What contemporary political literature has Veeky Forums been reading?

What contemporary political literature has Veeky Forums been reading?

What did you think of pic related OP?

I found it very entertaining but I was somewhat predisposed toward this opinion since I already hated the Clintons. Hitchens is a good writer with an unending supply of clever insults, and he made sure to have the research to support his most viscous broadsides. Unfortunately, as Hitchens admits, the Clintons are very good at what they do, and most of the evidence of their major transgressions (rape, bombing a medicine factory to distract from Bill's latest sex scandal, corruption) is circumstantial.

If you're of the camp that this is less valid than direct evidence, you'll probably be very bored because he spends a good amount of time connecting the dots.

Oh fuck God in heaven he lied about getting blown this is worse than lying about Iraq having nuclear weapons

You are the exact person that Hitchens mocks for most of this book. The problem isn't that he forced parents to talk to their children about oral sex or was the butt of late night TV jokes or disgraced the presidential office (though all those things did happen), the problem is how he handled his infidelity. Rather than just admit what he had done when the evidence was everywhere, he paralyzed the federal government, harassed and threatened more potential accusers, and accidentally committed war crimes in Sudan when his poll numbers were dwindling, killing hundreds of thousands, many of them children.

The lying and oval office blow jobs are just symptoms of the fact that the guy is a corrupt rapist sleazebag war criminal.

Not contempory but I bought a copy of 'from beruit to jerusalem' and am gonna read it once I finish my current book

>corrupt rapist sleazeball war criminal
If you want or expect anything 'better' you're an idealist faggot

>You are the exact person that Hitchens mocks for most of this book

I'm sobbing.

>muh cynicism is for le manly men

Politics is messy. If you don't like that you can happily ignore it.

I feel like a year ago these threads were actually pretty rare; every day now there's at least 10 of them. This board was intensely Catholic and Marxist, now it's all New Atheists (Protestants, basically) and Trump supporters. I feel like I'm in rural Texas or some shit.

You ignore everything you don't like? Fucking child.

>wanting your head of state to not be a rapist child murderer is idealism
Americans, everybody

>(rape, bombing a medicine factory to distract from Bill's latest sex scandal, corruption)
Not one of the two concrete examples you listed actually happened, and I'm sure what you intended by "corruption" is minor compared to the successive presidency. Also, it's funny that you even used "rape" as an example, you are probably the kind of person to downplay all examples or kinds of rape.

>If it's broken then you shouldn't try to fix it
Please never go in to politics

>New Atheists
>rural Texas
If you're just going to whine about the type of people discussing certain books instead of discussing the books themselves, you should at least make the effort to get your stereotypes right

read Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 as the most recent primary cycle was beginning. it was filled with wit and insight, and i noticed a few parallels between then and now. haven't read any political literature since, however.

The fact that you think New Atheism is different from Protestantism is actually alarming. It's the same thing repackaged for people with bad skin and collectively wear a kind of hat.

>Not one of the two concrete examples you listed actually happened,
Everything I listed actually happened, the rape and corruption actually happening more than once
>and I'm sure what you intended by "corruption" is minor compared to the successive presidency.
Bush Jr. was obviously a terrible president beholden to donors and special interest groups, but at least he didn't make it a custom to pimp out the Lincoln Bedroom to those donors and special interest groups. What I mean by corruption is simply the exchange of money for political services and special privileges, and there is no president who did this more often and with such openness than Bill Clinton. To be unaware of the level of corruption that has followed him all the way back to Arkansas is just ignorant.
>Also, it's funny that you even used "rape" as an example, you are probably the kind of person to downplay all examples or kinds of rape.
I absolutely never downplay examples of the head of my country violently raping multiple women, that is your job.

Yes, the Evangelicals of rural Texas are well-known for fanboying Dawkins and defending their atheism from persecution

Politics is for stupid faggots.

No, I suggest you should because you clearly are unable to handle unpleasant realities
Politics isn't broken. That would imply it could function better

I've been reading Paul Hellyer's books

Got money mafia coming in the mail

>I absolutely never downplay examples of the head of my country violently raping multiple women
Yeah, that's my point. When it's Bill Clinton, even getting a consensual sucky from the secretary is violent rape.

I'm sorry your "le manly man" lost an argument to a woman last night but go back to pol.

He didn't lose though, Trump's doing fine.

Meanwhile in reality, Clinton didn't do anywhere near as good as she had to.

>you clearly are unable to handle unpleasant realities
Prove it.

>le politicians should be good people meemay
Qed

>Trump's doing fine

Beleeb meh

You know, this thread is quite the gem in terms that you rarely see such complete autism on both sides outside of /b/. It's the perfect mix of ad hominem and conspiracy theories.

give me a HELL YER !

This
Thompsons analysis of the past political cycles are spot on. I was born in 95, so for me Thompson showed how corrupt the system was then.

Worst proof ever.

Why are you even discussing this issue if you're unaware of who Bill Clinton's alleged rape victims are? Does the sum total of your political knowledge begin in 1998 or something? Do you even know who Juanita Broaddrick is? Kathleen Willey? Paula Jones?

I get that at this point he has about as many accusers as Bill Cosby so some confusion is understandable, but only a mind addled by cable news would jump to Monica Lewinsky as the woman people are thinking of when they discuss his rapes.

>The worst Clinton did was get oral sex from an intern

No.

>Lel I don't care