How much does Veeky Forums read per day?

I tend to read 20 pages a day on average. Sometimes it's a lot more but a usual day would be 20-30 pages

>20 pages a day
Not trying to shit on your reading habits, but how do you get through anything reading that little? You must have an enormous backlog.

50~100 pages of whatever book im reading and 20 pages of the bible

120, 40, days before and 90 yesterday
it depends

Same here. Started some Maxim Gorky yesterday and I can only read about 20 pages. My attention span and/or concentration span is so fucked, it's not even funny anymore.

>been busy writing so haven't read anything in six months, except my own work
bad

It depends on what I am reading. If I am reading a biography I can get 100 pages a day easily. If I am reading something dense like Ulysses then around 20 pages because I check other sources and material to make sure I get it all.

I also subvocalise so...

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Veeky Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

i try to get 40+

Generally i read 50-80 a day but I've been reading Gravity's rainbow recently and its quite tiring (but good) to read so I've only been getting like 20 a day

this isnt even a good trole the only triggering part is the "sleepy" part

My bpw (books per week ) is currently around 1. Dont know how many pages.

Accounting for the one or two weeks a day I never get round to reading, it probably averages out at about 50 a day.

100 to 150 pages and half of them are read in public transport or waiting rooms.

Yesterday in the morning I bought Distant Star by Bolano and I read all of it in public transport before midnight.

I try to read for at least an hour per day.

I haven't read a single page since I was 18 (10 years ago) and I still can post on every Veeky Forums thread thanks to memes

What seems to me to be the elephant in the room is the motivation for bragging about having made the switch from "high dopamine" "braincell killing" social media, vidya and so on. The avid reader copypasta seems to suggest that it's exactly this resetting of dopamine (which I guess is a popular trope right now with southpark itself having commented on it).

What's up with these threads anyways. Same nature as "Your favorite W X Y Z" template shit; consumerism, egocentrism, "Agon"? Approval, upvotes and karma?

Why would you share how many "pages" you read anyways? Pages of what ffs?

This isn't about books, not even remotely...

15-20~ pages in english
30-40 or so in hungarian
And a simple magazine article in german to better my knowledge of the language

But depends on the book to be honest.
I can't rush reading Joseph and his brothers for example,but War of the Worlds is a breeze to get trough.
I might read more if I like the book a lot.

truly user you speak verily but it must be made known that I, even I, read one hundred and fifty pages yesterday, a remarkable feat, far surpassing any knave who has made themselves known in this thread thus far

Like, 3 or 4, maybe

My goal is always 100

Depends entirely on the book. Usually 40 pages minimum. But with something easy to read, like Less Than Zero, I can get through it in a day.

What the fuck does this even mean?
No way I can read 100 pages of Ulysses in one day but I can read 100 pages of a play by Wilde I guess

Who the fuck cares? The same book doesn't even have the same amount of pages depending on the edition. Sometimes the difference is tremendous.

None of this amounts to anything

Depends on the book. When I was reading Gravity's Rainbow I averaged about 20 pages a day, sometimes less. Now I'm reading Dune and I got through 160 pages yesterday (though that was abnormal because I was on a bus for about four hours).

Measuring how much you read in "pages" is a rather unsavory practice. It's entirely subjective and thus is a rather worthless metric.

Who cares how fast one reads? Different people read at different paces for different reasons; a grad student doing close analysis of a novel should read slower and therefore more in depth than a casual reader who is doing so for entertainment.

1000, takes me about four hours

I try to read 30,000 words at least

Rec me some hungarian lit written in German from the days of the Empire

I do the same thing. I have a total of 2 hours daily transit from school and back.

I try to get 100 but lately it's been around 50-70

>number of pages read per day is subjective

I don't think you know what that word means.

>Who cares how fast one reads?

OP, obviously. And his interest is not unjustified; if you read at a snails pace and barely read a single book in your life time (as many people do), it's a fucking tragedy. If you read 2 books a day, questions of isolation, fulfilment, and also retention become pertinent.

are you me?

truly this user is egoless and doesn't think himself better than others and doesn't seek the praise and veneration of others, truly humble. truly.

We're talking about volume, not speed.

200-300 on most days. ~100 if it's a particularly busy day.

>one or two weeks a day
>weeks a day
Autismo

Are you a highschooler or a neet?

A liar

What do you want exactly?
A Hungarian writer who wrote in german primarily?
I have no knowledge of such authors.

If you want monarchy era literature:
Jókai Mór's works
Eclipse of the crescent moon

What book are you reading aside from the bible and which bible book you are reading?

Im reading Walden & civil disobedience and just finished started Deuteronomy today

just finished numbers and started deutoronomy

Extreme Veeky Forums NEET reporting.
An average of 200, depends on the book and language. I also outline and write like a fiend.

>Jókai Mór's works
>Eclipse of the crescent moon
noted, thanks user

>not reading a book a day (with exceptions to really long books)

It's like you don't want to be well read til you're like 60

I usually read around 20 per day for harder books, but I was reading 40ish during the last easier book I read