Will Computer Science become the new Physics of the 20th century? Discuss

Will Computer Science become the new Physics of the 20th century? Discuss

What.

Biology will be in the 21th century what Physics was for the 20th century

Computer science and neuroscience must merge into a single field first.

>neuroscience

For now, neuroscience is a meme. Neuroscience is to biology what snapchat is to computer science.

No. Discuss.

Wow. Two can play this dumb game

computer science is to science what coloring books are to art

>tfw you're 13.8b years of universal success.
Feels good man. I can die into none existence knowing this.

No. Biology only helps us explain why cats meow. Biology will be redundant when computer science advances to higher levels.

Once our robot overlords come, biology will be nothing but health care for the peasants.

We dont need neuroscience for the AI singularity. There are more than one path to intelligence and the human way certainly isnt the perfect one.

See pic related you millenial retards.
>muhh crispr-cas
You're almost as bad as the singularity faggots.

Physics will be the new Physics of the 21st century.

Biology is comedy gold-tier joke. There's no autistic virgin who transcended reality to discover the secrets of the universe there, just some brainlet Chads getting laid after their medschool class. Tell me just one (1) thing biologists do that isn't some fucking joke.

>psychology
Freud and Kinsey were just mentally-ill and you know it.

>cognitics
The experiments are useful, but they really don't take a genius to put up.

>medicine
This thing is so fucking useless that they have to pay the food industry to poison all this dumb fucking cattle and politicians to make vaccine mandatory because they know well their job is utterly fucked in a hygienic society.

>evolution
It's all just muh invisible hand and adds zero value to the economy. Alright, I'm the descendant of glorious homo sapiens master race raping some dumb inferior monkey neanderthalis after slaughtering their tribes. Now where's my teraFLOPS computer?

>neurology
It's just some mix between psychology and cognitics. Enough said.

lmao your post reeks of insecurity

>medicine
>useless

Medicine is for brainlets who cant math. Literally 90% is just memorizing stuffs that even women are excel at it.
>but muh paycheck
>but muh prestig
Spend 10 years accumulating debt before making some decent money while AIfags make the same or more with 7 years of education while being paid to have fun? Haha faggots.
You medifags are gonna be replaced by AI. Very soon.

All of you retards keep forgetting that AI will be doing scientific research as soon as it's developed, and that it's far more powerful than us, and you can have armies of them researching all subjects.

Call me when physics cures cancer with their quantum theory, imarite?

Seriusly, never get sick annon. Nor you mother.
Live forever. :)

I can tell you're good at math because you might be legitimately autistic.

While pay some medifags for cure when we can have AI do the same stuffs for almost free with greater accuracy :^)

CompSci to STEM is like T to LGBT. Everything is fucking gay but CompSci is the worst, most degenerate piece of shit.

But you will be replaced by AI as well. Do you seriously think future AI won't be able to improve upon itself? You're as redundant as all of us are once you develop it.

I'm happy to be replaced by the superior race and I suggest you all to feel the same.
Btw my wish for this life is to take part in the creation of the greatest race in the universe :^)

We are not discussing software engineer here m8.

Think about it, future generations will have the reverse 'smart but lazy' meme, since you'd be idiotic to try to compete with AI. You're smart if you're lazy.

Chad will be the new smart. My sons can be Chad all they want without being called dumboes by the morons.

Kek, physics, and to be accurate quantum theory you just mentioned, is closest to explaining cancer than anything ever.

Golly!

why do they meow tho

Aside from extending life expectancy 30-40 years on average through almost eliminating infant mortality and providing borderline miraculous trauma care, medicine is pretty useless.
You should probably stop in to see your psychiatrist and take your meds.

kys

>its so useful to be a human database that memorises drug names and disease symptoms xD!!
(You)

Physics does help treat cancer. 50% of all cancer patients get radiation at some point, meaning that modern physics helps to treat half of all cancer patients.

No. CS is a meme.

Computer science does not alter our understanding of our own reality, or attempt to explain it. It attempts to explain the mechanisms behind what amounts to toys we invented to keep ourselves busy.

Apples to oranges but I'm sure you knew that.

>engineering mankind into a superior species, immortality and cure for all disease is useless
>Biology does psychology
>science should only exist for application

This is why people laugh at singularityfags.

>what amounts to toys

Well meme'd. Second-semester freshman with no world experience confirmed. Brainlet status: >to smart for CS.

the entirety of human existence happened on this gigantic rock of ours floating in space. were a sitting target and you're bitching about which degree is better than another. the bottom line is that we invented technology to occupy our time. we're sitting ducks for solar flares, comets, asteroids, any number of catastrophic disasters the universe could randomly decide to throw at us.

but you want to worry about the machines we use to crunch numbers for us when we're too lazy to do it ourselves. this lack of perspective is whats holding you back. were smart animals on a rock, nothing more. instead of dedicating your time to understanding/advancing our understanding of our own existence, you focus on machines we created for convenience. in the end, none of this will matter. and billions of years from now, aliens will dig up a computer and say "hmm, must've been some kind of entertainment device". your lifes work summed up in "hmm, weird". nice legacy.

Your comment would hold ground if it wasn't for the fact in billion of years the Earth would be kill by the sun. So no aliens can find it.

So kill yourself.

You know what the difference between computer science and social science is?
Social science knows it isn't really science.

Such angst. I admire your dedication, kiddo. Don't spend too much time having fun; you'll eventually have to stop being an edgelord if you want to become a productive member of society.

Plenty of facets of the modern world are dependent on computing; just as many are vested in breakthroughs in computing. Think about how we currently handle any of the following tasks: emergency response, military communication, mass production and scheduling (... and on).

Really makes you think, huh? I would also go on about the relevance of theoretical computer science to philosophical questions of existence, but you strike me as the sort of fellow in whom such ideas would only find generous amounts of space and silence.

Oh great. Not only does our work mean literally nothing, our existence does as well. So clearly, this thread, your condescending shitposting, and you as a person do not matter whatsoever.

And you thought that was helping your argument here? All it does is show that you're a dick in your spare time for no fucking reason.

>emergency response
>military communication
>mass production
>et al
>things we accomplished for thousands of years without computers
>and created machines to do for us for the fuck of it
does nothing to prove any of that wrong. think about how we handle it now? think about how it was handled before. it WAS handled. so the creation of computers didn't revolutionize how we perceive the world around us and it didn't rewrite our understanding of ourselves.

it made shit easier. dont kid yourself.

We're getting there. So in what way is working to make our lives easier equivalent to 'making toys'? In the same vein, I could argue that medicine is similarly "pointless."

Also, just to assist in your education, computer science isn't all about how to make and use the computers we use today. Another component is the concept of a theory of computation. If you're about to argue that computation is pointless, I believe your edge is too great for even me to handle.

Another point to help you understand the utility of computer science: the goal of modeling consciousness is counted among the goals of computer science. Is this close enough to "understanding ourselves" for you?