Is there a worse genre than apocalypse/dystopian fiction?

Is there a worse genre than apocalypse/dystopian fiction?

Yes.

tell me more...

blurrycaraposting

I guess we really were an abundance of Alaskas.

Sci-fi, YA, fantasy the list could go on are all worse desu

holy...i want more

looks fine to me

political memoirs by still-active career politicians, ghost-written and non-ghost-written celebrity memoirs, self-help novels, novelised movies and videogames, most niche erotica, books written by mums wherein they humblebrag about how bad they are at parenting, books which collect columns by click-bait journalists and wind-up merchants

Urban fantasy
Paranormal romance
Steampunk

Horror?

You can do decent post-apo. see Meтpo 2033.
and dystopian fiction usually makes for some of the best sci-fi material.

every celebrity memoir is ghost written

>self-help
I feel like this should be the very first on the list with a big fucking power gap after it.There is NO self-help book that isn't bullshit. It preys on basic fears and emotions we have, like Stephen Fry said: "everyone else attended some secret lesson in which how to live was taught and you had a dental appointment that day" and it exploits that feeling that somehow you have all this potential, there just hasn't been anyone to SHOW you how to tap it.
Even the fucking name is sleazy. "Self help" It's not Self help if it's from some ones book is it? But people wouldn't buy a "You're stupid and this will help you" book. The only way in which it is "self-help" is that it makes the author a whole bunch of money exploiting those who already are at the bottom. Fuck self-help books and fuck people who write them.

I like reading political memoirs for the juicy gossip, fuck you

elf-cuddling fantasy. prithee? PRITHEE?

volume 6 of the chronicles of the fairy dancer elf singer crystal unicorn fuckers. that sort of shit.

Generally has some point or theme, at least

>Boo!!! Ahahahaha!!!!!
Deep themes for sure

Long boring books where nothing of note happens aka Literary Fiction. Even the fucking name is dumb.

Contemporary YA is cancer, the first thing I tell the kids I teach English is to stop reading it and graduate onto something of value

romance that isn't Christian.

Romance

>tfw apocalypse/dystopian is my favorite genre

*applause*

romance
Romance
ROMANCE

Also, erotic literature.

at least romance and erotica are honest about what they are. they aren't pretentious

They are irredeemably shallow drivel.

Dystopians can serve purpose.

The aforementioned categories have no purpose beyond pleb-tier, animalistic fantasizing.