Move in with gf

>move in with gf
>she combines our bokshelves to save space
>donates duplicates
>Organizes them in alphabetical order instead of my preferred method of Genre, period, author (A-Z)
>mfw most of her books are plebshit genrefic and tons of non-fiction about Africa

My patrician collection of memes has been brutalized lads. Worst part is I know she's gonna keep the books if we break up.

What's the best way to organize a bookshelf anyway

How is your preferred method by genre, but you hate genre shit? Do you mean novel, poetry, short story collections, etc.?

I have mine by country of author origin and time period within that.

>not size

just...reorganize them...not that hard dude

Yes. Fiction, poetry, plays, anthologies, etc.

Then by period (19th Century Russia, for example)

Kill her; dump her books.

Do you have any before pics? or just pics now?

Fucking women, man. Show her who is the boss and get her back in the kitchen. Women should be seen not heard, bro

>Worst part is I know she's gonna keep the books if we break up.
And how is she gonna stop you from taking your own property with you?

plebboy he has a woman, he doesn't need your lowgrade memes in his bookshelf either.

She recognised he doesn't have the autism required for him to kill her over messy up a perfectly fine collection and filing system. Genre fiction teaches you to only know your audience.

>tfw make husband keep all his genre fiction and comics in his "man cave"

Sorry for your loss, OP.

Fiction: county of orgin --> author by publication date of first book --> publication/writing order

Non-fiction: topic --> county of orgin --> author by date of publication of first book --> publication/writing order

Poetry: country of orgin --> etc (same as others)

>she(?) lets her husband have a man cave

I mean, it keeps the garbage out of the rest of the house. I have a study/home office.

At least your gf reads.

My gf has ADHD, can't even concentrate on kids' books. It bothers me but I'd feel like an asshole if I broke up with her for it.

It also keeps it out of the garbage can.

read books to her :3

tell her to get a script

lol your books just got cucked

imo you shouldn't marry someone you hate enough to throw their things out. I just think he's got tacky taste.

American literature, English literature, French literature, German literature, Russian literature.

Spanish literature, Latin American literature.

History of Argentina, latin America, Spain and World history.

Religion, philosophy and political essays.

Good point. Why are you married to a child in the first place? You pedo or something?

There's a lot more to a person than their taste in books, user. Things like kindness, loyalty and potential for being a good father are more important to me.

>most of her books are plebshit genrefic
So how is
>donates duplicates
a big problem? Your collection's impeccably patrician, right?

If she can't read kids' books scripts are going to be a nightmare.

>There's a lot more to a person than their taste in books, user.
Of course, but being a child usually indicates something about those thing.
>kindness, loyalty and potential for being a good father
Aren't those more like the bare minimum?

how do you order the countries?

>donates duplicates
she did you a favor user. I often decide what books to get rid of to make space on my shelf by looking at someone plebby's bookshelf and getting rid of everything we both have

You'd think they would be, but it's rare to find all three.

I start at the bottom of Africa, go up through the Middle East over to the Far East, then through Russia into Scandinavia and Europe, then over to Canada, USA, and down through Latin/South America.

>Worst part is I know she's gonna keep the books if we break up.

Wew lad.

>tons of non-fiction about Africa

Bruh...
She wants to get blacked.

epic reddit

Yeah I forgot about that. I order them by language then area (so England, America, Ireland, Canada are all in a "section" by each other) counties like Hungary which I think of as between Germany and Russia are placed between the German and Russian sections.
Nabokov straddles Russian and American.
At this point it's a bit subjective.

That's the gods honest truth user.
Why else would some basic white girl have an interest in that shithole

OP never said she was white.

Fair enough.
But most women I know who have some interest in the dark continent only do so because they have a thing for Mandingo warriors.

I can assure you that you don't know women around you that well at all, and mostly you're projecting your insecurities on other people. :)

how awful must to have a talk with you in real life

Homie, I only say this because these women have told me that jacked black men are their type.
There's no projection, just what shameless broads have admitted to me.

>move in with gf
>make this incredibly pedestrian topic as a stealthbrag

>thinking you can brag on Veeky Forums

Gf has started reading my books

>organize a bookshelf
Kek
Why would you do that?

It makes it easier to find books you want to find. It doesn't really make sense until you have at least a few hundred books though.

>Veeky Forums talking about girls

You're German, right? Germans always write ":3". Stupid Germans.

Novels alphabetically by author, nonfiction by topic starting with the most that you give a shit about to least

Savage detected. The sole hallmark of civilization is the ability to be decent even to people you hate.

