Any hot sauces that actually taste good and aren't just dude lmao singe your asshole the next day?

Any hot sauces that actually taste good and aren't just dude lmao singe your asshole the next day?

Gringo Bandito is pretty good.

Tapatio is pretty fucking tasty m8.

I like the taste, but one drop most assuredly does NOT do it. That stuff's got no kick at all. Still good for fried chicken though.

Make your own. Just made some green chili sauce (hatch, jalapeno, anaheim, poblano) with kiwis, tomatillos, garlic, onion, vinegar, and honey. Real good slow burn to it.

Siracha

their garlic and herb is GOAT dipping sauce

I use their extra (extra)? hot for hot sauce

Make room for the best sauce.

>Tabasco's retarded cousin.
really?

Can you post the recipe/procedure? That sounds good

Apparently Secret Aardvark is amazing and a bit hotter than sriracha. Picking some up tomorrow to try actually.

I always suggest Secret Aardvark to people. You can get it on Amazon. It's more of a ketchup-esque deal than like Cholula or something.

Crystal actually tastes decent though

I always loved Texas Pete. That stuff is basically ketchup for me at this point

This Texas pete is the best "mainstream" hot sauce, it's sold in grocery stores all over the country and shit.

It's watered down Tabasco.

We have this conversation way too often here...
Store bought camps are like this:
1. Garlic first--Sriracha....but the PERFECT texture; like ketchup
2. Vinegar water....everything else...all those small bottles and shit

There should be a hybrid, but there just isn't.

Not in a salsa, not in a can, not in a bottle, not in a XXX HOOOLYYY SHHIIIIT DUUUDE sauce. It's either garlic hot, or vinegar hot. The question is twofold, then--what are you pouring it on? If you have a wrap and pour Dave's Insanity Sauce on a bite...vinegar water gets everywhere--down the wrap, on your hand...on the table...and then you taste salt, then vinegar, then heat. If you opt for Sriracha...then you get a thick pour, but hello garlic! Garlic and garlic and garlic and then heat. So start with Sambal Oelek as a base. Wanna get fucked up? Add canned serranos. Blend, of course. Too hot? Add diced tomatoes. Fuck all the hype...make your own shit.

I've seen you rec that a couple times. I'm gonna order some. It better be goddamn good

desu pic related and texas pete for me

My go to hot sauces,

Cholula

Sriracha and their chili paste shit

Franks

Depends on the dish or recipe. Frank's usually for something that calls for a vinegar based hotsauce, or some chip dip recipes I make. Sriracha for sauces, on some things like burgers or the obvious teriyaki/Chinese food, or anything I want a lot of garlic and decent amount of heat in. Cholula is my go to for finished meals, always love it on eggs be it fried, over easy, poached, scrambled or omelettes, sandwiches, burgers, I've used it alongside the sriracha chili paste with some whole ground mustard and Worcestershire and spices to make a steak sauce before.

The real shizzle

>
I like you

Pretty simple, really. I like to do things like pure hatch, or mango chipolte, but my roasted hatch green chilis were running low so I got a bunch of jalapenos, anaheims, and poblanos.

>Roast chilis, tomatoes, garlic, and onion on the stovetop (or grill, or on a sheet pan in the broiler) rotating until nice and blackened.
>puree in the blender with fruit, green onion, mushrooms, vodka, vinegar, honey, and whatever other spices or herbs you want to put in
>put it on the stove to cook the booze out and marry the flavors, use this time to adjust salt, pepper, honey, vinegar, and other flavors (you can add a dash of worcestershire or soy for more glutemates)
>At this point, you can either let it sit in the fridge to marry up some more, or continue to the next step
>using a spoon separate the liquid through a fine mesh strainer
>add back pulp to desired consistency
>bottle, save pulp

Used the pulp last night for some white bean chicken chili, probably will use the rest on making some pork rib posole tomorrow.

Melinda's is the best blend of flavor and heat on the market.

I'll give it a shot, thanks