Welcome to the thread "say some complex or mind-blowing fact about the human body, human mind or science in general...

Welcome to the thread "say some complex or mind-blowing fact about the human body, human mind or science in general." begin!

women don't have penises

The bacteria on and inside your body massively outnumber your body's own cells

There's a skeleton inside your body right now and when you die it'll escape. That's why they bury you in a coffin, so it doesn't escape.

The average human has exactly one Fallopian tube

We arent the same inside at all

10-12% of people do not have one of the following muscles: palmaris longus, plantaris, psoas minor

Many people have an extra spleen (acessory spleen)

Many people have a large, fused kidney down in their pelvis instead of two seperate kidneys up in the rib cage (horshoe kidney)

A substantial number of people have extra set of ribs off C7 vertebrate

Around 2% of people have a piece of small intestine attached to the bellybutton. In some people they can shit out of it (meckel diverticulum). Others have something similar but to the bladder so they can piss out their belly button (patent urachus)

Around 5% of people have 2 cusps to aortic valve not 3 (bicuspid valve)

Around 15% of people have complete variation in coronary artery pattern. People are either left or right coronary artery dominant and can lead to different symptoms in heart attack

All branches of arteries besides largest named ones are incredibly variable. For instance 25% of people have 4 main arteries off aortic arch not 3. A lot have aorta wrapping around esophagus

True redpill: the brain is so variable that when looking at 2 seperate brains, the only real obvious landmark they share in common is usually the sylvian fissure and longitudinal fissure. All other gyri etc completely variable

Massive variation in circle of willis, many people dont even have or have extra arteries off it. In some people carotids barely supply
Any blood and vertebral arteries do most supply

Thousands of others i have noticed in medicine. Basically we are all very different on the inside, and i am not even sure we are all the same species

Oh ya, Physics and math facts are allowed too.

If you're driving and are coasting downhill and throw a ball up in the air, it will land back in your hand.

Humans can elect a racist stupid meme president for real.

were literally floating in space!

Nice meme, faggot.

D-branes are higher dimensional physical objects that can carry charge, couple to gauge fields, decay, etc. and they are mathematically studied via derived categories of coherent sheaves.

Connecting multiple carnot engines together results in the same efficiency.

That seems difficult to believe. I'm about to do that calculation because if that's true, that's pretty awesome.

Holy shit, that's simple and surprising. How have I never noticed/been told this?

Yeah, I hated Obama

Bump

Bumped

Wrong.

Me too. Fucking bastard. Although his brother is based as fuck.

Goldbach conjecture

>Around 2% of people have a piece of small intestine attached to the bellybutton. In some people they can shit out of it (meckel diverticulum). Others have something similar but to the bladder so they can piss out their belly button (patent urachus)
Sounds painful

This is misleading. If you conect a carnot cycle with a higher diference in temperature, the efficiency will grow.

t. falseflag drumpfkin

My favorite non-meme anatomy fact at the moment:

You can fuck your spinal cord up in such a way that you can be paralyzed and still cum but you can't get an erection.

Need a bump

More like a science history fact, but the guy who represented the atom and its electrons like a mini-solar system was perfectly aware of how unlikely the hypothesis was, but he knew it was a good enough approximation for most of the problems at the time so he went with it.

What the fuck?

all of this is very fascinating

I was reading on biomechanics the other day and was impressed with the variety of shapes that our bones (specifically the hips) can have.

>Bd is a fungus that first attracted attention by wiping out an American zoo's blue dart frogs in 1998
>it is the most lethal infectious disease known to effect vertebrates
>within 6 months of arriving in any given country, half the amphibian species can be expected to vanish
>in 2008, 94 extinct or possibly extinct amphibians had Bd as a likely cause (that's out of about 150 extinct amphibians I know of)
>confirmed 100% mortality rate in multiple species
>several hundred more species are at risk
>frogs rescued from the infected areas are kept in "frog hotels"
>despite the name the stay is permanent--last I checked we don't know how the fungus spreads, other carriers, how long it can survive without a host, etc so any reintroduction, ever, would be extremely dangerous
I wish I was a good enough poster not to resort to greentext but goddamn this whole thing is horrifying.

>complex
>mindblowing
>biology
lmao get out

>many
>many
>substantial

wew lad