Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4125851/mosquitoes-genetically-resistant-to-malaria/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When it becomes ethical, so never.

>ethical
whats that gotta do with science ?

what would be the point of human cloning

to fuck yourself

I bet its being practiced in places like Brazil, Argentina, Russia, definitely China. Places where ethics mean fuck all.

I can see Chinese government support for it too seeing as though they already harvest organs from political prisoners, however China was never one to "innovate" as seen by their crudely constructed copies of things. Since there is no one to copy from in the field of cloning, China has nothing to produce leaving it to the Russians.

China has done it. They cloned non-viable blastocysts in order to make it suitably ethical, at least for publication. Who knows how far some places have gone behind closed doors though.

nevermind, this was gene editing, not cloning

if my clone fucked up does that mean i go to prison too?

you are stupid to think it's not being practiced in the US aswell

>make a clone of yourself
>now both of you can lose your virginity

That's gay bro.

That being gay or not is a question for philosophy

Can clones be cloned too?
Can we clone GOD?

naw dude its just extreme masturbation

Do you really think "they" aren't? Here's a mind blower for you. There are probably clones among us right now, who have no clue they're even clones.
How hard would it be to slip a few into the adoption cycle as babies, then study them as "social workers/teachers"?
Not very hard at all.

people clone embryos for in-vitro fertilization all the time.

it makes back ups in case of unsuccessful implantation.

Its super useful for editing germlines.

Why is cloning unethical if we treat the person with respect?
Conception is a sacred act only meant to arise from sex? What about in vitro fertilization?
What's the hold up?

behold,

the future of safe reproduction

Remind me why it is illegal?

Damn, how much does that shit cost?
Is that something you can do today?

Give me one good reason why cloning is inherently unethical. Just one.

So true

It's not part of God's plan

Organs, human trials, I guess a copy of your own body for brain transplanting if your original body gets dismembered. I doubt brain transplanting would be doable for a long long time, though.

>Is that something you can do today?
Yes. Just needs refinement to reduce error rates

>Damn, how much does that shit cost?
Today astronomical. In 10 years it will be affordable for most births.

And parents will pay for it to benefit their children, just like they pay for college.

Myriad of severe health problems with the clone

Thats mind blowing

CRISPR is going to change everything.

In conjunction with gene drive, it also being applied to disease vectors like mosquitos, it can convert the entire species to one with an immunity to malaria. Preventing malaria from ever finding a host!

Eventually reverse aging too.

Mind you, gene therapy is for therapeutic use to cure monogeneic diseases and other diseases, not for making your dick bigger or some dumb shit that some normie will come up with, like "can I mutate to get wings? xD"

>immunity to malaria
Malarial parasites get into the gut of mosquitos, breed and reproduce, and travel into the salivary glands so they can reinfect other hosts. How do you propose the mosquito having immunity exactly?
>Preventing malaria from ever finding a host!
what?

>identical twins should be genocided

Many argue that humans isn't meatbags that contain shit inside them and they have a soul or other things like if we clone one person will he inherit his mind, etc.

Another one is idea that humans indeed a trash species and will use clones as resources, which often comes in sci-fi and anti-utopia movies/novels. Like Island where clones were grown to match better recepient or Cloud Atlas where clones were used as slaves and then recycled to feed other clones.

I kinda don't understand why people want to clone people so hard, there a fucking 7-8 billion already.

Artificial or biological?

>I kinda don't understand why people want to clone people so hard, there a fucking 7-8 billion already.

Because fuck the other 7-8 billion people, i want more of myself

I want to raise a clone of myself instead of having kids.

It's been done and it's going to happen in larger numbers very soon. I've been approached by parents offering $35K+ to engineer their baby, and there's rumblings that the Chinese have been doing it for their higher up party members.

Once we grow to accept genetic engineering of humans, legal or not, the same type of people will be the first to create clones, but it's unlikely the motives will be as benevolent.

>Anthony A. James and his colleagues at the University of California Irvine developed a way to splice in a gene that helps the mosquito pump out antibodies to the parasite, while Valentino Gantz and Ethan Bier from the University of California San Diego found a way to perpetuate that resistance to future generations of mosquitos.

time.com/4125851/mosquitoes-genetically-resistant-to-malaria/

Because once it's allowed it's a slipery slope until sick abominations start contamining the gene pool or just being miserable lab rats in general. Dealing with regular sick retarded humans is already more than enough of a problem for society.