong with this one

Get with the times old man

Deleuze, Lacan, Žižek, Sartre, Derrida, Chomsky. Plenty of worthwhile philosophers since Nietzsche, desu.

Literally everyone on that list could die, or never have been born, and we'd be no poorer for it.

this, unfortunately

You could say that in an off-hand way about any philosopher

Adorno

It probably can't be said about Descartes and Leibniz.

But I'm saying it about that list of hacks, specifically. What serious philosophical contributions have they made?

Er, you forgot Sam Harris.

Again you could say that about philosopher when you set down vague amorphous goalposts.
I for one consider Zizek's perspective of ideology to be invaluable in understanding progressions of thought and politics

>I for one consider Zizek's perspective of ideology to be invaluable in understanding progressions of thought and politics

It was hardly groundbreaking, but I suppose small minds need small thinkers.

Has anyone actually read The Moral Landscape? I saw it in a Waterstone's philosophy section the other day.

...Deleuze is the only good one here.

rei koz

>no heidegger
how queer

im on no fap and want a cock up my ass so bad

This is like a kid writing an essay for the SATs and he just starts throwing big words in to fill up space and hopefully impress the judge.

>Plato
>Aristotle
>Augustine
>Aquinas
>Descartes
>Kant
>Marx
>Nietzsche

Absolute game changers

Nofap isn't accounted for fags. Of course it'd just put you into homoheat.

kojeve and strauss

Schoppenhauer

Heidegger, Witty, Russel, maybe Deleuze. Nobody else is really worth shit in the 20th century.

>Ruselel
Lmao

I'm doing it because I don't know for sure if I'm a fag