youtube.com/watch?v=bn9elWR13Z4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i couldn't

I couldn't care less
An exaggerated, over the top attempt at being insulting
>OMG I just can't, it's like totes impossible for me to care any less about it

I could care less
Subtle, understated insult
>I don't especially care, I suppose if I put a little effort in I might reach a level of 'meh'.

Please fucking kill yourself.

>irregardless

>could of

>and but so

this.

>this

>off of
>alot
>alright

>proactive

>that that

>French benefits

What's wrong with 1 and 3 you meme

>all intensive purposes

off of is technically incorrect, it's only been normalised by americans

alright is supposed to be all right

>prescriptivism

I believe you mean disirregardless.

What is this supposed to be?

I didn't post it, but I think "friends with benefits" ?

>for all intensive purposes

fringe benefits

Yeah but this says alright is correctly used.

>could of
>would of
>should of

Oh okay I gotcha.
I think I like "french benefits" a little better

it's informal and not recommended

en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/all-right-or-alright

but you said it was supposed to be all right...

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

so its all right to use alright? Alright.

>tfw I got it only after reading this post

A real sentence I saw the other day while grading papers:

>Tree should be look as good not just wood

it's degeneracy

You know what's the worst? When it actually comes up in a TV shows or movies dialogue. THIS GOES TROUGH A HUNDRED PEOPLE HOW DOES NOBODY CORRECT THESE FAGGOTS?

Cute

>it's

>people pronouncing forte as "for-tay" instead of "fort"
Drives me up the fucking wall.
also calling a "Gyros" a "Gyro" THE S IS PART OF THE NAME YOU IDIOT IT ISN'T THE FUCKING PLURAL FORM.

Excessively using "it is" can be even worse desu

>Tour de force.

gyro or gyros. It doesn't matter because its pronounce similar to Yearos. So anyone calling it a Gyro like in Gyroscope is wrong.

it hurts to read

Please forgive me for doing so. Pronunciation isn't my for-tay

I told my music teacher it's supposed to be pronounced "fort". He said you were full of shit.

>Refudiate

Courtesy of Sarah Palin.

i'd read it

for-tay is better though

>thinking the word forte is borrowed from French and not from Italian
>getting mad because of your own misconceptions
kek

While we're on the topic of retardation, though, please stop using "née" when referring to some dude's birth name. That's a feminine form, probably predominant amongst your erstwhile pseuds because of maiden names.

>tomorrow

forte as a musical term is borrowed from Italian
forte meaning best ability is borrowed from French

Source: The OED

It also lists the fortay and the fort pronunciation for both of them but says "formally" for the fort pronunciation of the French borrowing.

>forte meaning best ability is borrowed from French
forte meaning best ability, in French itself, is currently used as borrowed from Italian and pronounced accordingly, to the point that it even gets misspelled with an accent. As to the corresponding native, traditional expression in French, from which English originally borrowed, it is not forte but "fort", in which the t isn't pronounced (no, not even in middle french - before that it was written forz or fors), so that the overcorrecting pedant's attempt at sliding back to the English adoption is itself based not only on ignorant mispronunciation but on a grammatical/spelling mistake. Language evolves and all that but one should avail oneself of the whole story before mounting the pot. Whichever way you look at it, there is here no justification for considering an earlier and worse mistake as a formal standard.

tl;dr use the Italian pronunciation or don't use it at all

tl;dr language evolves but it shouldn't when I don't want it to

Only sterile minded people are interested in that kind of hyper-corrective pedantry.

It's for-tay you absolute spacker.

t. Piano schooled for 8 years.

Every time I post here my browser tries to correct a lot to alot and it's freaking me out

That's precisely my point you blind twat, you either acknowledge the evolution that has already happened or track back to the actual roots of the usage, in which case advocating that particular bit of overcorrection is still wrong. There is no position from which user's autism is justified

>kids Nsync

oh my

reminded me of "hold down the fort" which irritates me to no end

youtube.com/watch?v=GT3vhcy3XaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bn9elWR13Z4

>I swear on my mother's mating name

kinky

What's that one supposed to be?

kitchen sink

Get Ye back to /b frog