Are there any fiction books about cooking that will teach me some about the craft and recipes along with a story?

Are there any fiction books about cooking that will teach me some about the craft and recipes along with a story?

Straight up recipe books are kind of boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/11/15/501588281/assassins-steak-tartare-popular-detective-series-gets-its-own-cookbook
youtube.com/watch?v=dpGJ_OOh58c&list=PL664B07DD153F8A9A&index=1
barnesandnoble.com/w/untangling-my-chopsticks-victoria-abbott-riccardi/1112990406
twitter.com/AnonBabble

redwall series

if you like weeb stuff
shokugeki no soma

I heard this on the radio the other day and it piqued my interest in that it's comfy reading books that involve cuisine and cooking.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/11/15/501588281/assassins-steak-tartare-popular-detective-series-gets-its-own-cookbook

Probably try cooking videos. Iron chef is awesome and taught me a lot about using advanced cooking techniques fast and improvising.

>weeb stuff
The show/manga Bartender is actually what spurred my thought process for this thread.

It is a MANGA so maybe not up your alley, but addicted to curry is a pretty fun one. Shokugeki no Soma is good too, but I kinda forget how much they do on recipes.

whats it like? would you reccomend?
i really enjoyed shokugeki no soma

James Hamilton-Paterson, Cooking with Fernet Branca
I never tried any of the recipes in it but the story is really nice and it's good for a few laughs

I found The Zen of Fish to be very good, if a bit weeby.

Dungeon Meshi. Just sub the fantasy ingredients for their logical counterparts.

It's one of my favorite productions. Each episode takes place around a person's troubles and they inevitably end up going to this random bar without a name where a mythical Bartender conjures up a drink that will help them find solace or realize an end to their struggles. Each ep teaches you how to make a new drink and the show has an amazing soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=dpGJ_OOh58c&list=PL664B07DD153F8A9A&index=1

Like Water for Chocolate

Stop starting threads with pictures of women. "Hurr women belong in the kitchen" memes aside, they aren't inherently Veeky Forums related.

"no"

Untangling my chopsticks
barnesandnoble.com/w/untangling-my-chopsticks-victoria-abbott-riccardi/1112990406
Julia child and company

probably a /g/ crossboarder, that's how they start threads over there.

have never been there tho :/

there is a series of books called foxfire. they have alot of south appalachia stuff from stories about the early 1900's to building/making stuff and recipes too. the first book has a chapter called "moonshining as a fine art". you should be able to find a torrent for some of them but the books are the best.

All I want in life is to rub her feet

she is very very pretty

Thanks, she'll be glad to hear it.

>giant feet and hands
>man nose
>died blonde hair
>bony knee caps
>push up bra
>hot dog legs
>freak cupid's bow
'no'
she is everything wrong with society

If you are into fantasy and game shit thena you might be interested in a kickstarter coming this spring from a company called Adventure Scents.
I was a play tester for them this last year. Recipes were pretty basic but they made a game out of it. You basically had to prepare food for an acid Dragon that refused to eat food that was cookef with heat. The book was called the acid test challenge and it was a primer for cooking or pickling with acids. She has others coming as well.
A little out there but it was a fun idea.

Since we're suggesting weeb stuff try Yakitate! Japan if you like baking bread.

said the obese manchild