Which south American language should I learn for literature, Spanish or Portuguese?

Which south American language should I learn for literature, Spanish or Portuguese?
Pic unrelated

>Spanish: Cervantes, Borges
>Portugese: Coelho

hmmm hard choice IDK OP

>>Spanish: Cervantes, Borges
nigger please lmao
confirmed for anglo plebeian

OP both languages are good for literature i'd recommend spanish first but Brazil has great authors too

Portuguese is way more Veeky Forums tho

I'm Brazilian and you should learn Spanish.

Im spanish and you should learn portugal's portuguese

To be fair, Pessoa was Portuguese, but he's the only author I can think of who wrote in that language, while Spanish is one of the most important literary languages ever.

But they're very, very similar languages and it's stupid to learn one and not the other when it's so easy to learn both at the same time.

ehhh
i'd advice to learn one first and then the other

I imagine it's not that easy for a person who doesn't speak one of them natively.

there's Saramago and Lispector too but that's about it.

OP here, I didn't want to say this in the beginning to see the unbiased results, but I guess spanish is the way to go at first. I've studied Spanish enough so that when I take the placement test on Duolingo I just get placed as far as you can go, meaning I dont miss a question. I studied it a lot when I was younger, but I haven't even touched it in depth in the past year. The thing is, Duolingo really gives you a very basic understanding of Spanish, and I can't talk with Mexicans here in Texas, I don't know any of the words they say. I am nowhere near fluent but I'd say I have a handle on the basics. Anyone got some good books(no need for audio I have pronunciation down pretty well) to learn Spanish?

>south american language

Yes, Spanish and Portuguese are the two main languages of South America. I am interested in South American literature, not necessarily native Spanish or Portuguese literature, with is why I specified South American.

No shame in being unable to understand Mexicans. Even as a native Spanish speaker they some trouble. Their tone is just very whiny and they stress syllables differently in a lot of cases, making it difficult to understand.

You guys are hard to understand as well
>watching Rec
>had to turn on subs because cojones joder

Oh, then definitely learn Spanish first. There's no such thing as Brazilian literature outside of .

Guarani

eres una mamada wey, la neta si no entiendes esto es porque tienes el coco lleno de puritita cagada.
you cant even write english properly, lmao.

se me olvidaron algunas palabras. no te cages cabron

I agree, but only if you're talking about northerners and pochos.

>puritita