Pyramids

>pyramids
>egyptians could not build them in {current year}

>easter island
>closest mainland is 2000 miles away and when we got there we just started to sculpt statues

>nazca lines
>can't be seen from the ground
>whale in desert
>spider from amazon with details only seen with microscopes

I don't say aliens, but the official stories given are improbable af. When do you question science?

Other urls found in this thread:

unexplained-mysteries.com/viewarticle.php?id=218
survive2012.com/nazca-lines-introduction/
survive2012.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree

>>pyramids
Yah dude like how in the fuck could it be possible for thousands upon thousands of people to haul giant rocks from miles away and stack them on top of each other over the course of several years like that's just fucking impossible right?? hahahah

Baalbek monoliths are much more impressive than the pyramids.

*with primitive tools and building techniques

exactly. Not just how but also why. Even if you accept it as feasible (manpower, stones, food, housing etc), why would anyone do that?
On one hand we want to argue these were smart people, yet the answer is almost always some muh religion cop out. Does not add up.

What is so difficult about the Nazca lines? They literally just have to make a model, then scale it up using lengths of rope to keep the measurements consistent. It's not the easiest thing in the world but it's hardly impossible given the level of technology the Nazca had.

>spider from amazon with details only seen with microscopes

OK, now I know you're trolling. 3/10 had me going.

>Not just how but also why.

Look at St. Paul's Cathedral, it took almost 40 years to build and is much more complicated than the Pyramids, why did they build that? Simple, to venerate their god. The Ancient Egyptians did the same thing.

well, I read this, but maybe you have more credible sources

unexplained-mysteries.com/viewarticle.php?id=218

also they are best viewed from satellite / flying over them

you could say the same basically about any building

>well, I read this, but maybe you have more credible sources
How do you expect me to find a source proving that there AREN'T details in the Nazca spider that correspond to fine microscopic details of a spider's anatomy? I already posted a picture of the spider geoglyph demonstrating that it is a fairly abstract outline with no visible fine details, isn't that proof enough? Obviously nobody is going to write a paper going out of its way to show that something isn't there. If anything the burden of proof is on you to find a source that actually provides details about what these supposed microscopic details are. As it stands, it seems pretty clear that this is just something someone made up on the spot to corroborate their theory

>they are best viewed from an airplane

I bet they built them so their sky gods could see it.

>*with primitive tools and building techniques
Stacking rocks on top of each other is probably one of the simplest ways to build a massive building. It's not at all unbelievable that these people would think of doing such a thing. All you need is the manpower to move the rocks and possibly some plan to get them on top of each other.

>why would anyone do that?
People at the time believed in the soul and the afterlife. Pharaoh wants the trip to the afterlife to be as comfy as possible. Builds a tomb.

>yet the answer is almost always some muh religion cop out
But that's literally why they did it.

But yeah it was totally the ayyyyyyyyyyyyyliens.

>On one hand we want to argue these were smart people, yet the answer is almost always some muh religion cop out. Does not add up.
Back in those days it was in vogue for smart people to be into religion. The people who designed monuments and fixed the calendar so that religious festivals would correspond with the equinox were the holy men. Do you really think that the priests are going to be the stupidest caste? No, the stupidest caste would be the farmers. The priests were the smart ones.

It is identified as a rare 5mm spider. You are the one making things up on the spot, unless you give more credible evidence.

survive2012.com/nazca-lines-introduction/

It has been mentioned by other researchers that many of the creatures represented are not native to the area. The most striking example of this is the 45 metre long Spider. It was identified as a member of the rare genus Ricinulei, which is only found in the most remote and inaccessible parts of the Amazon Jungle. These spiders are only 5-10 mm in length. One leg is noticeably longer – it is a protrusible tube, and at its tip is the spider’s reproductive organ, normally only visible with the aid of a microscope.[2]

[2] The Marshall Travel Atlas of Mysterious Places, Marshall Editions, 1977, p98, first determined by Hawkins, Beyond Stonehenge, Arrow Books, London, 1977

you are just handwaving away the details, but look, if you can always agree with the official narratives I guess good for you.

>rare genus ricinulei

>As of December 2011, 58 extant species of ricinuleids have been described worldwide, all in the single family Ricinoididae.

