To any pharmaceutical engineers lurking

>to any pharmaceutical engineers lurking

You fix that shit and you'll have enough money to make Elon Musk suck your dick on your way to your Mars mansion.

Other urls found in this thread:

global.kyocera.com/news/2016/0702_nfid.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Propecia bro. Doesn't "fix" it but it'll halt it for most people; side effect horror stories are an EXTREMELY small amount of people, a majority of which were given a placebo.

Insurance also covers it if you get the larger tabs for muh prostate, just cut them up.

I hope we never cure balding, as it is a daily reminder to me of my genetic superiority to hairless manlets

this

So we need efficient test byproducts blockers,big woop.
If there was money in it people would have done it by now.

>You fix that shit and you'll have enough money to make Elon Musk suck your dick on your way to your Mars mansion.

Unless you post the solution on Veeky Forums, in which case corporations will steal the idea, claim it as their own, and disavow any knowledge of your contribution.

post yfw you realize that Veeky Forums is a way for corporations to figure shit out for free, while not even acknowledging your existence.

>Propecia
>30 day supply $30

>much larger dose Propecia used for prostrate
>30 day supply $5

Let's be honest, nobody in the pharmacy business wants a cure for balding. They want a barely effective extremely overpriced treatment which people need to pay for for the rest of their life. There will NEVER be a cure for baldness because there's no money in it.

it is kind of hard to judge the long term side effects isnt it? I mean we'll see soon enough as unpaid propecia shills begin to age and the people they shill to begin to age. anybody that thinks they know the safety profile of propecia long term is lying and people should be skeptical of claims going either way.

Don't Transsexuals hold a secret as to preventing hair-loss? Why not just borrow their secret, OP?

Hell yeah dude, I've always wanted my penis to be more feminine. Bailey Jay is going bald though, even with sissy hormones.

See, I'm almost sold on the Finasteride but you'll typically read 2-3 reviews of "I'm fine, it works" and then one guy who got acne, a limp dick, crippling depression and brain fog. That last one concerns me the most.

You're probably right, sadly. The mechanism is known, if it hasn't been done by now they just probably don't think it's worth it over what currently exists sales-wise.

No body in the drug business wants to cure anything. The only diseases that are ever cured are only cured if you are rich and can buy an $80,000 regiment of pills.

Curing people puts them out of business but so does the Rich dying.

"All" it does is increase circulation via a mechanism related to those side effects you mention.

>t. man with zero knowledge of medicine.

Relax. The Japanese have fixed it.

global.kyocera.com/news/2016/0702_nfid.html

Efficacy already demonstrated in rodent model.

Clinical trials begin in April 2018 in Kobe, Japan. Japan has an accelerated approval process for medical interventions involving autologous cells, so this could receive approval for the Japanese market by 2020 if the clinical trial demonstrates safety and efficacy as expected.

they already have something in the UK... but its going to take like 5 years before it gets approved for sale :D

they tried it on mice...

I think some here might be underestimating how difficult a permanent cure could be. Considering that is a gene linked ongoing function. Kind of like how no hormone therapy is not one and done.

>Balding since 20
>worst in my family
>look awful when completely bald
>look awful when grow some hair
>had hope that I would come out of my shelf in mid 20s when I was a teen
>my ego can't bare treatment
>will probably die a virgin
Fun times.

It's obvious we can't change the genetic component of it. I'm okay with long-term treatment but one that is effective, unlike Minoxidil and one that doesn't fuck you up like Finasteride. Ideally it should probably be some sort of compound that combines the method of delivery of Minoxidil, locally and the pharmacokinetics of Finasteride, well not an enzyme inhibitor but a DHT-receptor antagonist, I think they're used to treat prostate cancer. Applied locally it shouldn't interfere with plasma levels of DHT too much so you don't get side effects. I'm probably missing something though, it seems too simple to not have been figured out already.

I feel you, both sides of my family are balding, my paternal grandpa had his hair till he died at 70 though and I'm on a bunch of shit that can affect hair negatively and it's still not that bad so I have some hope. Just get jacked as fuck honestly.

Is there anything beyond sexual side effects and how much of that stems from poor self-image?

