Are there any neurologists in Veeky Forums? Could we discuss the subject? I must admit I am a neophyte...

Are there any neurologists in Veeky Forums? Could we discuss the subject? I must admit I am a neophyte, but I have interest in reading about the subject. If there are any neurologists here, please provide some tips on how to improve our cognitive skills faster.

>please provide some tips on how to improve our cognitive skills faster.
it's a simple but exhausting procedure called training

Neurologist here, what you are looking for is called 'drugs'. I recommend amphetamines

this basically
also pick up new hobbies, as far away and hard the activity sounds for your brain the better it is, but don't strain yourself too hard.
you need a legit stimuli to expand

do you mean cognitive skills in general? i would say fluid intelligence and working memory is what's needed

Yeah, maybe for the short term.

literally take adderall or modafinal, exercise, and eat well.

if you are speaking in significant and permanent terms, you should check out stephen hsu.

training for higher cognition like exercising, eating fish and healthy foods, straining your brain with complex problems and puzzles, meditation, and drugs will only go so far and are not guaranteed for actual increase in your cognition... especially in adulthood.

pretty much.
I played a mobile game called Brain Genius on my phone few years back every day when I wake up for about two years.
By the time I stopped,not even thinking about could easily remember patters,few 10 number sequences just by throwing a glance over them.
It doesnt have any benefit in life except noticing and completing a task faster.

i would say doing these activities will definitely keep the brain sharp, but not much else

What do you guys think of people like Ramanujan, von Neumann, Gauss, Euler, Newton, etc...?

Do you think you can train basically any kid to be like them? What are the chances for a young adult to at least not be like an ant to them?

>young adult
Could have maybe changed something if you were a 2 year old. The best thing you can do is to have a child and teach him to be the new big guy instead.

I don't want to live my life through my child. That'd be immensely cruel and egotistical.

Won't stop me :^)

I really hope you're joking.

I'll make him record fucking his girlfriend so I can self insert as well. VR will be a powerful thing.

>Remote cucking your own son

I fear the future.

At least anime will be real so I won't give a fuck about reality anymore.

Literally every parent does this...

I hope YOU are joking. The society you are living in is full of retarded influences and messages such as BEE URSELF AND YOU WILL GET GOOD GRADES, HAVE A GIRLFRIEND, BE INDEPENDENT AND GET TONS OF MONEY.

Don't trust that shit.

Your work as a parent should be playing classical music when the mother is pregnant, make the baby's environment like Gauss' (merchant shit, numbers and letters), and training him the love for effort-reward discipline.

The rest should be focused on less reward and more effort as he grows up.

Don't let his complains stop you. Don't reward him with stupid shit that will only make him evade the real world. Give him the "guitar" he wanted. The bike he wished for christmas...etc.

They will always make excuses as teenagers only to not do A SHIT.

They won't hate you if you are not a hypocryte and teach him how to get laid, or make some exceptions as long as he achieves his promises.

>Literally every parent is shit

Nothing new to me.

>Give him the "guitar" he wanted. The bike he wished for christmas...etc.
Just don't reward him with such bullshit. Teach the kid that math and science is the coolest thing ever and teach him new stuff as a reward, and be happy and proud of him. Scoff the video games and cartoons as boring and autistic and you've given your child the perfect mentality to finish uni by the age of 15

You don't understand what I meant. I meant having a child for the sole purpose of having him/her live the life I would have liked to live. Basically a helicopter parent that gets an ego boost for having the "perfect" child. Shit like that.

He said that you can't do anything to compensate now and that you should have started working since you were a kid, and since you can't do that, if you want to make a contribution to the world you should have your kid study from a young age instead. Your chance is already gone.