I just ordered 18 tins of Crown Prince smoked oysters in cottonseed oil, but just found out it was a product of China

I just ordered 18 tins of Crown Prince smoked oysters in cottonseed oil, but just found out it was a product of China.

I did a little research and apparently they are the oysters are only harvested in Chinese territorial ocean water, and promptly shipped over and processed in the US.

How potentially dangerous is the ocean near China and is there any other real risk I'm not considering? What's you guy's opinion?

IT'S SAFE IT'S SAFE CHINEE EXCELLENT QUALITY

>How potentially dangerous is the ocean near China and is there any other real risk I'm not considering? What's you guy's opinion?

ANCIENT CHINESE SECRET

if you're worried about environmental toxins you have no business eating oysters period.

It's chinese seafood...

Rule number 1...NEVER eat chinese sourced seafood...

Rule number 2...NEVER eat chinese sourced ANYTHING...

Your welcome...

>Cottonseed oil

I know you're supposed to drain the oil, but I've always been apprehensive about packed seafood in anything besides olive oill. Am I just memeing myself?

Also OP if the product didn't ship yet you can probably cancel the order.

CHINESE OYSTEL IS EXCELLENT FOL HEALTH LONG LIFE FOL WHITE MAN PELFECTLY SAFE

Give one to your neigbour's dog and see. If doge die then send doge to China in exchange of refund for your tins.

Fuck, I love oysters though.
And I'm not too worried about natural, environmental toxins, it's more Chinese pollution and poor management when it comes to food products, unless that's what you're getting at.

I've never heard that before, is it the oil that carries most of the toxins or something?
I actually just received them yesterday, I order them through Amazon, but I don't know what their return policy is. Something I'm gonna have to look into.
Crown Prince sells oysters packed in olive oil, but it's about $15 more expensive and the oysters are from South Korea, which I don't know if they are any better when it comes to handling food tbqh.
What makes olive oil better though?

People typically drain the oil regardless of the type because it's the shittiest quality you can get (the olive oil included), not for any health effects. Cottonseed oil has more omega 6s and saturated fat compared to olive oil, so it IS less healthy, but I don't know how significant the effects would be in the long run even if you ate canned fish every day, which is why I'm open to someone saying I'm worrying about nothing. South Korea literally shares a body of water with China so I don't think the quality would be any better. Avoid anything from China if possible in the future.

you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up

>People typically drain the oil regardless of the type because it's the shittiest quality you can get

Depends entirely on the product you're buying. The cheap stuff will certainly have crappy oil in it. But not every brand is like that. Some use very good oil, but the price is high to match.

Could you give an example? I've found even King Oscar hasn't had a significant olive flavor to it like a good olive oil does.

the stuff I'm talking about is very expensive. More than $10 for a single can.

The only one that I can recall from memory is K&K, which is from Japan. My uncle used to get some badass ones when we went on vacation in Spain but I don't remember what the brand name was. They were packed in a very distinctive can--it was round in shape, maybe 6 or even 8 inches in diameter, but very thin.

Does anyone know why canned oysters usually have cottonseed oil and not olive oil?

Cottonseed oil is cheaper than olive oil.

>My uncle used to get some badass ones when we went on vacation in Spain

I just asked him and the brand is Ramón Peña.

He said that the "Ekone" brand from the US is also good for oysters and is more reasonably priced. I haven't tried those though.

thanks

Fukushima + Pacific Ocean seafood = radioactivity

Oysters grow best near sewage outlets, or waters with high sewage content, which probably describes any coastal waters around China that can be farmed. The ones you bought should be great.

Radioactivity + human consumption =/= health issues unless in high doses. Your average bananas probably give off more radiation then those oysters will.

>How potentially dangerous is the ocean near China and is there any other real risk I'm not considering? What's you guy's opinion?

Probably wouldn't eat that shit every day. Especially feeding to kids. I'm 35 and kinda don't give much of a shit anymore... I can see death peeking at me in the distance.

How do we get the masses in the US to realize how great sardines are?

I want canned fish that was caught, canned, and sold on american grounds, damn it

>tfw eating smoked oysters right now
You can't stop me with that china bullshit
I've been eating smoked oysters and kipper snacks since I was a little boy and I will continue until I die my slow painful death

*chinese oyster is exerrent for hearth, rong rife for wite man perfectry safe

ftfy

why the fuck would you eat anything but a fresh oyster? they ship anywhere, live, for like a dollar a piece

A dollar per oyster? Sounds way too expensive for me.
I paid about $40 for these 18 tins, which is about 60 cents an ounce, which is significantly cheaper