What's the True Detective of literature?

What's the True Detective of literature?

The King in Yellow, obviously.

true detective was just a generic mystery story with some subtle hp love craft, southern gothic elements.
Also more subtle was the organized elite pedo ring that is featured in lots of conspiracy theory

I've watched the first season of TD about 10 times and pic related reminds me a lot of it.
There's aleo the usual names that get associated with it: Chambers, Ligotti, Barron, Lovecraft, Cioran etc.
Maybe also check out Galveston by the show's creator, pretty good crimefic t b h

THE YELLOW KING?

Child of God

The show creators have explicitly said they drew a lot of their ideas for the first season from Lovecraft. Rust is pretty much inspired by The Conspiracy of the Human Race with his pessimism.

>the first season from Lovecraft

wut

That show sucked

>that time a couple years ago when True Detective ended and Veeky Forums was flooded with people asking for anti-natalist recs

Absolutely disgusting.

'ideas for the first season'

>that time last year when season 2 came out and it was pleb filter thus ending the True Detective faggots

Thank you based pizza

Thanks, I don't read so good sometimes

HBO has been shit ever since The Wire ended.

>shows for pseudo-adults who like to watch series because of tits, 'intrigues' and pointless, boastful violence

Yep.

It was pure kino you contrarian piece of shit.

Good directing is wasted on crap content

Weak bait still I bite
To spite you write in delight
Contrarian shite

True Detective script

i bet you actually read for the plot too

It got me really bummed that true detective ended, I thought season two was pretty brilliant so to see it fade like that was really disheartening.

So, why did they worship the Yellow King?

Well season 2 blatantly ripped off James Ellroy's The Big Nowhere, so probably that.

Season 2 was stylistically nothing like season 1

True.

just read Galveston by Pizzolatto

/thread