Need Advice From People That Worked Hard And Made It

Adult people with life experience only please:
Here's situation, I'm 22 going to comp sci college this year (don't care if you think it's not worth it, I'm from Europe and it's for free and a good college + I get a lot of benefits for it, since I'm from based country).

I'm gonna save up roughly 5k€ in next 6 months (about 7k$ given current rate). I have to buy laptop, which will cost me around 1k€ and I'm gonna be left with 4k€. My expenses are about 150€ per month and I'm not sure what my income will be during college years.

I've been trying out forex with demo account for last 2-3 months and averaged (1200 pips+ per month, circa 7% returns, which is probably unsustainable, but w/e). I think my TA is quite good and I've been dwelling into other market also and had some very good calls. Can't say I'm profitable long term, I've been doing it for few months as a hobby.. but I'm gonna put 2k€ into forex and turn that into something over the years.

How can I build passive income, I'm still living home, Veeky Forums, sociable, good with girls (fucked a lot, but also been in relationships for about 3 years, so I know what women are like and what they want), people like me immidiately because of my energy/character and honesty, disciplined, well spoken, 4 years of working experience, just all around guy.

How do I make a roadmap, to crush life for next 4-5 years and live free for the rest of my life happy? I'm gonna work my ass off, manage my checkbook, just be passionate in college and show determination so I get credentials and try to get internship and develop other hobbies, while going to college.

I'm used to working 16-18 hours per day (8hrs working, 4hrs studying, 2hrs training to take care of looks), so I'm sure I'll do fine in college versus your average spoiled weed smoking first world millenial that bitches about how much work there is to do.

Attached: 1oyfyy.jpg (604x453, 36K)

well you generate the best passive income by starting your own business and getting dividends.

relying on anything else is unacceptable. sure it can be supplemented with diversification once the divs need to be put to work.

How do I make the best of this?

I wanna have about 2-3 years of working experience in Software Engineering/Web Dev by the time I turn 27 and be on my own, start a carrer and have money saved up from passive income.

On the side I could probably model, since I'm Veeky Forums, I could probably try and publish few books, since I wrote a lot in the past and like writting in general.

Other than that I don't know what else to do, other than impress the right people, build connections and hope to make osmething out of it and land a good carrer while being surrounded with right people.

Long term I wanna marry, build house, enjoy family life, but that's after 30s.

All you NEETs with zero experience, that never done and wagecucked and struggled in a job for 50hours+ that you hated, but still did because money was good.. please fuck out off this thread and don't even try to give me an advice on anything.

Yes, starting my own bussines will take about 4-5 years I think, maybe faster, but I don't want to just start it out of the sake of starting my own business. It takes time and gradual steps.

Recieving dividends is already on my list, but it's another thing where I'll have to build a lot of money first to recieve a substantial income from them.

Larp harder

I took time to think about this, write few things down and ask a serious question. If you think I'm larping and trolling (stealing someone time), then please go back into your nihilistic basement and ignore this thread, because you aren't contributing nothing with your little retarded comment.

Everybody want's to get rich, but nobody want's to get fucking good at something.

Passive income is a meme till you got at least 100k saved up. The fastest way to 1mil is
1. Crypto
2. Job

So get fucking good at something (nodejs, go, devops/cloud), and jump outta college making 150k/year and still live a fucking monk if you wanna save quick. There's no way in hell you can go to school, and make crazy money in 4 years, but give it like 8 and you got a decent chance of having a 500k-1mil

We'll see about crypto, I hope BTC goes on another bullish rally, then I'll hope into alts and short BTC when time comes. Kind of missed a big opportunity by doing so during this parabolic retracement, since I was correct on 14.5k$ drop and 6k$ bottom basically.. but that's a 'what if' scenario that I didn't partake.

Until BTC goes on a rally again, I'm gonna stay out of it.

I'm still relying on job and good carrer more than on investment money. Investment money could make me financialy independent, but I'd still rather excell in some field, potentialy start up my own business and have a good carrer in that field.

I have no problem with living like a monk for next 10 years and saving up, sine I know that will produce a financial freedom and happy life for the rest of my existatnce.

I agree with get good at something and that's why I'm going to go to college (fuck of you NEETs again, I know I can learn a lot of comp sci on internet, but it's still nice to have paper, guidance from mentors and be surrounded with people from same field every day and discuss things).

ur arrogance will not help ;)

Well what are you gonna learn?

Comp sci in college just scratches the surface of several languages, and teaches fundamentals to coding. You won't master shit there.

I'm completely fine with someone on the internet reading these few posts and thinking I'm arrogant. Absolutely hilarious Mr. ;).

if you want to have a sucessfull business you need to work basically non stop for the next 5 years. when i started up i worked every weekend, didnt take a holiday for years and just survived despite being pretty smart. its really hard work and difficult which is why no one does it.

after 12 years of having my own profitable business im in about 0.0001% of businesses. most are long bankrupt by now.

no such thing as easy money and be honest you are extremely likly to fail.

For now it's about learninig fundamentals, I started with C#, learned few things. Then I thought maybe going into dev web would be smarter, since I could potentialy start working for some company during college as front-end developer, then back-end and finally become full stacked. However, keep in mind, I started learning web dev just because I want to work in field I'm also studying at college.. so potentially I get paid internship, experience, resume, pretty much perfect scenario.

Currently learning JS, went over HTML&CSS quite fast, since basics are kindergarden stuff to learn. Then I'll probablly go into Python a bit, after that Ruby, JQuery, .ASP.

After that, I'll go back to C# and C++.

