Who here is into russian cuisine? Such as black bread with mayo. Yum

Who here is into russian cuisine? Such as black bread with mayo. Yum.
I got nothing else to eat.

Boris? Is you?

do communists really eat this?

Yes

christians too, double disgusting eggless version

needs more buckwheat

Russian cuisine is pretty damn good. Shame the Bolsheviks came in and ruined everything.

Anyways here's a pizza I made some time ago. Made it with homemade Khrenovina Sauce (With a red Bell Pepper blended into it to make it a little more mild), Beef Pirozhki filled crust, and topped with cured beef, herring, onion, cabbage, lamb pork and beef Pelmeni, and a whole lot of mozzerella and cheddar cheese.

Smetana and leftover Khrenovina Sauce was used for dipping.

I like pelmeni

Holy FUCK that looks delicious.

Holy shit I need that in my life

Looks like the biggest,fattest cock just nut a big,thick jizz rope all over your slavwich user.

i eat this all the time. works best with dutch mayo, its called fritesaus and it tastes 4500000 times as unhealthy as the german one. sometimes i add cheese and put it in the oven, makes the bread crunchy.

You mean hormone therapy is good for you.

>pelmeni on pizza
my babushka is rolling in her grave

And Slavs wonder why they're the niggers of white people.

Yeah it did dry up a tad, but it was still tasty.

Should have added it on as a finisher along with something to make sure the pelmenis stayed. I used cheese, but I think a sauce of some sort would have been better.

A thin slice of sour black rye with margarine as a side to frikadelle soup is so homey.
>not Russian but close enough

Been looking for a QTDDTOT to post this, couldn't find one so this is the closest. It's about Eastern European cuisine.

I want to make a Borscht. A pretty basic beef borscht. There are a million conflicting recipes on the Internet. Any recommendations for a good Borscht recipe?

Wish I could help, but there are thousands of ways you can make it.

I figure, why not try making it with multiple recipes at first, and then figure out why you liked which ones, or what you want to add or take away from the recipe as well.

I heard that learning how to make fermented beet juice is a good thing to do, but again, double check that bit of info before barreling ahead.

Man i just typed the recipe on the subway ride, ill post it when im home

So i hope you appreciate this since ill typ it out a second time since the first got lost
>beefleg 700g-2kg depending on potsize, 3-4 large carrots, piece of celeryroot,parsley, 3 allspice (a piece of kelp and dried mushrooms improve the broth dramatically),
>sear onion, sweat veg in same pot, add rest to the pot, add water and cook for at least 2h
>fill a seperate similar pot with peeled beets til almost full, a dash of salt and cook for 40min to 2h
>strain both broths and reserve beets and beef
>combine broths and finish with salt and apple vinegar (basically the secret ingredient), youll need more of both than you think but keep tasting
>serve with finely minced garlic,dumplings (even gyoza work well, broth is very strong in taste), a dollop of sourcream, and some reserved beef if you like it in the soup (i prefer it without)

the beet is good as a seperate meal, with sourcream and the reserved beef or as a standalone salad with feta,nuts,greens,garlic,lemon whatever you like

>plov
>khinkali
>chicken cutleti
>russian salad
>smoked fish

Russian food is pretty good

Love me some Russian food hacks.

So your recipe doesn't even have beef or beets in it? I was envisioning more of a thick dish full of huge chunks of beef and beet.

I do appreciate it though, thanks.

I'm not really a Veeky Forums so can you put it in dumber terms? Like what's sweating vegetables? And what do you mean by 3 allspice--thought allspice was a powder?

>To be honest I'm a slavaboo from /k/ who got tired of just fucking around with ushanka, vodka and mosin, and wanted to try other russian culture things

Thank you user.

Dammit Boris, we know it's you.

This is great and I'm making it, thanks

Reread the recipe, both are there. Sweating vegetables means letting vegetables (usually chunked or diced) sit in a covered pot/pan with a little oil or water over lowish heat do that their cell walls become tender, allowing more flavor to come through during cooking.

Allspice in its unprocessed form is a berry, 3 allspice means three dried berries.

Not sure how I feel about herring on pizza, but would try regardless.

Turned out to be redundant with the cured steak, and did take away from the pizza as a whole sadly.

Still, had to try it with it on first.

No I meant that they don't end up in the final product.

So I went and tried to make it. Didn't have half the shit I probably needed. And I wanted the beef and beets in it.

It ended up a little like a normal American beef stew, just really really heavy on the beets. But that's ok. It's very good. Even my sober roommate says it's good.

>I made a shitty beef stew and tried to pass it off as this recipe because idk how to cook

Go back to /k/ faggot

glad to hear, last user explained it, sweating in this context just means adding them to the onions which you seared over high heat to get some color (i forgot to state 2 onions with the broth ingredients, you use skin and all), then when you add the rest you lower the heat a bit to soften the vegetables, once you added the water you bring to a full boil then reduce to a simmer for the cooking process.

so you can add the beets and broth to the soup, add some sourcream, mix it up and youll pretty much have what youre looking for.
I personally prefer it as a clear soup with dumplings but the basics are totally the same. Basically from my version you have most flexibility, but since you have beets that havent taken any off-flavors and some nice legmeat you can also do anything else with it.
i like this recipe so much i made it for christmas appetizer 2 years in a row now.

That's not angie