Why is the political right wing more strongly associated with anti-science than the left?

Why is the political right wing more strongly associated with anti-science than the left?

They both contain a lot of anti science shit (pic related for left as an example, anti-vax on the right as an example)
Its just that the left targets the right's anti-science people while the right opts to target pretty much anything else.

ask /pol/, they know their stuff

Everyone who involves himself in politics should kill himself. We should have a competent and permanent committee composed of people who studied how to do this to make all decisions and that's it.

But economists know nothing about economics and only exist to rationalize the oppression by the bourgeoisie. I should know as I have been oppressed by making less than the CEO even though both of our jobs are about answering phone calls.

Because it's run by a bunch of idiots.

Why do you think the left is associated with universities? Because that's where all the non-idiots end up.

Only retards fail to get private sector jobs

Because the political left are the ones defining the terms.

Have you ever been to a university, user?

Because the right has always been associated with primitive ways of thinking such as misogyny, homophobia and such

user-kun, is this bait?

Probably because of the influence, or need to appeal to, the Christian right.

Anti-vax is extremely left wing

it's liberal. liberals can hardly be considered left wing unless you live in the US and its extremely right wing parallel universe

I bet you believe marxists aren't useful idiots

Because traditionally the left was about being progressive and the right was about trying to maintin what we already have.

When science tells us something, the left agree and try to push the change, and the right resist.

by anti-science you mean anti-evolution, or in a more positive light pro intelligent design.

I'm a leftist that supports nuclear power.

Being left or right has nothing to do with it. It's about willful ignorance and whether or not people buy into fear and media hype.

What does science tell us about trannies and vaccines?

More research needed for the former and extremely beneficial for the latter.

I also don't understand why right-wing is associated with anti-science that much. Should we remember how much Nazis contributed to medicine and other science? Or that engines for rockets which were sent to space 20 years later were invented by Nazi scientists as well?

Leftists just usupred what we can call "throne of science" with their strong brainwashing propaganda, because we can't hear any right-wing propaganda since 1945. The only exception is religious propaganda which is now called "right-wing".

>Nazis were right-wing
It doesn't work like that bro

Conservative values on average impedes on progressive methods and technologies.

This is because conservativism is based on maintaining the status quo for the sake of maintaining a stabilized system as long as feasibly possible.

When you inject this into culture, religion, politics and business all in one general wave or multiple you get movements that are highly volatile to any attempt to disrupt this stabilization by introducing new or foreign conditions.

The right is more closely associated with religion, and religion has historically been anti science.

Your implications are that modern right-wingers want to associate themselves with Nazis and that right-leaning mass media doesn't exist. Thinking, informed people don't take those notions seriously.

Because the right wing is infested with buffoons who think in order to defeat the left (people with a tendency towards 'theory') they have to turn towards anti intellectualism.

This is retarded for a variety of reasons and has served to be the downfall of conservative movements for centuries.

I was under the impression that gender dysphoria was classified as a disorder both in ICD-10 and DSM-5. Sure, I'm for further research, but leftist denial is making it really fucking difficult.

You should also try explaining the benefits of your kid not getting TB or diphtheria to some Green vegan free spirits. Believe me, I've tried. They also thought taurine comes from bull semen. For every creationist dumbass theres a liberal idiot that's just as bad with the added benefit of hurting other people because of their beliefs.

Not every liberal is a "crazy vegan free spirit." That's typical right-wing demonization. You'll find a lot of people on the left are pro-vaccine they just don't shout as loud as the idiots.

uninformed bystander here

it seems in america, in particular, the (further) right party's vote comes largely from the bible belt and the older generation

so to keep these votes the (further) right will bend over to appease them

the influence of christianity and judaism on such a large and advanced nation is interesting

people who study politics tend to be incredibly greedy and retarded. you know this.

Antivax is left leaning in europe, but fortunately less popular than in th US. Also all that new age hippy bullshit: kangzology, astrology, crystals, aloe vera, acupunture, weed lmao is strongly left wing

yeah, totally the far-far-far-HITLER-right wingers

Because right wingers get paid by big business to ignore science. Just look at climate change denial, that is almost completely a right wing concept.

Its the old "Republicans fall in line, Democrats fall in love". Right wing thinking(deference to authority) encourages falling in line and groupthink. That's why theres so much more diversity and infighting on the left side, because there is a wider range of opinions and perspectives.
The fact that climate change denial, vax denial, etc is not a dealbreaker to most right wingers in this country is all you really need to understand.

There ARE strong arguments for being anti-nuclear.

The left is anti-science because they are afraid of big industries, the right is anti-science because they are afraid of science.

None of your claims are founded on anything. There is diversity and infighting on the right. "Cuckservative" was coined by right wingers. Alt-righters are disavowed by neocons. Left-wingers defer to authority all day long. If you think that the entire left is devoid of groupthink, you are seriously a helpless moron.

>Right wing thinking(deference to authority) encourages falling in line and groupthink
yeah man it's not like the left are currently banning all sorts of opinion across europe or anything

they are not anti, they invest in the collapse of the pseudo bubble