Philosophy is the most pointless shit ever

>can't rationalize faith in God, realize life is intrinsically meaningless, become Hedonist
No girls want to fuck me, too autistic to have consistent access to drugs
>decide there must be a greater cause to existence, good and evil, become Idealist
See the parallels between this and belief in God, the inability to rationalize its existence and the abuses perpetrated by its founders and believers
>believe that life is bizarre and absolutely meaningless, decide to make the most of it while I'm around, become Absurdist
Can't ignore my suffering and the suffering of others, can't pretend to be uninterested in injustices in the world

Basically, philosophy is a shit meme, we shouldn't waste our energy thinking about it, and we should numb our brains as much as possible to handle life's misery without falling for another trap.

K

>Philosophy is the most pointless shit ever
But user, you exist.

And? What does it matter if we can prove we exist or not? This existence is pretty shit, masturbating over the definitions of existence doesn't have any practical value in people's lives.

Please stop making these threads.

Dont blame philosophy for your autism

No, I meant that you are the most pointless shit ever.

The irony is that the proclamation of meaninglessness is in itself meaningful.
Life is about realising meaning in a wholly meaningless world. You just have to step outside the human point of view to see it.
Misery is a burden of our own creation, grow up.

I don't blame philosophy, I blame existence, and philosophy is a fool's attempt to justify it. It is a waste.

No arguments from me.

We did not create misery. Misery describes conditions that occur naturally: hunger, loneliness, pain, loss. Telling somebody to "grow up" when they acknowledge this is some infantile shit in itself.

Maybe you should stop watching "School of Life" youtube self-help philosophy. The point of philosophy is not to fix your life.

>and we should numb our brains as much as possible to handle life's misery without falling for another trap.
>ends post with a statement expressing his own philosophical perspective to us

What did he mean by this?

I don't know what "School of Life" is but your statement is ridiculous. Many philosophies began as determinations of "how to live", and the schools that don't care about that are utterly useless.

you are being a philosopher right now, you can't escape from it.

But you are philosophizing right now

Let me rephrase my OP: we should stop thinking about the nature of existence, and we should not think about philosophy at all, in any form.

Did you not make claims such as life is meaningless and that to find reason within life is inherently futile? Isnt the acknowledgement of misery a meaningful statement after all?

Don't just spew out contrarian nonsense just because you feel a natural inclination towards negativity.

Maybe what you really want to say is: "I feel depressed and please acknowledge my pain".

> philosophy
Lmao. This is just autistic tumblr-ramble. If you say philosophy is stupid, that just means that your philosophy is stupid.

If bait, 8/10

I disagree, OP. What you need to stop doing is looking for some "ist" to define your way of thinking, and design for yourself a moral philosophy. Try thinking for yourself.

You could dismiss any philosophy as being biased by its creators' emotions, in any case "misery" is not a philosophy I came up with; it's a fact of life. I wasn't being contrarian, the contrarian is the one who says "ignore misery and just grow up lol." Which is ironically similar to what I'm saying: we should ignore thinking about the nature of existence altogether and stop caring about meaning in the universe or in our own lives. Let's "grow up" and stop wasting our thoughts with this stupid concept called philosophy.

I never claimed to ignore misery, emotions were never subservient to conscious processes, you should know that. But meaning comes from our interpretation of those external inputs and their subsequent emotional consequences, the constrution of meaning takes place whether or not you like it or not, even when you say there is none, even then. and that is the process of philosophy, the difference lies in the fact that some are written down for cultural proliferation while the vast majority of constructs of meaning reside uniquely within individuals.
This distinction is what you are failing to grasp, so lets make it easier- when you say that philosophy is meaningless you are still comitted to philosophy, its defnition isnt something you can change and tailor to suit your selfish assertions, whatever their ultimate purpose are.
You are like the hamster on a spinning wheel connected to a revolving backdrop, get what I mean?

that's literally saying that thinking about things is pointless.

philosophy means:Stop ,take a break and think for a second,will ya?

user BTFO
HOW CAN HE EVEN RECOVER

Or the dog smelling its own ass, not knowing that the thing that smells so good is in fact its own shit.

There is no meaning in experiencing an emotion. Small, inconsequential things can provoke us to the point of anger, which then fades after some time. Was this because of a construed meaning behind the emotion, or did the emotion simply come and go? The latter, but I would also say that it doesn't fucking matter. Just because you have a feeling, or a thought about the material world does not mean you imply anything has meaning.

I should have said moral philosophy or a code of ethics is pointless, since most people in this thread are saying "every thought and emotion you have is philosophy hurr."

The denial of meaning is still a philosophy of meaning, get it into your head

Technically yes, and only because, obviously, I philosophized to get to that conclusion. But that same conclusion is that I, and everybody else, should stop philosophizing. Nobody in this thread is addressing my conclusion, only pointing out how I used philosophy to get there (no shit). It's like calling antitheism a religion. The lack of philosophy is not in itself a philosophy; I am merely advocating that we strive for that.

How do you reckon we get to that then you little dipshit hahaha
And please explain why we should prevent people that do find it meaningful from exercising their passions?

>No girls want to fuck me

We get to that by realizing what I laid out in this thread. If you call that philosophy, good for you. It doesn't change the conclusion's adversity towards philosophy.

Show me one time where I was bitter or resentful towards an entire group of people. Not everybody who is celibate is a misogynistic retard. Believe it or not, some people are just unattractive and undesirable

Stop these shitty threads

I tell people im a philosopher and then I look cool to them. fucking love it

>Life is about realising meaning in a wholly meaningless world.

[Citation Needed]

>rationalize
There's your issue.

Absurdism is God enjoying a human existence

>>Basically, philosophy is a shit meme, we shouldn't waste our energy thinking about it, and we should numb our brains as much as possible to handle life's misery without falling for another trap.
So, that's your philosophy.