That teenager grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a grown-up man...

>That teenager grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a grown-up man. He left home and got a house across town. But sometimes on dark nights the mother got into her car and drove across town. If all the lights in her son's house were out, she opened his bedroom window, crawled across the floor, and looked up over the side of his bed. If that great big man was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang.

Is this good writing?

It's excellent, I would rate it 5/5 on Goodreads.

It's a children's book. A good one, but a children's book.

A decent way to introduce "the circle of life"/mortality.

>implying its being a children's book reduces its merit

Jesus Christ. Beckett didn't write that. Although he does talk about mothers a lot...

You should post this with a picture of John Green next time, OP.

It evokes a strange feeling of tenderness and sadness. I don't know what it is, but I like it.

I wasn't saying that. I'm saying children's books don't need to have "god-tier prose" or whatever the fuck to be good/valuable.

Yes. Did you write this?

That's only true when it comes to books for children as young as five though. If theyr'e ten or so they can start reading the good stuff

No

>not finishing the meme trilogy before the age of nine

pleb.

Jesus Christ didn't write that post . Although he does talk bullshit a lot...

I agree with you, my good man. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Not a problem, anonabro. Sorry if my post came off as angry. Not my intention.

God that book is heartbreaking. I remember vividly my mother reading it to me when I was 4. Then, years later, I picked it up again but the images, those tender and soft-hearted memories that came up were cast in a horrifying light, something akin to dread and fear, not longing but a perverse melancholy. I almost threw up, because by then my mother had grown old and weary, her concern over my future had wrinkled her brow, and where the fine laugh-lines of her smile had hedged my fondest recollections, they now swelled to a grotesque mask.

This bodes well for future memes

Is this good writing?

does the pope shit in the woods?

do bears shit popes?

This is good who wrote this and link me bitches!

yes