Do any of you really get the feels when you read picture books?

Do any of you really get the feels when you read picture books?

This one did it for me and Im kind of looking for more

what an emotionally manipulative little book; so cheap and easy to get "feels" out of a parent dying or whatever

My mom read it to me and i read it to my son, its a good book.

>my son
How do you know?

My step dad read it to me and i read it to my wifes son, its a good book.

I was just hit hard with the feels from seeing that thing. Holy shit. Less so from the book's content. Just the memories. I havent thought about that book in so long. Jesus, I love my parents. Sorry.

his mother had been chained to the wall for a while

>a parent dying or whatever
Nobody dies. Did you read it?

of course I didn't read it. I just guessed from the title. I'll take another stab. the kids a little piece of shit but mom will always love it?

The child grows from a rambunctious baby to a boisterous teen, then he leaves the house and starts his own family, but eventually returns home to care for his ageing mother, thus returning all the love and devotion she raised him with.

How many tissues do you need?

jesus you guys are gay.

sorry i'm not a big manly man like yourself reading bokos made specially for toddlers lmao

That one really is more on the emotional manipulation end of things. Pic related is infinitely more Veeky Forums

Sad and unintentionally funny by the author of Goodnight Moon.

Most recent Caldecott is good too.

The fuck he does. He ignores her until she calls to say she's dying, visits her in the hospital and finishes the song together, she dies, then he sings the song to his fucking baby. It sucks.

What i was hoping to see itt

Lies. He carries the old mother upstairs and puts her to bed, then sings the little song to his baby.

>returns to take care of his ageing mother
>For a single day and then she dies
DESU if you dont call your mother and vist her at least once a week your pretty shit

>t. Mama's boy

with mangos, sure.

The feels are strong with this one.

This one gets me too.

I can see where you are getting that, I meant once a year, you know around chrismas time

Makes sense to visit once a year. Still should probably call once a week though just to check in.

yeah thats where I tripped up, I switched call and vist

holy shit I had this book

The Skin Horse's speech always gets me.

I call my parents maybe three or four times a year and visit once.

Does this make me a bad son?

No, but they would probably like to hear from you maybe a bit more.

There are adult picture books as an offshoot of graphic novels. Try some of them.

Start with Panther by Brecht Evans if you want something dealing with contemporary issues, maybe try "This Bridge Will Not be Grey" by Dave Eggers if you want something that's more light hearted non-fiction that makes a great coffee table book when you finish it.

For the record, these adult picture books tend to bleed into graphic novel circles more than anything else. Excluding specific publishers like McSweeneys who run their own stores, you'll mostly find them in comic book shops.

Also, speaking of McSweeneys, The Nosyhood is perhaps a good starting point too. Simple childish story given an adult twist. Cool ideas.