Wow, what a RARE and elusive type of spider! Also, as someone from Peru I can tell you that while the Andes were hard to traverse, it was entirely possible since we have ample archeological evidence of rare Amazon feathers at many digsites in the desert. The ancient Peruvians were not cave-dwelling troglodytes, they were an ancient civilization with cities thousands of years old.

Im more entertained by the link he provided

>survive2012.com
And its actually kinda sad, with whoever wrote that shit saying
>pls wait, any minute now SHTF
>im super serious guys!!!!
>dont leave me, this blog is all i have

I bet the next one will be from
HowToSpotTheLizardHumanNextDoor.com

>Give It Another 6 Months (at least)

>I know what many people are thinking – yet another doomsday prophet trying to milk it a little bit more…

>Nothing could be further from the truth – I don’t want a tragic result – and I’ll be well pleased if this marvelous world continues along its relatively happy journey.

>It’s not a case of being proven right or wrong, be it for myself or the ancient Mayan civilization. For me it is about tricking/fooling/convincing people into preparing for the worst, just in case. Regardless of 2012 it is probably the best thing you will ever do for yourself and family. Obviously the shock and awe of Dec 21, 2012 has past. So I won’t be putting as much effort into this mission from now – but hopefully enough people have become preppers to make my prior work worthwhile. Read more in my blog post about why I feel that until mid-2013 we could still be in danger…

The way he uses caps on anything DANGER related is kinda cute and sad at the same time.
Kinda like a puppy with wheels instead of back legs

>attack the credibility of the source when evidence is provided

like clockwork. That site cites the book.

you entirely (maybe deliberately) missed the point of the thread, I was asking whether there are any instances when you question science / wikipedia explanation.

Guess using the alien guy image was too much to handle.

>When do you question science?
Science should never be questioned because science is the absolute truth.

Not him, but you were asking for it with that pic and the ebin "question science" phrase. Science works by fitting the best explanations/solutions to a problem. Unless you have a better explanation of what happened and can support it with evidence, much like the current explanations provided in this thread for all of these "problems" you perceive, then there's nothing to discuss. And no, aliens is not a better explanation than humans doing it for religious/spiritual reasons in an age when only religious/spiritual motives for living reigned.

There's nothing to indicate ayys in an any part of human recorded history, so you might as well pick another topic to do "research" on. Now go summon a demon or whatever it is you do in your /x/ cabal.

you are focusing too much on the supernatural.

Best explanation is pretty much subjective, which is the whole point of the thread and is a perfectly valid question imo. There are competing theories after all.
Of course, when you decided no alternative explanations are good for you, then there is really no point in discussion. I'm afraid no memedrive for you.

There are indeed competing explanations, such as the idea that maybe the Nazca had hot air balloons, or that the lines mark the sites of underground aquifers.

"Aliens," is not in this category of plausible explanations. You would need extraordinary evidence to justify bringing aliens into the picture, such as some sort of residual adiation signal, a tool or other artifact composed of an alloy that wouldn't be available to ancient Peruvians, or the remains of an organism of clearly extraterrestrial origin. "The lines look kind of like this tiny spider" in no way fits into this category of extraordinary evidence.

>"The lines look kind of like this tiny spider" in no way fits into this category of extraordinary evidence.

according to you. To me it sounds more plausible that there is more to them than just a bunch of cavemen doing it for the lulz. Nevertheless I never said it was aliens.

Also, it is not about pissing on my opinion I'm asking what are some scientific statements YOU find impossible to believe.

actually pyramids could have been built using pulleys and an internal ramp found within all pyramids and until recently the purpose of such was unknown.

however, I believe aliens are indeed here and Jesus was a hybrid

;)

The Nazca weren't cavemen, they were a developed society with trade, a book-keeping system, crafts such as woven cloth and pottery, and a caste system.

But anyways, as far as things I find hard to believe, well there is nothing I flat-bed deny, but I feel like extrasensory perception may be a real, albeit subtle and rare, phenomenon. I read a meta-analysis from some statisticians from Cornell where they found a statistically significant but small level of accuracy at predicting random numbers across several studies.