Any meds students here? I bought this, why did the manual say I can wear it for only 3 hours a day...

Any meds students here? I bought this, why did the manual say I can wear it for only 3 hours a day? During those 3 hours I'm straight as an arrow but as soon as I take it off I'm back to being Quasimodo. Well not instantly but in like 30 minutes. I've had this shit and went by the manual for a month. Can I just wear it for 8 hours instead?

If you want good posture you should probably consider working out to complement that thing, whatever it is.

t. not a med student

How does Veeky Forums keep their posture decent? I can't study without slouching over the book in a comfortable position, and it doesn't help that I spend a lot of time on the computer as well. How often do you work out and is it intensive?

Get a better chair

A lot of us don't slough over a book I don't think

Source?

I think I want to buy one too

It's an orthopedic belt for back, look it up from there. I bought it from a clinic.

isn't that shit pretty counterproductive in the long run because your back muscles don't work and so get weaker instead of stronger?

you definitely need exercise along with it

Is doing stretching, pushups, squats and situps enough? I just want to be able to sit and stand straight without fucking dying from exhaustion.

You're never going to have better computer posture unless your setup is ergonomic.

That means proper chair height, keyboard height, armrest height, monitor height, more or less

what about standing ?

what about walking ?

That's probably even better.

That's probably even better.

I actually know a guy who doesn't have a chair. It's his method of not 'overusing' a pc.

Deadlifts

Stretch your pecs daily and do pull-ups.

More pullups, less pushups.

Holy shit

The future is slouching in tiny cubicles, dont fight evolution OP, humans are changing.

this guy knows what's up

diddylifts, squats, presses and rows

>do you like walking?
>do you like shitposting in four dimensions?
>then order our exclusive, all new, stand-up-desk-with-treadmill-and-person TODAY
>call 0800-SHIT-POST, and receive a set of trolley wheels for you desk FOR FREE
>(person sold separately)

>keeping healthy while performing remote brain surgery, tackling urgent CDC statistics, and keeping an eye on the stock markets at the same time

I go bouldering. I've had a bad back for quite a long time because of an old injury, and it plays up every now and then because I sit a lot for work. Since I've started going bouldering, it hasn't bothered me anymore. My back feels amazing all the fucking time. Plus, bouldering is fun as hell.

I've read that if you have scoliosis you can't do any vertical strength exercises, but how the fuck do I ignore pull-ups?! How in the fucking hell NOT doing exercises for back strength is better for your back than FUCKING DOING THEM?!

So much bullshit around this thing and so little seems to be known I don't know who to believe.

Same for bridge and handstand push-ups.

just stand up straight on your own. i've been doing it for 25 years, no back pain

I die from exhaustion. I can't do it.

> just regenerate whatever damage you have and ignore the laws of physics
Thanks.
Autistic fucking moron.

Do it until you feel like you'll die from exhaustion, at least once a day. Try to last longer and longer. Simple but hard

Go to the gym and do reverse hyperextensions until they become easy as fuck, then do them while holding a 45lb plate

But user how do I concentrate on whatever the fuck I'm doing when I have to use so much strength on sitting and standing straight?

Use whatever you're doing as a distraction from the workout burn. Or just keep making excuses and being a little bitch and
>never improve

How the fuck am I supposed to study material that is hard even without distractions?