I'm convinced no one cares about baldness except people who are balding. It's a selfesteem issue and no one else gives a shit.

Worrying about it shows you're a manlet on the inside.

I'm talking about Finasteride. Are there any negative side-effects to long term use that aren't just sexual-side effects and as far as the sexual side effects, is there any evidence that they're actually real?

Kind of jumped the gun, there. My bad.

I'd still like to know if anyone feels as I do. I haven't actually been polling anyone about it.

Is this legit? I read about it a year ago and it said the same, never has changed. Dont play with my feelings.
Yes. People who wants to become fucking multibilionare. Imagine if you get a real solution. More than half population would pay for it at least one time of their life.

5-alpha-reductase has many more functions than simply converting T->DHT. Namely, it is responsible for the production of many important neurosteroids like Allopregnanolone. Taking finasteride almost completely depletes allopregnanolone levels, to a degree much more severe than its inhibition of DHT. If you look up allopregnanolones effects, they include: "..antidepressant, anxiolytic, stress-reducing, rewarding,[20] prosocial,[21] antiaggressive,[22] prosexual,[21] sedative, pro-sleep,[23] cognitive and memory-impairing, analgesic,[24] anesthetic, anticonvulsant, neuroprotective, and neurogenic effects"

5-ar is way too important to be inhibiting for cosmetic purposes.

>You fix that shit and you'll have enough money to make Elon Musk suck your dick on your way to your Mars mansion.

We're basically like haberdashers, but in the age of interstellar exploration.

Worrying about it is kind of normal man, especially when you're really young and you see your appearance changing drastically week by week. The true test of manhood is whether you can learn to get over it and become a deeper, more developed person as a result of this dilemma.

*rolls eyes*

preventing baldness is easier that reversing baldness.

The androgenic physiological response is to thicken the scalp, which starves the follicles of circulation, thus killing them off...

So something as simple as regular brushing has been anecdotally demonstrated to arrest the process by keeping the scalp supple...

>anecdotally demonstrated

shave your head; for easy application, combing saw palmetto with a 'carrier oil' such as almond, macadamia, ... there's next natural DHT blockers...

>alternative medicine

If self-esteem issues didn't matter plastic surgery wouldn't be worth billions. For me it's just something that reminds me I'm getting older, even though I'm only 20. Given my family history I am well aware that *sometime in the future* I'm gonna go bald. It really isn't that easy to deal with when it actually happens. I made the thread mainly because I've had the attitude that if something is fixable we should fix it.
This guy gets it.

Don't worry, brah. Hair doesn't make a man more attractive at all so there's no reason to fear going bald.

Yes it's real, there's a partnership between Kyocera, Riken and Organ Industries to get a public release by 2020. It might be awhile before it's available outside of Japan.

Can some of you fucks try this out so I can see whether you get cancer or not before I try it myself?

time to save bucks and go to japan

>See, I'm almost sold on the Finasteride but you'll typically read 2-3 reviews of "I'm fine, it works" and then one guy who got acne, a limp dick, crippling depression and brain fog. That last one concerns me the most.
Every single drug you google with have reviews with general-ass "side effects" like that. Ask an actual dermatologist if you're worried

Brotzu lotion, combined effect of Minox and fin

Wow, you're truly a piece of shit.

Wouldn't spilling freezing cold water on your head be ever more effective at increasing blood flow to the area? Cold showers it is.

Seems like all the hair pills just block converstion of test to DHT and from what I understand DHT is highly androgenic. It not only destroys your hair but also prevents you from becoming a sissy faggot. So if you're not getting the severe side effects from the DHT blockers that means you were a sissy faggot to begin with because you were lacking androgen receptors where it matters -- which is what would make you insecure about balding to begin with. Makes total sense.

People will just go to japan. Plenty of people already travel for cosmetic procedures (usually just to save money; but the incentive will be much stronger for this because it will be the only available treatment that actually 'works'.) The profits will be mind-boggling if the procedure is complex enough that it takes a few years for someone else to figure it out.

>tfw full head or thick brown hair
>tfw dad and grandpa have a full head of hair
You have no idea how smug I am right now