What are some books where the author talks about some life wisdom? Total pleb here

What are some books where the author talks about some life wisdom? Total pleb here.

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/The_Guardian
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

War and Peace

The Holy Bible

Read the first chapter of Marx's Capital for free online. Keep going no matter how many words you don't understand.

When you're finished never read Marx again. You should be ready for Zizek at this point. Maybe read one of his Guardian articles if you're still feeling a little shaky on your life wisdom, otherwise purchase or pirate the Parallax View and read it in a sitting (it's short, no excuses). By the end of it, you'll feel a little bit better about your situation and you'll find you have a lot of interesting opinions to share with people who will be impressed (and maybe even attracted) to you.

t. It worked for me

>Anyone being impressed by Marx or zizek

You know publishing articles in the Guardian is actually prestigious and guaranteed to get you laid, right?

You think you can casually quote Nick Land and impress or even interest anyone?

siddhartha.

but ah, wisdom is not teachable.

What a terrible example.

What a fantastic counterpoint.

so... plebs are impressed by pleb shit. Wow

>this just in, anonymous poster on Mongolian Ice Hockey board reveals that he is unimpressed with award winning standard banner of journalistic excellence

Really made me think.

encyclopediadramatica.se/The_Guardian

100% accurate. ^

The only good commie is a dead commie!

>unironically posting an Encyclopedia Drammatica article

Are you a fourteen year old in the year 2007? This is actually embarrassing it's too bad Veeky Forums doesn't let you delete posts anymore. I'd leave the thread if I were you.

>muh intellectualism, muh satire is for dummies
>Can't delete posts anymore

Kek

The Richest Man in Babylon

The Road
The Postman
Fight Club
Rant

On the Road
The Catcher in the Rye
Ham on Rye
The Great Gatsby

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Fear and Loathing in the Campaing Trail
Disregard Females, Acquire Currency - an autobiography, Steve Jobs.

Just finished Catcher in the Rye. Is it weird that didn't get the point?

Ackward moments at hotel's bars, trying to dicover who you are in your adolescent years.

Not a lot more behind it ( just like with On The Road)

You are probably over thinking it.
Or I could be wrong, and it's a big tragedy.

I understood the tragedy side of it (his mental state, viewing everyone as either a flit or a phonie) but it was was recommended to as a kind of self discovery book. I don't understand why. Maybe I am just overthinking it

After that novel Salinger went into hiding and never published again. That book is the factionalized memoir of a defeated man. That's how I approached it.

whoa. Catcher just got so much darker.

The only good commie is a dead commie

Same thing with On The Road.
That book is the farewell to the dying or dead beatnick movement, by a beatnick

>The Conspiracy Against the Human Race
Ligotti

>The Society of the Spectacle
Debord

>The Ego and Its Own
Stirner

>Civilization and Its Discontents
Freud

>My Teaching
Lacan

>The Paris Manuscripts
Marx

>Capital vol. 1
Marx, abridgment by Otto Rühle (or the full version by Marx but its a tome. Chapters 1-3 are the most relevant to your interest)

>Negotiations
Deleuze

>Dialogues II
Deleuze

>Nihil unbound
Brassier

Also Schopenhauer and Nietzsche but I haven't given them an in depth enough read to suggest any particular books (I've tried to keep this list limited to fairly easy to read, shorter books for brevity)