Who is a well-known author that has worse prose than JK Rowling?

Who is a well-known author that has worse prose than JK Rowling?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/10/02/books/review/stephen-king-emma-donoghue-the-wonder.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&moduleDetail=inside-nyt-region-4&module=inside-nyt-region®ion=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you care

E. L. James

Are you kidding me

I am wondering if there is actually anyone worse

Lots of them in YA, Bloom meme crap aside. But yes, the worst best-seller I ever tried to read was that execrable 50 Shades shit. It was unbelievably, hilariously bad, and made Rowling look like Dumas.

Oh come on, the prose isn't great or even good by any means but it's serviceable stuff, nothing that's outrageously or hilariously bad.

post the most execrable HP prose you can find, OP. In my memory it was very clear and consistent. I remember reading those books as they came out and I always finished them in a day or two with good comprehension.

Hegel

Kant too, and Aristotle.

Nearly all recent fiction aimed at teenagers/young adults.

kek

Stephen King is pretty bad. He does this weird thing that when his story gets sentimental he starts using really archaic wording-- I can't think of any specific examples, but the prose reminds me of this awkward crap in the Alcoholics Anonymous book. There's also these parts where he'll make an allusion that someone's feelings or an action is "like an AC/DC riff". The rock n roll stuff, the clunky prose, the cliches, the sentimentally archaic writing is all so bad that he would do better off just trying to do nothing at all, and like JK Rowling, just plod through the writing part to make a plot.

David Foster Wallace is worse than JK Rowling too, not as bad as Stephen King but that he tries to be literary is pretty shocking. I mean the guy loved watching bad television, reading Walgreens paperbacks, and drinking soda-- I've often heard the "write what you know" adage to actually mean "write what genre you know" and the man clearly didn't know how to make art.

>David Foster Wallace is worse than JK Rowling too, not as bad as Stephen King

Why is that not my gf?

>dating a smoker
her pussy will taste like ass

Dumas' prose is basically YA-tier plotbabby

Because you're ugly and boring.

No it isn't, Dumas is considered to be some of the best genre fiction there is. Unless you consider all genre fiction to be YA.

But my mother tells me i'm beautiful....

She also fucked your dad so what does that tell you.

Stephen King.

Thanks for my (You), not really sure what your point is with that post. Like someone mentioned before, her prose is at most serviceable. Do I need to post Wardine be cry?

No but you do need to lurk moar if you didn't get my post.

He was a model before he committed suicide after an accident left him facially disfigured and made him depressed.

>he fell for his mother's lies

Coelho?

Not sure bout brazilian but the english translation is superior to full blown shit tier like King, Harry Potter

Well, I read it in Hungarian and it was awfully self-indulgent, unnecessary longspun and tacky.
Like, I read YA like Darren Shan and it was at least enjoyable. Reading Coelho was a literal struggle that I wanted to end as soon as possible.

im gonna be uncontroversial and say dostoevsky

I found his body hung by his belt in the garage.

Ha!

because he's comparing his chances of multi-million dollar success to authors who aren't necessarily talented. We all do it: "if they can do it, why not me? I think I'm better!"

rest in peace, user's dad.

You know he's spinning in his grave over how his son turned out.

It's a struggle to find one worse than Rowling, but Dan Brown is pretty close.

Have to agree. He introduced me to reading when I was still a child. This year I tried reading The Stand again after mores than 12 years. I just can't stand it. You can notice with every sentence that the author has a certain audience that he wants to entertain. It feels so awful and predictable while reading it.

because that is a picture of a slut

Mess his name David?

nytimes.com/2016/10/02/books/review/stephen-king-emma-donoghue-the-wonder.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&moduleDetail=inside-nyt-region-4&module=inside-nyt-region®ion=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region

stephen king reviewing a book and talking about prose:

>After making my way through several recent novels written in tiresome hey-look-at-me prose (Emma Cline’s “The Girls” comes to mind), “The Wonder” arrived as a welcome relief. Donoghue’s prose is as sturdy and serviceable as a good pair of brogans, but never nondescript. There are occasional flashes of lyricism — “a cloud loosely bandaged the waning moon,” for instance, a line of perfect description couched in perfect iambic pentameter — but Donoghue’s main purpose here is story, story, story, and God bless her for it.

god what a fucking hack I hate him almost as much as I hate gay bradbury

GRRM. Seriously, it's laughably bad.

Don't bring Bradbury into this.

>a cloud loosely bandaged the waning moon
>perfect iambic pentameter
>a CLOUD looseLY banDAGED the WANing MOON

Is there a shittier rhyme scheme than iambic pentameter?

>iambic pentameter
>rhyme scheme
Hi Stephen. Keep trying, you'll get it right eventually.

because Veeky Forums LOVES to shit on the popular stuff. Like potter is worse than twilight and 50 shades combined when in reality it's an OK series with a few flaws that just happens to be super popular because it touches on a lot of points that people can relate too.

Same with GRR, Before the fucking TV show started gaining attention (and doing god knows what with the material) he was BELOVED. Used to be in ALL of the Veeky Forumsrecommendations images. But now that everyone and their mother loves it and fucking jokes about the series get makes on late night talk shows, a bunch of people like to dogpile on it. (usually with an excerpt from Daenerys diarrhoea)

tl;dr OP wants a "gimme a reason to shit on something popular so I can look smart to my friends" thread

You- oh wait, nobody know YOu! jhaha

>Stephen King is pretty bad

a cloud loosely bandaged the waning moon
The actual stresses are "cloud" "loose" "band" "wane" and "moon." But damn, that was fine bait.
>a CLOUD LOOSely BANdaged the WANing MOON

Theodore Dreiser

>not 'A cloud loosELY banDAGED THE wanING moon'

Shatner is that you?

Noice

*STRETCHES LEGS*

Recommendation charts have across the board been one of the lowest points in Veeky Forums history. Whoever makes them has got to be some of the biggest fucking plebeians on earth.

>a cloud loosely bandaged the waning moon
loosely bandaged? what the fuck
what a pathetic attempt at imagery

not true, btw

You know what I meant cunt

Thank you.

No, John.

To all the retards in this thread: Stephen King is leagues ahead of Rowling in terms of writing ability.

This is clearly true just because he doesn't have an amateurish overuse of adverbs

This guy gets it