Nice fud, just started 100k businesses

Also, the college I'll be attending is good college, so I'm sure I'll learn a lot of stuff, even though I might be better of learning on my own. But college is more than just learning, it's also about meeting people, connecting with right people, building right relationships.. there's a whole bunch of things that college offers, even though the courses might not be the best and you can learn better on your own.

Be a cam whore for queers, at your job kiss ass that's how you make it these days don't worry about starting a business

Please leave this thread.

That lineup is pants on head retarded

- Learn JS then frameworks first - Node / React
- Skip Ruby go to Golang
- Only do python if you wanna do devops/networking
- Fuck C anything granpa's are gonna price you out

Hey mate not to be a cunt, but trading forex on a demo and making money means nothing. I have seen many kids come through my work who consider themselves trading gurus who've made awesome gains on demo accounts and then fail once set up on a live account at my firm. So I wouldn't assume you are just going to kill it. TA for the most part is bull shit and the demo account you'll most likely be trading on will not be a live account. I definitely suggest still using your money for something, but wouldn't recommend day trading it you will most likely blow it all on fees or lose it. Sorry to be a wanker but that's the reality, if you are serious about trading I suggest donating a decent chunk of your time towards it because you will be competing against people who work full time and put in more work than you.

t. Someone who has traded professionally for 5 years.

Forgot frameworks*

Thank's for input.

I'll have to learn C, because my first summer project is going to be writting a trading bot (that's just a personal goal I want to achieve and I know I'll learn a lot also). Doesn't really matter, if it's going to be profitable or not, just really want to do it basically. And C has excellent speed for such project.

Python would be easier but if you're willing to throw away your precious hours learning something useless go ahead.

I was a full stack dev for 3 years before transitioning to Devops, working for a company about to do our IPO. I'm not giving you old boomer advice I'm telling you what the hot companies are hiring for in 2018, and it's not C. We have a few Java Apps, and we get 50 year old dudes giving em like 70k because we get so many applicants. Just hired a 22 yr old outta college doing Node for 120k.

I know what you mean. I'm not saying I'm guru or anything, since the timeframe is not big enough to really evaluate my skill. However, I do feel confident in my poistions and am only swing trading (daily timeframe) on key zones.

If you have discord channel, I can even show you some of my TA and how I do it, explain why I took the positions I did, etc.. I'm fairly confident in my TA and as long as I'm going to invest money that I don't care about into it, I think I'll do just fine. I'm not one of those '20 lot people that catch falling knifes on fib retracements on 5 mi ncharts and brag about it'. My lot was never bigger than 1 lot, but I think theoretically 0.8 is the biggest lot anyone should be using.

Anyway, had good success and don't really care about trading to much, maybe that's why I had good results. I'm not really emotionaly invested into charts and see them for what they are and not what I want them to be. That's just kind of my philosophy.

We'll see how it goes with real account.

Fuck the passive income shit, complete your degree, build side projects and consider that a portfolio into your first job. Data Science will be the best field for you to prepare for. Keep your eyes open for opportunities you may not have planned for.

>Be me
>Did engineering for a bit and got into sales
>now 34
>Married with 2 kids
>Earn 250k pa
>Will be a millionaire within 2 years.

I don’t do crypto and don’t go for passive income bullshit that distracts me from building my skills and professional network. I could start back at zero net worth and no job tomorrow and I’d be back to my normal lifestyle within 6 months.

Fair enough. Really appreciate your insight.

Still gonna take a month to build that thing in C# and then I can test it out and tweek it forever the way I want it, based on TA philosophy. I'm pretty sure most of the kids coming into college will have zero experience anywa.

Yeah no worries man I'm just saying trading is a very competitive field and to make good money in the long run requires a lot of time and persistence. I'm just saying don't have too high expectations, but swing trading is probably less competitive and will be a lot less stressful so might be good as a side income provided you find your edge. Good luck.

Yeah, I'm looking at 4-5 years from now, so I'm gonna be conservative with my positions and take it safe. I'm sure few people did incredible trading big lot sizes on small timeframes, but that's not really on my mind. Sure, I might take a bigger risk here and there, if I'm gonna be sure in position.. but for now it's swing trading for me and take good EV+ position.

If you think owning a business is going to give you passive income you are in for a rude awakening. Maybe you can build a business, sell it, then invest the money and make passive income off of it. I doubt you will be able to do this with a business only in operation for 4-5 years though.

Hard work is great, and important but only money makes you real money. Working hard to get rich to the point where you can retire rarely happens to someone under 30 because you don't have the money to reinvest, either in the market or in your own endeavors, and you don't have the credit to borrow and make it happen either. That said I would be borrowing all I can now. Don't borrow more than you can pay off in a couple years, say 2 if you are trying to work within a 5 year time frame. Then borrow again and do the same thing. Keep doing this until you have enough credit established you can get a real loan. Once you have some real money to work with, put it into your company you are building, then sell the company to someone with them taking over the debt.

Of course you have to have a company that is worth something for this plan to work.

better to not do something at all then take on debt. you very likly to fail and if you fail with debt your fucked

you sound like a real piece of shit op
i'd give /r9k/ neets advice for free but i wouldn't give you a hand if you paid me

I'm talking about starting out with small amounts you could pay even if you were wage slaving and working your way up. You get the business established this way, then after years of this the business might be successful enough you can comfortably take out a large sum and do something significant.Whether you are fucked or not this is how most rich people got rich, at least if they did so through business ownership. If you fail bankrupt out.

Would never go in debt to start business.

That's fine, if you think that? Don't know what to tell you, leave the thread I guess and enjoy Veeky Forums cancer?