Write your sign name or stupid presentation on the first printed page of the book

quads confirm
i put the biggest volume against the wall of the shelf and work down. if theres space at the end i use a bookend.

top kek

>tfw too poor for physical books
>what books I do have are crammed onto one shelf of a "bookshelf" amidst papers and an etch-a-sketch
>the shelf above this one contains personal hygiene products and my old high school graduation cap and some other shit
>top shelf contains a broken keyboard and a candle
>shelf below the books contains video games and a few dvds
>bottom shelf contains a couple more books, an old container for film reel that I found at a garage sale that I thought was neat, and a replacement lawn mower blade

why the fuck did I type all of this

You're extrapolating strangely. I didn't say I hate people enough to throw their things away. I said that people shouldn't marry those they feel that way about.

I dunno, you could have just taken a picture instead.

either entirely randomly or alphabetical by author's last name

Why would you allow this shit? And WTF do you mean "she's gonna keep the books if we break up"?? I'd see my loved ones all in Hell before they took my books.
Separate the books, sort yours as you want, and be a man. I was married and co-habitating for seven years before we bought a house and finally combined book collections, and they'd get un-combined if we ever separated, believe me. Exes can give you back your books, or understand that you'll be their worst nightmare for the rest of their miserable lives.

>all that useless shit

Why not declutter?

only thing you should be combining is your genitals lmao

>she's gonna keep the books if we break up.
Dude.
Come on.

>she's gonna keep the books if we break up.

lmfao kcmod

>move in with gf
>already talking about break up

you are speaking your mind

>Exes can give you back your books, or understand that you'll be their worst nightmare for the rest of their miserable lives.

woah

Take all her books off and then piss on them. Show her who's the boss.

>Exes can give you back your books, or understand that you'll be their worst nightmare for the rest of their miserable lives.
Reddit.

Guy in the middle is -aggressively- bantering. Guy looking at us has just had the horrifying realisation that he's just a bit too old for this level of banter, and beneath their banter his friends know it too.

I don't organise them

I stuff them on the shelf in any order

some of them are stacked sideways or on top of other rows

came to post this, op is beta cuck too pussy to have a fucking open conversation with his gf about a bookshelf.

This relationship will surely last since you're both so open with each other.

>tfw hold my own hand in bed as if I'm holding hands with a girl
>tfw circle my thumb on the back of the other hand as if it's a girl
>tfw rub my foot up and down my calf as if it's a girl
>tfw run my fingers up and down and through my chest hair as if it's a girl doing it
>tfw whisper to myself in a feminine voice and reply in a deep whisper complaining jokingly to "her" that I'm tired and need to sleep
>tfw lie in bed and pretend a qt girl is lying with her face towards mine and smiling at me
>tfw fold up my bathrobe and place it between legs as if it's a girl's leg
>tfw kiss empty air pretending I'm kissing a girl
>tfw lie on my back and hold my arm out and then folded at a ninety degree angle to pretend I'm holding a girl who's lying against me
>tfw go through each board on Veeky Forums pretending I'm giving a tour to my girlfriend and providing a humorous little summary about each one
>tfw watching home videos on my laptop of my family and me as a kid and pretending a qt girl is sitting beside me saying "awww" and smiling and asking who the different people are
>tfw walking home alone and pretending she's walking beside me and think up lengthy dialogue and occasionally laugh at something she or I said in the imagined dialogue
>tfw imagine meeting her family and having them like me
>tfw imagine her meeting my family for the first time and us sleeping and talking quietly in my room at home
>tfw imagine her and my mom preparing coffee after dinner and watching her laugh at something my mom says
>tfw imagine making her mom laugh and making her father a little annoyed when she and her mother tell him that he's probably boring me and that I probably want to get to bed after the long journey
>tfw developing several lengthy scenarios involving me and my qt crush and replaying them mentally each night while adding minor details and more dialogue and making them a little longer each night

fuck you. i kek'd

>>tfw walking home alone and pretending she's walking beside me and think up lengthy dialogue and occasionally laugh at something she or I said in the imagined dialogue
>tfw not funny enough to make my imaginary girlfriend laugh

fuck off faggot

these are kawaii as shit, post shelves and location and maybe you'll get an insufferable hipster Veeky Forums gf who you can leave for your imaginary ex

>he fell for the gf meme

>tfw go through each board on Veeky Forums pretending I'm giving a tour to my girlfriend and providing a humorous little summary about each one

She would be gone after that homie